Honda Prelude Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you sell a complete kit? If so, how much? Im extremely interested. I use to have a 3rd gen as my first car in HS. My dream was always to swap it but really wanted something awd. Looking for a weekend car and swapping a 3g is an ideal solution.

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Do you sell a complete kit? If so, how much? Im extremely interested. I use to have a 3rd gen as my first car in HS. My dream was always to swap it but really wanted something awd. Looking for a weekend car and swapping a 3g is an ideal solution.
I sell the swap kit to drop the B20b and all B series swaps into the car retail already.
The transmission mount is different for the AWD CRV transmission. Its custom as is the entire system since its a niche swap.
I sell the hubs for the rear, and will be selling the subframe too hold the rear diff and 4WS rear rack.

Its not complete yet, as we are still doing the R&D, but we have accomplished a lot over the years.
Since I am doing this on my own, progress is slower but when real demand pops up then I can move it a little fast because money will have to be put up front.

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
S1 Built should do a 3rd gen AWD setup.They will be doing a 5th gen AWD
They already know about the 3rd gen, but no one is able to get them a 4WS chassis to them as of yet.
But I have been working this for years so its pretty much already done.

We are a Niche market so its not like this is a big demand.

Besides we do not need new custom trailing arms and hubs since the our chassis are all premade for 4WS systems.
The S1Built systems would be fixed AWD vs my current system which only requires the new hubs and some minor suspension replacements and then the driveshaft measuring and my custom subframe.

Because we have 4WS partially built into our suspension going AWD is a little bit easier.
The big issue is the engine mounts and what engine to use.

My system would primarly be for B20b/z systems for ease of installation.
Going Kswap is just way too expensive and too much modification for ground clearance and hood clearance.

B-Series swap with the 97-01 CRV AWD platform is the most sensible, now some may decide to go Kswap and do cutting but my systems will maintain the stock look of the hood while allowing AWD.

But like I said, there is really a super small market for AWD in our community because most just want drop in easy parts that is affordable like the H22/23 swap or the B16/18/20 vtec swaps.

AWD is just another feather in the cap to complete our aftermarket.
Its still moving along just at a slow pace until more real demand starts to pick up.

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Started the testing for the B-Series AWD setup.

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
We got the rear hubs sorted out as well as the suspension.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sell the swap kit to drop the B20b and all B series swaps into the car retail already.
The transmission mount is different for the AWD CRV transmission. Its custom as is the entire system since its a niche swap.
I sell the hubs for the rear, and will be selling the subframe too hold the rear diff and 4WS rear rack.

Its not complete yet, as we are still doing the R&D, but we have accomplished a lot over the years.
Since I am doing this on my own, progress is slower but when real demand pops up then I can move it a little fast because money will have to be put up front.
do you have a website that shows the kit as a whole? Is it all bolt in or is there welding required? Is h/f2b awd possible? Or does the kit not accommodate that?

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
do you have a website that shows the kit as a whole? Is it all bolt in or is there welding required? Is h/f2b awd possible? Or does the kit not accommodate that?
Yes I have a website, but its not on there.
The AWD kit is not complete. There is not that much interest into making this kit so I am taking my time with it.
But once I complete it, it will be offered in a group buy vs retail as retail will be pretty pricey.

My site: www.1funryd.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I have a website, but its not on there.
The AWD kit is not complete. There is not that much interest into making this kit so I am taking my time with it.
But once I complete it, it will be offered in a group buy vs retail as retail will be pretty pricey.

My site: www.1funryd.com
What do you estimate the 2 prices would be?
And would h or f to be trans and drivetrain be possible?

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
What do you estimate the 2 prices would be?
And would h or f to be trans and drivetrain be possible?
Since this will be based off a B-Series CRV platform, the rear subframe and transmission mount and T-Bracket will work with the 97-01 CRV transmission.
So an H2B setup will be possible.

I already did a one off H2B swap kit for a customer, but that was only one and I did not like the amount of work it took to make it work.
Link: 1FunRyd - H2B swap kit for 88-91 Preludes

I would recommend sticking to the B-Series AWD for now, but if I get the Kswap kit done then we shall see about the newer CRV platform for the AWD.

Just too much work for no return on my part and really not that much interest in going AWD for our chassis these days.

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Update:

There is movement on the AWD kit.
This is the 2WS model, and my 4WS model will be coming up this weekend to test fit and make adjustments to the mounts for 4WS models.

I am very excited to make this happen, and I have a rough estimate of pricing.
Estimate pricing for the kit group buy price is between: $700-$950 (this is for the AWD mounts only, not the B-Series swap kit which will be a separate cost.) + shipping and paypal fees.
I have not locked down the pricing yet due to having to figure in other material costs, powdercoating and hardware.
Unfortunately we are all seeing the prices for all material and supplies raise due to inflation. So I will try my best to keep it as reasonable as possible.

I will be opening up a group buy for the kits with (5) group buy, buy-in.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts