Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the details of the car first I bought it 5 months ago brought it home which was a 5 hour drive then drove it for the next 3 months to school store home n repeat I came home from school parked it the following day went out to go to the store it cranked but did not start I checked for spark yes gas yes all fuses good then i was told that car is known for jumping time so i replaced the timing belt and balancer belt now originally before this it sounded like it cranked faster but after the install of belts its sounds like it is cranking right however it still wont start im at a loss for thoughts and options I have no clue what it can be from here. Please if anyone has had this problem with this year HELP ME OUT Thank You. additional info; 2001 HONDA PRELUDE VTEC MOTOR DOHC 2.2L H22A AUTOMATIC WITH THE SPORT SHIFTER THIS IS THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE HAD NO TRANNY ISSUES NOTHING ELSE. IF ANYONE IS IN OR AROUND THE FRESNO CA AREA I WILL WELCOME HELP OR CALL ME 5597246223

·
Super Moderator
6,449 Posts
out of curiosity wing is that good or bad if it does ?
It should only flash a couple times once the key is initially inserted. If it continues to flash, there is an issue with the key/immobilizer as it is not recognizing the chip within the key.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is the details of the car first I bought it 5 months ago brought it home which was a 5 hour drive then drove it for the next 3 months to school store home n repeat I came home from school parked it the following day went out to go to the store it cranked but did not start I checked for spark yes gas yes all fuses good then i was told that car is known for jumping time so i replaced the timing belt and balancer belt now originally before this it sounded like it cranked faster but after the install of belts its sounds like it is cranking right however it still wont start im at a loss for thoughts and options I have no clue what it can be from here. Please if anyone has had this problem with this year HELP ME OUT Thank You. additional info; 2001 HONDA PRELUDE VTEC MOTOR DOHC 2.2L H22A AUTOMATIC WITH THE SPORT SHIFTER THIS IS THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE HAD NO TRANNY ISSUES NOTHING ELSE. IF ANYONE IS IN OR AROUND THE FRESNO CA AREA I WILL WELCOME HELP OR CALL ME 5597246223
There is a sensor behind the harmonica balance pulley ( crankshaft pulley) I did ver similar changed crankshaft pulley timing belt water pump tensioners both belts come to find out it was the sensors behind the pulley. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a sensor behind the harmonica balance pulley ( crankshaft pulley) I did ver similar changed crankshaft pulley timing belt water pump tensioners both belts come to find out it was the sensors behind the pulley. Hope that helps.
i will check been busy tomorrow gonna give it another try Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I think I know what It was I did wrong all my other cars in the past have been 5 speed sticks this is the first automatic ive owned all prior mechanic work timing rebuilds etc. not a hitch so when i did the timing on the 01 prelude dumb me my brain went to default lol as if i was working on a stick so i lined it all up all marks except the flywheel thats the only mark that was not accounted for in the procedure so i went down checked it all out put the flywheel mark on point and im off about 1:30 instead of 12 o-clock TDC as it should be i will have to tear it all down again redo all the other marks line them up to the flywheel if that dont work its chopsaw time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts