Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did the deed as I have been telling peeps on here that I eventually would be doing. I needed new tires so I took the leap of faith and spent some mulla on 235/40ZR17 BF Goodrich KDW (NT)!

Current wheel Spec:
17x7.5 with 45mm Offset Rota Subzeros

Tire Spec
235/40ZR17

Suspension:
Tein SS

Addition:
5mm Spacers

I had to get spacers for the front which I assumed I would but the rear
would not allow spacers to fit. It rubbed against the fender. So I will be rolling my fenders pretty soon which I also planned on doing.

Pics:

Rear

Front with 5mm spacers

:headbang:

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
So do you rub on the inside without the spacers?

Those are much more under the car than I would have expected...(which is good).

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do you rub on the inside without the spacers?

Those are much more under the car than I would have expected...(which is good).
Yeah I would have rubbed inside on the front without spacers so I would go with a 7.5 inch wheel with a 40mm offset to anyone who plans on going this size that hasnt bought wheels. :burn:

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Have you tried any hard cornering or doing U turns?

I was planning on doing this also.

Also some wheels dont come in the exact size 17x7.5 +40.. So if thats the case a 5mm spacer will be needed.

Are you going to roll the front fenders also?

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried any hard cornering or doing U turns?

I was planning on doing this also.

Also some wheels dont come in the exact size 17x7.5 +40.. So if thats the case a 5mm spacer will be needed.

Are you going to roll the front fenders also?

Yeah thats what I did. I have a 45mm offset. I took the car out last night for some aggressive drivin and she handled well. Im going to be rolling the fenders soon so I can put spacers on the rear.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
This is cool to see. This is the tire size I'd just love to run, but it seems tricky to pull off. They barely seem to fit in the front, but you seem to (by your believable account) be running as much positive offset as you can already...

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is cool to see. This is the tire size I'd just love to run, but it seems tricky to pull off. They barely seem to fit in the front, but you seem to (by your believable account) be running as much positive offset as you can already...
It sits flush with the fender. It could prbably go another 5mm but it would stick out a llittle.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah I would have rubbed inside on the front without spacers so I would go with a 7.5 inch wheel with a 40mm offset to anyone who plans on going this size that hasnt bought wheels. :burn:
Do you think with a 40mm offset the rear would still be rubbing? Because the wheels im looking at getting happen to be 17x7.5 w/ 40mm offset, and I would LOVE to be able to run this size tire.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you think with a 40mm offset the rear would still be rubbing? Because the wheels im looking at getting happen to be 17x7.5 w/ 40mm offset, and I would LOVE to be able to run this size tire.
You will need to roll the fenders if you go with the tire size that I have.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm assuming we're talking about removing the fender liner in the front correct?

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm assuming we're talking about removing the fender liner in the front correct?
We were actually talking about the rear. The front sits perfect.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Wow you car is sick and thats alot of meat on those rims, I run 225, but there on 18's and I hate those 18's....

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow you car is sick and thats alot of meat on those rims, I run 225, but there on 18's and I hate those 18's....
Lol thanks bro. I thought about running 18's but they're too big IMO.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
We were actually talking about the rear. The front sits perfect.
I know the rear is the part you're having the problem with but what I'm curious about is whether you still have the fender liners in the front fenders or not. The reason I ask is because I'm venturing out to fit 245/40R17's on my Enkei 17x8 +45's and if 235/40R17 fit with the fender liner in then I have plenty of room to work with the 245's. I figured I might have to roll the lip on the rear fenders a bit but I don't really want to mess with the front fenders.

If you have the time if you could take some shots looking straight up into the fender well so we can get an idea of what the clearance looks like that would be awesome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts