Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah, I do not blame the cops for not responding or doing anything for broke in cars, I never really did. I just prefer that when I take actions into my own hands they also stay out of my way....lol!!!

I have two doors already, but they need to be stripped and painted and the door locks need to be rekeyed for my current key.
I am waiting on one of my friends to finish getting his car lift up and running so we can tackle this project and I can get my car closed up and working again so I can drive it.
Its just super annoying and costly to keep fixing stuff like this. Uuuugggghhhhh!!!!

·
Registered
1989 Accord LXi Coupe; 1989 Prelude 2.0s; 1964 Dodge Dart GT: 1993 Kawasaki ZX-11; 1982 Honda CB900
337 Posts
Sounds like a plan...... maybe we will finally figure out how to change the lock in the door handle this time around :rolleyes::whistle::):):)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Sorry to hear about this... seems like the only way to stop ghetto attacks like this is to garage it with an alarm and CCTV... which is getting cheaper depending on where you live...

Reactions: tjcross

·
Premium Member
16,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry to hear about this... seems like the only way to stop ghetto attacks like this is to garage it with an alarm and CCTV... which is getting cheaper depending on where you live...
Yeah unfortunately the issue is that no one is staying away at the time that these attacks occur even me. Even if the camera catches them, unless they are easy to run down, the cops do not care about this.

And since I live in a condo but rent it, the owner has no responsibility to protect his tenants cars. Better light, CCTV cameras and a security presense is the only thing that prevents attacks like this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Prelude was broken into year after year until I got a steering wheel lock. It hasn't been touched since.

In my opinion, I don't think the thief wanted to steel your car. I think he was out searching to steel coins or something for his pot habit. If he was wanted to steel your car then he wouldn't have smashed your window - you can't drive around with a smashed window.

The thief is an amateur, he went at the lock from the top. A flat head screw driver rammed into the lock and a hard turn is all that is needed to open these shitty 80's locks. I have had it done to my car, twice. He failed at the ignition though, Honda got that one right!

Your damage sucks, but there is a lot of people who went to bed in the 1990's and woke up to never seeing their Prelude again; think about it, so for what it's worth, you are still lucky. :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts