Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, yet another Honda virgin weaseling himself onto the site, however; I don't have basic ass questions to ask so please don't crucify me <3. Also, I have tried doing some research on these issues, but couldn't find a quite matching set of issues to go off of, so I figured why not get some fresh opinions assuming this site is still alive.
As the title states, I've got a couple issues with a 5th gen Prelude I've bought from an asshat recently. Here's what's going down:

Starting Issue:
When it comes to starting the car fresh after it hasn't been running for a day or so, one of two situations is happening, with the second being first noticed by me the other day.
1. When trying to start the car, turning the key will of course turn on the electronics suite and prime the fuel pump like normal, but when I turn the key to start the car, the engine will gladly crank all day, but will not fire up. Once I turn the key all the way off and to the position to remove the key from the ignition, then try starting the car after that, the car starts right up no problem.

2. Again, when it comes to getting the car started, turning the key to on will do all of it's glorious magic as normal. Dash lights, fuel pump priming, etc. But this time, when turning the key to START, nothing happens. At all. Dead silence, aside from the clicking in the dashboard from whatever relay when putting the key in the start position. In order to start the car this time, the key needs to come all the way back out and I have to try again, and the car does start up without issue the second attempt.

Knock Sensor Issue:
When barely engaging VTEC, in the 4k RPM range, the CEL comes on and when scanning for codes, it's throwing a Knock Sensor Code (P0325). I'm assuming this just means the knock sensor isn't working as it should, but doesn't hurt to get feedback from more experienced Prelude owners.

Since I've gotten the car, it hasn't been driven much, and when I do drive it, I do not live in VTEC. I drive like a moderate pusc, VA sucks with cops and state troopers everywhere and I'm not trying to have my insurance shit on me for a ticket XD. Still trying to get it registered up and plated with all the DMV delays thanks to da 'roner.

·
Administrator
6,514 Posts
You likely need an ignition switch, common issue and easy fix.

Inspect the knock sensor carefully, see if it has been glued back together or by chance barely hanging together. Hopefully you don't actually have any form of internal engine knock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts