Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am opening up a group buy to get a bolt up Flushmount Rear wing to replace the OE style ones or to add to the Preludes that did not come with a factory wing.

I am checking for serious interest.
Please add your name to the list if you are serious about wanting to get this made and to purchase one.

Group Buy Price: $325 + shipping + paypal fees
Deposit: $160 - Non Refundable

Retail will be: $400

Below is the aftmarket one, it will be slightly tweaked to go all the way across and some minor adjustments here and there to go with our bodylines.

Group Buy Members:
1. Jdm3genprelude - information recieved
2. Feral - information recieved
3. ludeman69 - information recieved
4. 91PreludeJunkie - Deposit paid - 11-20-16
5. (Open)

Details:

Please email the following:

PP.com ID:
Full Name:
Address:
Phone:
Paypal Email:

Email it to: [email protected]

Drop outs:
1. Daugaard - information recieved
5. Xiao_Hu
5. Jules' White'nBlack - pending information

And for those who are wanting in on this project, please forward the following contact information so I can get a hold of you asap once we reach the number we need.
The biggest issue with new projects is getting a hold of members to make their deposts.

I am starting this thread to generate real serious interest.
Since these particular products are more expensive I am starting early on generating demand.

Sean

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Is this a feeler thread or an official group buy? I'm interested but it depends on the price. I won't commit without knowing how much it will cost. Also, will this use the existing mounting holes for the stock wing?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Unfortunately, that's the only picture known to this forum other than one from an old catalog. I won't even link to that because, as Sean said, the finished product will be changed a bit.

You guys maybe should mention what year your car is when stating interest, as the 88-89 and 90-91 versions will have to be slightly different.

I also wanted to say I hoped it would use the stock holes so we can swap back and forth. :)

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will use OE holes.

Price is not yet determined as we need to evaluate the cost and also the demand.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
It will use OE holes.
Then you're planning to have two versions of this? Because as you know (and was already mentioned), 88/89 wings are different than 90/91 wings. The mounting locations are also different.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Then you're planning to have two versions of this? Because as you know (and was already mentioned), 88/89 wings are different than 90/91 wings. The mounting locations are also different.
Aren't there also two different designs for each model? So that'd be four versions.
I know my 88/89s have had different OEM wings.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Aren't there also two different designs for each model? So that'd be four versions.
I know my 88/89s have had different OEM wings.
That's true but I can't confirm that the mounting provisions were different. Were the mounting holes different on the different versions of 88/89 wings you owned?

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm very interested in this. Would love to see it happen.Obvioously can't say i would buy it for sure though, that would depend on price
I need real support not what if's.
Been doing this way to long to hear that kind of response.

The design will be universal for all versions, the only difference will be the mounting holes.

88-89 have 3 points
90-91 have 4 points

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
So you're saying a design that fits the more-curved trailing edge of the 90 trunklid will also fit the less-curved 89 trunklid without a visible gap at the back bottom edge?

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
That's true but I can't confirm that the mounting provisions were different. Were the mounting holes different on the different versions of 88/89 wings you owned?
Yes, in fact I believe I've had 4 (2 of each model) all with different mounts in the centre. I've had 3 and 4 mount versions on each.
Might depend on having a a brake light in them.. not sure on that right now.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts