Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January 09th, 2021 between 11:46pm and 7:00am January 10th.

We heard my alarm go off at 11:46pm and went outside with my weapon and my son behind me looked around went around the car, all good. Battery was dying, but alarm was working.

Later on went too sleep, the theives came back later on inbetween that time and tried again, this time no one came out cause we were all dead asleep.
Did no even think to check the car until I had to go run an errand at 2:11pm that same day.

And then my son walked up to this....

So I had comprehensive coverage, thanks to my wife, but the insurance company only paid out $1770.
Cost too fix was $3000.

I am so pissed!!! All that hardwork...

:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4ws, 1990 Honda Prelude Si 4ws, etc.
795 Posts
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:......Dis GUST ted. Fucking pricks....is anything missing? Looks like your stereo is still there, so I'm wondering what they wanted so badly?

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:......Dis GUST ted. Fucking pricks....is anything missing? Looks like your stereo is still there, so I'm wondering what they wanted so badly?
You know that they wanted the car because they took nothing, but I do not leave anything in the car anyways.
The stereo is a cheap Kenwood old unit, came with the car, was going to replace it at a later date.

Now, I am trying to find a replacement chassis because while I can fix the car, I have to weigh out the cost to do that vs purchasing another rolling or driveable chassis and transfer everything over.
But my budget is limited so I do not know.

·
Registered
1989 Accord LXi Coupe; 1989 Prelude 2.0s; 1964 Dodge Dart GT: 1993 Kawasaki ZX-11; 1982 Honda CB900
338 Posts
UGH!! Sean, I am Soooo Sorry. Thats 2 in 2 days. WTF were they trying to steal anyway, looks like the stereo isnt even touched. Oh, the car...... shit!! it was parked outside?

Ill keep my eye out Sean, if I see or hear of any parts Ill link u up. But Im sure we can find 2 Red Doors somewhere for less then $3000 Jebus Jimmeny!!

Then maybe we will find out how to swap out those key locks lol

Red 89 Prelude in Burnaby $1000 looks like two nice pretty red doors with wheels. You could get it for $800 Im sure of it

·
Registered
1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4ws, 1990 Honda Prelude Si 4ws, etc.
795 Posts
I'd offer you mine from my soon-to-be parts car....but you wouldn't want to pay for shipping from Iowa, and I haven't looked at the bottom of the doors recently - I'm sure there is at least a little bit of rust - It's an Iowa car, and the rockers look terrible, so it stands to reason the doors are also suffering a little. Also, the driver side seatbelt is messed up and the inertia lock frequently gets stuck and I can't buckle the belt, which is another reason it's not getting driven often. Blaine got you a nice link there! It'd be worth every penny of that.

Reactions: Blainethemono

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Jesus Christ... why did they reef on the door if they were going to break a window anyway? What a stupid ass thing to do. Sorry this happened to you, man. That sucks all around.

We had our company vehicle broken into two years ago, the idiot who borrowed the truck last forgot to lock it so the thing was wide open. Stupid thieves destroyed the ignition, steering column, and half the wiring under the hood trying to get it to move. Since they failed miserably, they decided that bashing the windshield and kicking a door in was reasonable to follow up with.

The fucking lowest of the low, spiteful thieves.

·
Registered
2 Posts

We heard my alarm go off at 11:46pm and went outside with my weapon and my son behind me looked around went around the car, all good. Battery was dying, but alarm was working.

Later on went too sleep, the theives came back later on inbetween that time and tried again, this time no one came out cause we were all dead asleep.
Did no even think to check the car until I had to go run an errand at 2:11pm that same day.

And then my son walked up to this.... View attachment 28675

View attachment 28676

View attachment 28677

View attachment 28678

View attachment 28679

View attachment 28680

View attachment 28681

So I had comprehensive coverage, thanks to my wife, but the insurance company only paid out $1770.
Cost too fix was $3000.

I'm so sorry that happened to you bro. I've had my share of theft. i know exactly how that feels.
with that said, why are you looking too buy a new lude? looks like you may need some body work on that door. perhaps buy a new door. new window. how is this a total lost?

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
That's bogus, man. I hope the pieces of shit who did this get caught and royally anally annihilated forever. It takes a real scumfuck to do something like this.

Reactions: tjcross

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's bogus, man. I hope the pieces of shit who did this get caught and royally anally annihilated forever. It takes a real scumfuck to do something like this.
Hey Tuna!!! been a while.

Thanks to luda8890 I got two doors with handles. Have to transfer all working parts over from the old doors and get painted. But another lude came up for sale in the area and seems clean but its non 4WS so it means more work for me and MustardCat.

I am still debating which route to take because removing the doors would be easier and then using the insurance money I can repaint the entire car.

Or get the other lude for sale and transfer everything over??? I will have to see the car in person to make that decision. But then requires taking apart two ludes...sigh I am no spring chicken...lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
That just blows. You wonder if it was targeted, since your car is not screaming for attention besides being red. Were there any visible finger prints that you've unveil?

I've had my Miata broken into a few times; in the end I just learned to put a steering wheel "club" on, leave the interior completely spartan, and the doors unlocked. Just don't keep slicing the soft top.

·
Registered
70 Posts

And then my son walked up to this.... View attachment 28675

View attachment 28676

View attachment 28677

View attachment 28678

View attachment 28679

View attachment 28680

View attachment 28681

Cost too fix was $3000.

Some real low-life POSes! Sorry to see what they did to your car. Hope they did not F/U the ignition system - the rest is fixable with some time and $$$. Good thing though that you did not catch them in the act with a weapon - that would have been a nightmare for you even if you managed to stop them - if they were brazen enough to come back, who knows what they might have been carrying as well! Then there is the Use of deadly force and all that b.s.! Your legal costs would probably be several car's worth. Hope there is no next time, but I would suggest calling the cops on the creeps.

Good Luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
For what it's worth, I had my first car a Firebird Formula stolen and totally wrecked by some lowlifes - they tried to get at the stereo and were unable to do so, so they torched it - became a true Firebird! But I can fully appreciate the rage from having this happen to you!

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
... but I would suggest calling the cops on the creeps.

Good Luck
I live in King County just south of Seattle, so calling the cops for this is really not an option. They have told me before when I had my yellow lude broke into, that there is nothing they can do. Car thefts are not a priority. Imagine their focus now since Seattle is one of the core cities and countys are pushing this stupid Defund the police policy. Which by the way has been approved by the City council.

No unfortunately, living where I am, I have no real recourse. smh 😞

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to hear of your woes man. Happened to me 2 years ago. Fortunately they didn't break the window, but the door lock/handle on the drivers side was pried up. Got the same story from the police. Not a priority. Happy you founda solution though. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry to hear of your woes man. Happened to me 2 years ago. Fortunately they didn't break the window, but the door lock/handle on the drivers side was pried up. Got the same story from the police. Not a priority. Happy you founda solution though. Good luck.
Thanks.

The car is just sitting for now until I can get it up to the shop to work on it.
Hopefully within the next 2 months

·
Registered
1989 Accord LXi Coupe; 1989 Prelude 2.0s; 1964 Dodge Dart GT: 1993 Kawasaki ZX-11; 1982 Honda CB900
338 Posts
I live in King County just south of Seattle, so calling the cops for this is really not an option. They have told me before when I had my yellow lude broke into, that there is nothing they can do. Car thefts are not a priority. Imagine their focus now since Seattle is one of the core cities and countys are pushing this stupid Defund the police policy. Which by the way has been approved by the City council.

No unfortunately, living where I am, I have no real recourse. smh 😞

Sean, they didnt give a shit about your car break in BEFORE the Defund the Police movement, so its not that. Defund the Police wouldnt affect Police involvement in a car break in one way or the other, 3 years ago or now. IMHO, They still wouldnt give a shit. :) They just really DO have other priorities, and the movement is to reallocate funds away from a militaristic style Police Force, which is never a good idea to have in Polite Society, and to one more responsive to the needs of the PEOPLE who pay their salaries. I support the Cops, but not rogue officers who cannot be prosecuted for violating laws the we ourselves are expected to follow. So more Civilian oversight is needed and oversight with TEETH to fire/Prosecute rogue Officers, and to make sure those officers never serve in Law Enforcement again.

Ok, Ill put my soap box away now .

Are you going to just buy new doors or what?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Word. I couldn't trust the cops to give a shit about something like that either, Defund the police or otherwise. They already feel like this kind of stuff is a nuisance, not really their job, and a waste of their resources. However, when someone spray-painted a BLM logo on the giant pretentious Trump mural downtown last year, they sure didn't balk about putting resources into finding out who did that. It was pretty clear where their priorities are and always have been. A car owned by an average citizen got broken into...Window got broken out in the middle of winter, and the car can't be driven anymore? Go piss up a rope. If we get to it, we get to it. Someone graffitied a building that a local landlord had an ostentatious mural of Trump painted on, but otherwise didn't hurt anyone? Gotta get on that right away. Since they're a property owner who pulls in $150k+, they're important and we can't waste time!:rolleyes::mad:

Reactions: Blainethemono
1 - 20 of 25 Posts