Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! I bought my 2001 base honda prelude about a year ago (July 18, 2008 and I wanted you all the check out what I have done to it in the past year. I have gotten a lot of great ideas and feedback through this site and thought I would share with you all what I have done. Hopefully to inspire and get some good feedback on what you guys think of her so far. Mostly everything has been cosmetic beside a few engine upgrades and some routine maintenance. I will post the pictures of it when I bought it and the progress to what it currently looks like! I own and operate a small car and limo detailing company in Raleigh, NC and am currently a Business Marketing major so I work on my prelude in my spare time, and love every minute of it. Although I have spent about $6,000 on mostly cosmetics and few engine upgrades, they are coming next :D Will be doing some powder coat work and engine upgrades next! Hope you all enjoy and don't forget to BUMP when you view! Thank you all!
SORRY FOR ALL THE PICS! I AM A MEMBER OF PO AS WELL AND STARTED THE THREAD THERE! GOT COUPLE THOUSAND HITS AND WANTED TO SHARE WITH PZ TOO! THANKS!

----Upgrades and fixes in a year----
ENGINE:
Neuspeed strut bar
Powder coating
AEM short ram intake system
Spoon Sports reservoir covers
Spoon oil cap
K&N intake filter
NGK Iridium IX plugs
NGK wires
Hytech header
8 lb Fidanza Flywheel
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
*A special Esposito full engine detailing* ;)

SUSPENSION AND WHEELS:
Front and rear ST sway bars
Tein S tech lowering springs
2006 Acura RSX type S wheels
Falken 512s
G2 Blue Brake Caliper Painting
Honda center caps

EXTERIOR:
Custom Satin Silver paint
3M 20% tint
LED conversion in headlights/bumperlights and license plate
Clay bar and Simoniz System 5 Protection
JDM fogs
Clear side markers
TSX Retrofits with E46 shrouds
LED parking light and side markers
Clear Turning signals
New DOHC VTEC Trunk Decal
OEM front lip
6000k HIDs in headlights and fog lights
INTERIOR AND ELECTRONICS:
Full Alarm w/ remote start and pager
LED conversion
Kenwood DNX5120 DVD/GPS/CD/MP3 7" Touch Screen In Dash
Kenwood Bluetooth Handsfree Phone setup
Rockford Wiring
Alpine Amp
Kicker 10" sub
Custom "deep dish" style chrome gauge rings (page 3)
Trunk LED light
Vinyls on trunk lid

****First pics I saw of it online before the purchase!*****

****Intake, JDM Fogs, Tint, Restore headlights,Clear Signals, Bulbs****

****Wheels, LEDs, Clear Corners****

****Calipers, Tein S techs, wood grain kit, indash dvd/gps, trunk vinyl****

****Front and Rear ST sway bars, painted sides and rear skirt, Photos JULY 2009 *ONE YEAR LATER****

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Simple, original, and extremely clean. Well done bro! Damn your going have to share some of your cleaning tips with us..lol
hey brother, ill trade you for that beautiful white lude you have! i love it man, thanks for the compliments, I own a detailing business and id be glad to share any and all tips with anyone who wants some! ive used and created a few products so I know what works well! thanks again!;)

·
Registered
715 Posts
hey brother, ill trade you for that beautiful white lude you have! i love it man, thanks for the compliments, I own a detailing business and id be glad to share any and all tips with anyone who wants some! ive used and created a few products so I know what works well! thanks again!;)
lol thanks, But i still have to admit you have one of the cleanest ludes ever! I spend hours and hours cleaning mine and its no where near urs. lol. Do u have any good tips for oxidation? What products are good and safe to use on ur paint?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol thanks, But i still have to admit you have one of the cleanest ludes ever! I spend hours and hours cleaning mine and its no where near urs. lol. Do u have any good tips for oxidation? What products are good and safe to use on ur paint?
here is part of a write up i did that works well if you dont know how to use a power polisher....
Use a polishing compound on heavily oxidized car finishes. Use a clay bar such as one made by Meguiar's to remove paint contaminants. Carefully apply a very small amount of polishing compound such as Meguiars No 2 Fine Cut Cleaner or Turtle Wax Premium Polishing Compound. Both are available in auto parts stores. Rub in a small area with a soft rag. Remove the compound with a soft terrycloth towel. may take a while, but well worth it!
--if you do know how to use a rotating polisher for cars, that is the best result, use a soft pad then a foam pad with a good compound!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what type of sway bars do you have?? im sorry if it was mentioned above...
its all good man, I have an Suspension Techniques sway kit, got it from CA for around 210$

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Looks immaculate.

I'm going to be super picky and say I don't like how the trim around the front sidemarker is color matched to the body. I think it makes it look like a cheap paint job was done. But it's hardly noticeable..

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks immaculate.

I'm going to be super picky and say I don't like how the trim around the front sidemarker is color matched to the body. I think it makes it look like a cheap paint job was done. But it's hardly noticeable..
I completely agree, i trusted a friend to paint them for me and they didnt come out like I wanted.....never trust friends to do work for you! lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
here is part of a write up i did that works well if you dont know how to use a power polisher....
Use a polishing compound on heavily oxidized car finishes. Use a clay bar such as one made by Meguiar's to remove paint contaminants. Carefully apply a very small amount of polishing compound such as Meguiars No 2 Fine Cut Cleaner or Turtle Wax Premium Polishing Compound. Both are available in auto parts stores. Rub in a small area with a soft rag. Remove the compound with a soft terrycloth towel. may take a while, but well worth it!
--if you do know how to use a rotating polisher for cars, that is the best result, use a soft pad then a foam pad with a good compound!
WOW thanks for the mini write-up. I will try this out when it warms up around here. What do you recommend for a good, but not too pricey, rotating polisher?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
^plus you can get those rubber fittings off of just about any accord or prelude 4th or 5th gen and they will fit! so just look around at some junkyards. The only think i would like to see on ur car is a little more aggressive drop... but thats just me!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW thanks for the mini write-up. I will try this out when it warms up around here. What do you recommend for a good, but not too pricey, rotating polisher?
black and decker at pep boys, great polisher and it is only 69$ i believe! wellllll worth the money, kind of hard to do though. I wouldn't recommend doing it without someone showing you the ropes first. you do it wrong and you can burn right through the clear coat.....badddd stuff. try the things I said first before that though, if that works then you wont have to buy a polisher brother...Im so glad i could help!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^plus you can get those rubber fittings off of just about any accord or prelude 4th or 5th gen and they will fit! so just look around at some junkyards. The only think i would like to see on ur car is a little more aggressive drop... but thats just me!
I know man. I only had enough for springs at the time, i reallllllly want to find some coilovers to hold steady when around town and then slam it for shows and pics. I want to find some fairly new ones for around 400-500.....If...im lucky

·
Registered
380 Posts
Looks good so far bro! I actually have those same blue LEDS in my front parking lights and side markers just like you have. They are cool. Welcome to the site!

1 - 20 of 272 Posts