• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Needs Sensitivity Train'n
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***2011 Jonathan Capp's Award Thread***
It has been a long time coming and there has been quite a bit of support for this so here it is.

***THE OFFICIAL JONATHAN CAPP'S AWARD THREAD***

Jonathan loved cars, boats, his work (carpenter by trade), and his family. He left behind two sons, a one year old and a six year old. He was a great asset to our community and had one of the nicest third gens I have ever seen on here, which he built himself.

Rest in Peace Turbonetics1

http://www.live5news.com/global/story.asp?s=12781476

__________________________________________________ ______________

The Jonathan Capp's award is a memorial from our community so his name and contributions will not be forgotten. The award will be given annually every July which is the month that he passed. Nominations can be submitted throughout the year so members can discuss them. Every May the nominations will be compiled with voting taking place in June.

Jonathan was such an asset to this community because of the brand new ideas he brought to us. He engineered and made things work on his lude under the hood, in the interior, and on the body that not only functioned but looked good. On top of that he did write ups sharing his discoveries and accomplishments with the community.

The recipient of this award should be the member that contributed the most to the community by showing their creativity and innovation in their cars and then sharing it with the community in their build thread or through write ups. This will be run like POTY with the exception of doing nominations and the voting just once - no monthly winners or competition and the contributions can be dated back however far and only applicable to the third genners.

Off the top of my head things like Dank's Steering kit, Forza's turbo manifold and body mods, Cuda's polyurethane contributions, Sean's lips, Mustard Cat's just about everything, secluded's end links. I am sure there are more but those are the types of things that come to mind. And not just inventions or new ideas but just making things work and getting them on the lude in a way that represents the form and function that Jonathan brought to the table with his car. True innovators that really make things happen for the community and shared it with the community. Sharing it with the community through write ups is key.

__________________________________________________ __________________

RULES:

1) Keep this thread clean of BS and personal attacks. We have plenty of threads on here that contain that so do it elsewhere. Discuss things freely but in a professional / respectful manner. NO BASHING.
2) No minimum post count or membership time. Any member that has made a contribution to the 3rd gen section of this site is eligible. So for example if a member comes into our section and posts a thread with a write up of some ground breaking contribution then that member will be eligible for nominations.
3) Voting and nominees are to be third genners ONLY.
4) Nominations should be supported by links - please do not copy an entire write up with pictures into this thread - links will suffice.
5) You can nominate more than one person if you like but you can only vote once.
6) There is one winner per year.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

AWARD:

Award graphic will be placed in the winner's signature and the winner will be given unlimited rep power.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Links to Jonathan's contributions:

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296964

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289041

2011 NOMINEES:

Mustard Cat
1funryd
Triplelude
ben_deez
dank tank
Forza
Preludegofast13
ToxxicLuder90
nolimitphillyboyzzz

Thank you everyone, especially Hjdanzi, and please PM me or post up any ideas or things you would like to include or make part of this award.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Thank you all for considering me. If any of you know me or have spoken to me you know you can call anytime with questions and John was very much the same, and this community wouldn't be a community if we didn't learn and share our innovations with each other.

I'm still drooling over how clean John's car was to this day.

·
Memento Mori
7,482 Posts
Thanks for the nomination guys! I haven't been able to contribute much lately due to deployment, but expect more posts and look for updates to my site in December.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
I appreciate the nomination everyone. I dont feel like i deserve it more than most of these guys, who have put out cold hard evidence of their hard work in form of parts or help with others builds directly.

I can say ive helped many along the way, over the years little by little. Simple questions, some more in depth... and most help i suppose has come of my well documented 3g build. My having ran into tons of common issues and worked through it with the help of others has compiled a huge trouble shooting guide essentially throughout my build thread. (link below)

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275503

the only articles/how-to's ive done are on the few different lips ive tried and ran on my car. and the vw/flip key mod.

i try my best to answer the tons and tons of random questions i get either on here or on youtube on my video page. finding the time to do more than what ive been recently doing is not easy since joining the airforce & with being here in korea. no way to do new stuff at the moment without a car here... lol. unless im just documenting something ive already done.

liek i said though, i appreciate the nomination but most of these guys have done tons more for the 3rd gen community in one way or the other.

Thank you all it's been a good 9.5 years

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
It is an honor to be nominated in such an innovative community.

The 3rd generation Prelude has a small aftermarket, and a shrinking parts market. However, the knowledge-support base for making things work, restoring, and modifying our 3rd gens is still growing. Credit should be directed to our forum operators, admins, and mods who keeps everything together.

And thank you Turbonetics1, for inspiring Prelude owners to help each other.

You can see in my signature I have tons or various useful links. I took some time to insert all of these to help better our collective knowledge.When I first tried to create this sig, the forum complained about too many characters (lol). There is just too much to fit into one signature. Below is a list of different threads that I think have helped a lot of people, including the PGM-CARB adjustments thread.

Sticky: FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), Common Repairs, etc
TripleLude

B20a3 Carb Adjustments Write-Up and ECU Error Codes (
1 2 3 ... Last Page)
TripleLude

Real intake for carbed 1988 S Preludes - pics and video (
1 2 3 ... Last Page)
TripleLude

Mild B20a3 build... the addiction is fed agaiN! (
1 2 3 ... Last Page)
TripleLude

Third Generation Prelude S Performance Inventory!
TripleLude

PGM-CARB Performance Product Confirmed
TripleLude

Rebuilding the carburetors... again
TripleLude

How-to: Use B21 wire harness with B20a5 engine (
1 2)
TripleLude

Suspension build (
1 2 3 ... Last Page)
TripleLude

Freeze-12 or R-134a (
1 2 3 ... Last Page)
TripleLude

Feeding the B20a addiction... a thread of progress (
1 2 3 ... Last Page)
TripleLude

Calculating Target AFR - Gasoline w/ E85 content
TripleLude

Detailed engine break-in procedure (FAQ please)
TripleLude

Filling the motor mounts - Urethane
TripleLude

HOW-TO - Install a piston into a B20a5 - pics (
1 2)
TripleLude

How-to: Use B21 wire harness with B20a5 engine (
1 2)
TripleLude

Could have missed some things.

Thank You,
Joe

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
Thanks for the nomination guys! I haven't been able to contribute much lately due to deployment, but expect more posts and look for updates to my site in December.
Didn't you already contribute an entire website? :smilejap:

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for getting in here and showing some support. It does kind of suck that there is only one winner since all of you have done a great deal to help the community.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
One reason I hate polls like this is because it can suggest that one person contributes better to the Prelude community -- and we all know this isn't true, but it's hard to shake the feeling I'm sure.

Everybody on that list deserve to be up there without question. We have a badass team here on PreludePower no doubt and I congratulate everybody on that list.

Blah blah blah, great job guys and I love you all. Seriously. Love. You. All. srsly

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
wow i really appreciate the nomination! thank you all so much!
john was a great guy. him and i spent alot of time on the phone talking about my setup and his. i bought a head cams and intake mani from him. he was a real cool guy. i only hope my lude comes out half as cool as his.

·
Premium Member
16,544 Posts
Thank you for the nomination guys/gals.

We as a community have come pretty far from the early days of our forums.

The reason we are where we are at is because we all build upon each others knowledge and experiences. This has allowed us a community to grow to heights never seen before.

When Jonathan first came on board this forum the first thing I remember him doing was posting as usual, but after he did some reading he pmed right off thanking me for my contribution to this great site.
He stated how he wanted to be able to do what I have done and contribute to our great community. Well, he did. And for that I salute him.

I was of course honored and blessed by this gesture, and he has held a place in my heart for being so respectful to me, just a lowly enthusiast such as himself.

I do not myself deserving of this type of award, simply because we all deserve this. From the newest newbie to the oldest oldie.

We learn from each other, and build upon that. That is what a community is for, to teach and learn to help and support.

Again, thank you all for your nomination.

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One reason I hate polls like this is because it can suggest that one person contributes better to the Prelude community -- and we all know this isn't true, but it's hard to shake the feeling I'm sure.

Everybody on that list deserve to be up there without question. We have a badass team here on PreludePower no doubt and I congratulate everybody on that list.

Blah blah blah, great job guys and I love you all. Seriously. Love. You. All. srsly
All these guys contribute to PP.com, its hard to pick just one
The good thing is we get to do it again next year.

·
fis-tuppa-cop-sass
888 Posts
first let me pay my respects to the man who inspired this whole award… Johnathan Capp.

“I never knew you personally man, but your prelude setup from the Some very cool pictures of my summer build” thread was amazing. It was a huge inspiration to me and my build from the very beginning. You brought innovation, creativity, dedication, and plain old good taste to the community.I thank you sir, and let us not be sad, but happy to have known you as a person, or to have known you as turbonetics1…… It’s all good.”

Before I even mention what I did, the ones that basically made if possible for me to love my prelude to the fullest, while finding a passion within myself that has made a huge impact in my everyday life, are as follows…: (in no order of importance)

Mustardcat
– all I have to say is prelude3g.com, nothing would be as it is without this site… I am a former marine myself, so I know the trials and tribulations of being deployed.., especially during a time of national defence. I know how it is man… thanx

1funryd
- Sean my man.., you were, and are, the go-to guy for all that is needed for everything 3g and beyond.. your name is known throughout many forums.. plus you are one hell of a nice fella too.., I might add… thanx

To the rest of the nominees, we all know each other well through many threads and posts.. I have the upmost respect for all of you, and your individual expressions, and knowledge… this goes for everybody else too…, even you aaron, aka pdx88lude.. ‘holla’

I read the rules to this thread about only 3g and what not…, but I have to mention hjdanzi for his passion, and love for all he holds dear.. much respect for this man.., I consider him my mentor when it comes to tuning.. I would be damn proud, if any of my kids turned out to be as good hearted, and full of life as this man is…

Ok, as for me….. I don’t think it’s even about me…, my contributions are 100% due to the fact of the people before me who made it all possible… It’s my pleasure to offer anything I might know, to all who may seek.., it's the least I can do… and that’s being real.

and by the way.., my real name is Joe..., not ben_deez... gotta love the name though..

below is a link to all my pics.., for those who have some time.. lol

http://www.myspace.com/dohc22h/photos

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Thanks everybody for the nomination. I should have a solid contribution coming your alls way real soon. Sorry for the long hangup on the forums, life has been busy!

Its an honor to be nominated for the award, but there are a lot of other guys that have done a whole lot more. Good job everybody!

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everyone has spoken and they have voted for Mustard Cat to be the first Jonathan Capp's Award winner.

Congratulations Mustard Cat, you truly deserve this award as you have helped many luders. Your website contains priceless information and write ups covering all aspects of our cars. I am happy to see you receive this award.

Thanks for everyone's support and voting.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts