Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally my 01 jumped time. New timing belt installed. New TPS, new lockout solenoid, new linear solenoid and brown and black transmission solenoids new. Got ir back after being timed stopped at gas station. Cranked it up fired immediately put it in drive and it killed the engine. Finally got it to move. Then it bogged down. Stuck in 3rd gear. Stopped let it sit. Transmission oil level is good. Started it up after 10 mins was all good. Then same thing bogged down and stuck in 3rd sport mode shifting does nothing. Now back to it won't start. Note: I never reset the ECU. Think that would solve the issue? Turns over but won't catch. Almost seems like it's out of time again... Giving me TPS code cant remember which one but it's not the typical common tps code. Barometric code, map sensor code... Idk.. Possibly bad ecu?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally my 01 jumped time. New timing belt installed. New TPS, new lockout solenoid, new linear solenoid and brown and black transmission solenoids new. Got ir back after being timed stopped at gas station. Cranked it up fired immediately put it in drive and it killed the engine. Finally got it to move. Then it bogged down. Stuck in 3rd gear. Stopped let it sit. Transmission oil level is good. Started it up after 10 mins was all good. Then same thing bogged down and stuck in 3rd sport mode shifting does nothing. Now back to it won't start. Note: I never reset the ECU. Think that would solve the issue? Turns over but won't catch. Almost seems like it's out of time again... Giving me TPS code cant remember which one but it's not the typical common tps code. Barometric code, map sensor code... Idk.. Possibly bad ecu?

·
Super Moderator
6,408 Posts
Speed sensor or the transmission is just shot.

Automatic Preludes are nothing but trouble. Pull the codes as far as the starting issue is concerned. Likely not starting because the transmission control module is telling the ecu it's in drive. But no way to really tell without proper codes and troubleshooting. Stop throwing parts at it and find a reputable mechanic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with Wing 8806... Find a reputable mechanic... I use a Honeywell Bluetooth OBD2 Diagnostic Tool I purchased from Amazon and it does a pretty good job of diagnosing any problems I have... Automatic transmission ludes are problematic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It slipped time again I suspect hydraulic tensioner. About to swap that since one came with a kit I ordered. I won a manual transmission bid for $400. Didn't expect to win that

·
Registered
57 Posts
There’s a lot more than just the transmission for the swap. Look up a guy called rompirate on here. Did an excellent write up on the swap. I used it when I did mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts