Honda Prelude Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Price will be adjusted for the amount of people who are really in, I won't know if it will hit 20 until I get all the stage 1 payments in. Normally there are at least a few drops.

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
This group buy is now closed. I've started ordering the supplies and will post updates in this thread.

·
Needs Sensitivity Train'n
2,142 Posts
Hell yeeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
908 Posts
On a sidenote, maybe one day you could design some h-braces for the undercarriage! Haha
Super pumped about getting this for the springtime but Nigeltay put a thought I was contemplating as I look to stiffen the car up short of a roll cage. I know chassis engineering is a different beast but Dave if you ever decide to make an H brace or X brace that would be fantastic. Just saying :)

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Everything has been ordered and work has begun. The bushings are on back order again so I won't see those until late January at the earliest. I don't think SuperPro sells many of these sway bar bushings so I'm kind of wiping out the North American supply when I order 20 at once.

Super pumped about getting this for the springtime but Nigeltay put a thought I was contemplating as I look to stiffen the car up short of a roll cage. I know chassis engineering is a different beast but Dave if you ever decide to make an H brace or X brace that would be fantastic. Just saying :)
TBH I'm not convinced those things will make enough difference to justify their weight. Maybe something I can investigate in 2018 but I've got an AWD 3G swap to work on after doing these sway bars and that will probably take some time.

Chedda does make some fender braces though. Maybe you can talk him into doing and X or H brace.

·
Registered
908 Posts
You make a solid point. The only reference I have was on my 07 Civic Si where I had an H brace and after a track day the bolts were bent (had to step up to grade 10). Apples to Oranges, I know, I know. I may send him a message in the coming days to see what interest he has. I would like to try out the fender braces but not sure I can justify the price they are asking. Its great that they support the 3rd gens however so I'm conflicted there.

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Just an update. My steel supplier sent me some of the wrong stuff so I haven't been able to finish the bars themselves but I'm almost done with all the mounts:

The correct material should arrive this week and if all is well I'm going to try and have the bars ready for heat treatment next week.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Looking good. I am frozen in Winter so take your time. I can't comment on people that live in warmer climates :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi guys,
Congrats on the sway bar design and execution.
On my old car I ran front and rear Whitelines and were very impressed with them.
When I read your comments for this compared to Whiteline rear, I would be happy to try one.
I am about to buy another 3rd gen(H22 swap) during the spring or summer from a friend, too bad I see this thread after it is not possible to order any more.
Please advise if a piece is left from it or if it is possible to pay so late - would pay 100% once, no stages.

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hi guys,
Congrats on the sway bar design and execution.
On my old car I ran front and rear Whitelines and were very impressed with them.
When I read your comments for this compared to Whiteline rear, I would be happy to try one.
I am about to buy another 3rd gen(H22 swap) during the spring or summer from a friend, too bad I see this thread after it is not possible to order any more.
Please advise if a piece is left from it or if it is possible to pay so late - would pay 100% once, no stages.
Actually there are still 3 slots open due to people dropping out. PM me your email address and I will send you some info.

Also, progress update: All the arms are finished, nearly complete with fabrication. Messages going out soonish.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts