Honda Prelude Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Sean, im interested in this, but you havent replied any of my pms in the last few months, i have a few questions about it but i want it
Sorry bro, that is why I keep telling everyone to email me because I have to delete my inbox when it gets too full.

Pms are not good for keeping track of conversations with me, email is.

Email me at: [email protected]

Sean

·
Premium Member
16,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Just did another line for one of the members, and bumping this back to the top for those who are not aware I make replacement lines for your leaky OEM ones.

My line is custom made and will almost never need to be replaced, and is much easier to install and remove should you need to work on your motor.

I make them for both the B20/21 and H22/23 swaps.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Fabricate or bend hard line?

Hey SEAN, did you have to fabricate or bend anything on the hard line coming out of the rack for the 88 Prelude B20? Picture looks like the hard line from the rack with the sensor is OEM. Just wondering b/c I'm considering having fittings made to replace my leaky P/S hose.

Also, what would be a good temp fix for that rubber hose above the header that is notorious for leaking, which mine is doing.

:smilejap:

·
Premium Member
16,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hey SEAN, did you have to fabricate or bend anything on the hard line coming out of the rack for the 88 Prelude B20? Picture looks like the hard line from the rack with the sensor is OEM. Just wondering b/c I'm considering having fittings made to replace my leaky P/S hose.

Also, what would be a good temp fix for that rubber hose above the header that is notorious for leaking, which mine is doing.

No temp fix, bro just replace the entire line.

I will not recommend anyone try to just do a temp fix unless of coarse you do mind starting a fire in your engine compartment on the freeway...

Yes I reuse the OEM hardline and fabricate the OEM sensor to use a new screw on fitting that will allow for ease of removal for working on the motor or replacing.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sean, been over a year now since your last group buy for the powersteering line. How about another 5 member group buy now? You could put me down first on the list.

·
Registered
710 Posts
BUMP...b/c I am in need of this powersteering re-route kit.

SEAN, are you still having these made and selling them???

·
Premium Member
16,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
BUMP...b/c I am in need of this powersteering re-route kit.

SEAN, are you still having these made and selling them???

Yes, the details are in my Vendor Forum on the bottom of the front page of pp.com.

Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
428 Posts
bump and i have placed an order for mine. you new guys should jump on this to

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I realize on my part I was bit naive and just wanted to get this line in. But for just over $200 I would thought it would of been painted if needed. If I missed this somewhere then my bad. I installed the line with hardline about a month ago. Fortunetly I have not filled the ps fluid yet due to lazyness and extreme heat and humidity. Like 70% - 90% humidity. Also my brother was here for a week and there was a lot of prep to get ready for his visit. I digress, in just a months time with no use the entire hardline is covered in rust. I removed several hoses going to the ps tank and cooler and need to remove two from/at the cooler then will order gates bulk hose from rockauto as local o'reilly's does not carry gates ps return line hose in bulk and is twice the price. So far all hoses involving the ps tank and coller a 3/8" ID gates ps hose return by the foot will work with gates unicoil anti kink spring/spine product. One hose going to the cooler is $45 online plus shipping. The same hose is about $67 at the stealership.

Why I posted this primarily is that the hardline looked beautiful and now looks like crap with all the surface rust.

·
Premium Member
16,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
I realize on my part I was bit naive and just wanted to get this line in. But for just over $200 I would thought it would of been painted if needed. If I missed this somewhere then my bad. I installed the line with hardline about a month ago. Fortunetly I have not filled the ps fluid yet due to lazyness and extreme heat and humidity. Like 70% - 90% humidity. Also my brother was here for a week and there was a lot of prep to get ready for his visit. I digress, in just a months time with no use the entire hardline is covered in rust. I removed several hoses going to the ps tank and cooler and need to remove two from/at the cooler then will order gates bulk hose from rockauto as local o'reilly's does not carry gates ps return line hose in bulk and is twice the price. So far all hoses involving the ps tank and coller a 3/8" ID gates ps hose return by the foot will work with gates unicoil anti kink spring/spine product. One hose going to the cooler is $45 online plus shipping. The same hose is about $67 at the stealership.

Why I posted this primarily is that the hardline looked beautiful and now looks like crap with all the surface rust.
Kevin I have told everyone that this line is steel and thus is still subject to rust, all that needs to be done to renew the shine is a wire brush on a drill or one of those bench grinders with a stone on one side and wire wheel on the other.

If you want to keep it from rusting that is entirely up to you, I do not coat these hard lines as it is something is too costly on my end to do, and if anyone wants it coated, its going to increase my price significantly.

A lot of labor goes into my design, and it is completely custom, the light brushed finish I do on the hard line will last for a while, but I leave it to the customer to put whatever finish they want on it.

I can also offer this line in a Stainless Steel version but will increase the price again. I have brought down the price to my acceptable level of work, travel time, gas and man hours. Its as low as it will go with the quality of work put into this.

My lines will not fail, asthetics are something that I do not offer because price wise its not feasable for me or the customer. With all the modifying we do to our ludes, I am pretty sure you and everyone else can paint that little piece of line to whatever you desire.

If it was made in stainless steel line, then you would still have to take it off and polish it just like the line you have now.

Once you brush off the surface rust, you can paint it with high temp clear to keep it looking nice for a longer period of time or powerder coat it in a chrome finish to keep it lasting forever.

·
Registered
428 Posts
sean i am so sry i havent posted pics yet i will get on it soon

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
If you said that the line was prone to rust I missed it. I will take it off and clean the rust off and paint it and it will be good. I am not mad that it wasn't painted just would of preferred to know I needed to paint it before installing it. Sorry if I came off harsh. I too will get picks. It might be a little easier now. The humidity is less and the temp is less. I took pics before but the camera lense kept fogging over and as a result none of them were very clear.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Cuda, I used some MOTHERS Mag and aluminum polish. It's still all shiny and new looking. MOTHERS Mag and aluminum polish is supposed to polish and "protect".

I like the design and setup of the re-route line, but I don't think I will be able to tolerate the whine much longer while turning. Always sounds like you're running out of P/S fluid. I think I'm going to try the restrictor method taken from the old line, to eliminate the irritating whine.

Here's some pics:

·
Premium Member
16,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Bump for newbies who were unaware of the new replacement line for the old OEM setup.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts