Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says:

Im thinkin of getting 215/40/17 tires, not sure what rim size that would be (obviously 17's but offset/width... ie. 17x7s, 17x6.5s?) ...

also from anyone who has had them, will i need camber kit or lowering kit/coilovers etc? right now it is stock height less a lil sag (it all gets saggy when you get old :p)...

any advice..

oh and ps i searched and searched and searched and not a useful thread found..

-mike:smilejap:

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
that is really wide. i am running 205/40/17.5 and thats on a neuspeed 1.8in drop all around and its great.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
i have em, mounted on 17x7 rims. love em. sorry, no pics currently though

you can use em at stock height no problem. and you can use em with up to like 1.5 inch drop front and rear i believe, and anything in between

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I got em....17x7 Speedo is a bit off...will work with a 1.5 inch drop no problem. Search and you shall find...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I mounted Tenzo Sinko (Mugen RNR copies) 17x7 w/ 42mm offset on 205/40/17 Hancook Ventus only coz I got a good deal on them ($125 new, all four) otherwise I would have spent blood money on some Yoko Paradas.

I initially installed Tokico Blues w/ 1.5" drop and was concerned w/ tire wear but since limited use and the fact the tires were dirt cheap I passed on camber kit. You'll wanna bag the old saggies and do the drop so she sits nicely & the rims fill out the wheelwells. Handling-wise I've noticed a great improvement and it totally justifies the trade-off w/ the slightly diminished ride quality.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
205/40 17's 1.5 drop... We want to go to 215's when these go bad. Should not have any issues. Camber kit is highly suggested with a drop.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hate em, on 17x7.5... installing GC's this weekend... i will let ya know how much im able to drop it, and ill be having a camber kit...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I had them on mine. I was dropped on H&R sports. With the tokico's it measured to just around 2 inches dropped all around, give or take a tiny bit. Gave a tad more protection on curbing a tire. I never drove 205's so i couldn't tell ya the pro's and con's. I recommend them over 205's.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, so the offset that is quoted doesnt really matter or what? im not even sure what that means, im looking at some Enkei RS7 17"x7" with tires.. so lemme know thoughts..

thanks

-mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts