Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90' white honda prelude with a 2.0 two barrel carb in it. i love the car but it is a real drag to crank on cold mornings. I was wondering if it was possible to either convert the motor to fuel injection or do a motor swap. what would be the most in expensive swap i could do that might even work with my exsisting trans (automatic). I have been thinking of swaping to a manual trans because of the advice of past threads. Could someone let me know?

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
I have a 90' white honda prelude with a 2.0 two barrel carb in it. i love the car but it is a real drag to crank on cold mornings. I was wondering if it was possible to either convert the motor to fuel injection or do a motor swap. what would be the most in expensive swap i could do that might even work with my exsisting trans (automatic). I have been thinking of swaping to a manual trans because of the advice of past threads. Could someone let me know?
there is already a thread that contains the info you want. you can also go to prelude3g.com, and there is a step by step on what is involved in the swap. but the long and short is that you have to get a complete (interior/engine)wiring harness, and an si fuel tank and pump with high pressure fuel line and a donor motor or at least the head intake and exhaust manifold. don't forget the vacuum control unit on the firewall too. i am half way through this swap, and so far its not that bad. i can't seem to find an si fuel tank, so for right now i have just swapped fuel pumps.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
there is already a thread that contains the info you want. you can also go to prelude3g.com, and there is a step by step on what is involved in the swap. but the long and short is that you have to get a complete (interior/engine)wiring harness, and an si fuel tank and pump with high pressure fuel line and a donor motor or at least the head intake and exhaust manifold. don't forget the vacuum control unit on the firewall too. i am half way through this swap, and so far its not that bad. i can't seem to find an si fuel tank, so for right now i have just swapped fuel pumps.
and welcome to the forum. i too am new, but pretty great people in here. also be sure to read the "sticky" info so you don't stick your foot in your mouth. lol j/k

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks yo!!!

Thanks yo. You think that down here in the dirty south there wouldn't be many preludes but they are here hidden in people's fields and back yards. Some folks don't even know the treasures that they posses. They are too worried about 350's and 5.0's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes this has been covered in depth before. Use the search function on the site and you will be flame free. Good luck on your car, and post up some pictures of your S model.
Thanks yo. You think that down here in the dirty south there wouldn't be many preludes but they are here hidden in people's fields and back yards. Some folks don't even know the treasures that they posses. They are too worried about 350's and 5.0's.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
do they have fuel tanks??? j/k i will find one locally sooner or later. gotta wife, so buying another one is out of the question at the moment, but she will fold eventually. i just have to be real nice in the mean time. haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts