1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K guys i'm thinking about selling my 2000 Prelude with 78,xxx,
I'm thinking of getting me a 2008 Honda civic si , i know is going to
be real hard to sell my prelude, lots of memories, i want to hear
the good and bad of each car, should i get me a SI? lets hear it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
the 08 civic si is a great car and that is coming from someone that has never liked civics. The performance is very, very similar to your prelude. I would have to say that the benefit of getting the civic would be that you would have a much newer car that is probably in better condition with a nicer interior. I would say that the downside would be that you would be driving a much uglier and much, much less rare of a car.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I was going to trade in my 01 Prelude for the 08 Si four door... If it wasn't for the high insurance payments on the Si (higher than the Lude) I would have done it.

Bottom line is, the Prelude will always be a Prelude but the Si is JUST a Civic. Everyone has one so it's not as unique as the Prelude. If that's something that doesn't bother you then i say go for it, but I've had 4 Civic's and personally, I'm done with them. I am so glad that at the time of me wanting to get rid of my Lude, I decided not to.

But overall, the Si's are a nice come up from the Lude. More room, 6 speed, LSD, newer car in general. I can't get over the dash but the seats are nice and the optonal navi is cool.

In my opinion, unless your going for more room, I would buy an AP1 S2000. That's the only thing that will replace the Lude.

·
Registered
458 Posts
^X2 what todd said

civic is everybody's car i'll say that much lol
but interior sure looks nice

edit: u beat me iheartmyprelude lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't like the interior of the new Civic's.....They cockpit feels weird. I'm an oldschool honda guy......The feel of the Prelude is just right.

Not too much of a fan of any of the cockpit feels on any of the new honda's. The older cars have the dash lower and out of the way.....the new ones feel like your slumped down and have to look over the long dash to see out.

But thats just me.

If I was to get something newer....S2000....There going from 10k to 15k.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ohhh, and for got. My car....100k miles with Intake header and exhaust. Beat an 07 civic Si coupe with intake and exhaust.

1st and 2nd we were almost the same then once I went to third....I started pulling and pulling. Ended at 130mph in fourth with maybe 6 lengths.

My prelude still got it.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
i cant say that the prelude is better than the new 2008 Si...but that sure dont mean i would ever own one lol....in the end its a civic and i see atleast 5 on each street....

*oh look...one just drove behind me as i was typing this what a ka-winka dink

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I don't like the interior of the new Civic's.....They cockpit feels weird. I'm an oldschool honda guy......The feel of the Prelude is just right.

Not too much of a fan of any of the cockpit feels on any of the new honda's. The older cars have the dash lower and out of the way.....the new ones feel like your slumped down and have to look over the long dash to see out.

But thats just me.

If I was to get something newer....S2000....There going from 10k to 15k.
Amen, the windshield is so far from you it feels like your planning a video game. I had a 06 civic Si coupe for about a year and it was alright. The good thing about it, it "felt" fast. Bad thing was it really wasn't too fast and it was very VERY twitchy feeling especially at higher speeds; very light feeling bad end that felt like it wanted to snap if you lifted off the throttle in a corner, even if you did it slowly. Lets just say I had a choice to keep the Civic or Prelude and there is no longer a civic in my driveway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2000 prelude or 2008 Honda civic si

The only thing thats stoping me is the Dash.. and when u look at the speedometer it looks weird, i heard many opinions, but which one has more
power ...just stock?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thats the mcpherson strut design. Great for comfort, Cost, but will never be a double wishbone suspension.

Double wishbone is the greatest suspension setup imo. Thats why porsche, ferrari, etc use it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Power....Almost the same. Both weight are almost the same.....The coupe Si to prelude almost same wheelbase and size.....Just the prelude has lower height.

The trannies are awesome on the Si's and the k20 make more power with simple mods.

But the prelude has the original Honda Feel. Also has the original Honda look.

The new civic's look almost like a Euro design. The prelude has japanese car writen all over it. Which I like.

·
Danny D's second in Command
4,157 Posts
stay with the lude, its more unique. The civic is going to get old because theyre going to keep making more generations so NEW 08 etc. can only remain new so long because it will quickly be changed in the upcoming years.

idk thats just my opinion and power wise its not a whole lot different.
I have lost to one and beaten one.
And was pretty tied up with another one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would still like to get a 99 Civic si in the cool blue color and mod it. Loved that one for some reason.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i wouldn't, your prelude is still young and looks way nicer than any civic. i think the civics a little faster and might get better gas mileage though right?

·
Registered
198 Posts
They say the prelude might make a comeback, my guess would be theyre not going to even though ive seen pics and stuff, anything can be done on photoshop. Heres the thing, unfortunately the prelude is not made anymore and the 5th gen is def one of the best eras for a lude, and i was in the same boat as u, take a loan out on an 06 07 civic si or save up enough for the lude no loan, nuthin. So i got myself a lude and u know whats better about a lude? you can say you have one and u still do and they are harddd to find depending on where u look. Or you can say i got a civic si and be almost like anyone else who ever got a civic which in the next ten years this will be the next crx kinda deal ricccceyyyy, at least for all the wannabes who try and do theyre cars, Honestly dude PRELUDE is more of a head turner for people who know and dont know cars if its clean and done right. be smart, stick with a lude.

·
Registered
763 Posts
no, keep the Lude. unless you feel the need to jump on the K20 bandwagon. In that case, get an RSX-S.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts