Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After years of working in the background and toward this we have finally achieved the ultimate goal of making our Chassis All Wheel Drive.

The kit will consist of the swap mounts, subframe and rear hubs and some hardware.
**Note: My standard B-Series FWD kit requires a replacement transmission mount and modified rear mount, so it is not a straight plug and play.
All customers will get the information on what we used to make this a viable swap.

I am offering this as a small group buy as it is a pricey kit.
This kit will be for the standard B20b/z or B20vtec setup. We are currently running the system as it was intended from Honda. If you are power hungry addict, please not we have not tested this system past what we already have hooked up to it which is a B20vtec which is averaging around 170whp.
It is always recommended that you should apply more power, to upgrade all internals, rear diff, and transfer case. Its been documented that the stock Honda AWD system can only handle around 200whp. Anything past that is not known to be reliable.
It will also be for 4WS models, so even non 4WS models can use this kit as well.

The kit can be used in Front wheel Drive configuration which means you can use the AWD transmission without the rear shaft being hooked up. The rear hubs can be pressed in like normal but require you purchase the stubbies from S1Built who already specializes in the AWD for other Hondas.

The difference in my kit is it is specific to keeping our 4WS system which is one of the greatest technologies of the time and still is the most reliable unit on the automotive history.

We will be offering the intial group buy to 5 members for now and depending on demand, we can always run another small group buy.

So without further adue, lets get this going!!!

1FunRyd AWD swap kit Group Buy cost: $2200
**Retail: $2700

Shipping estimate: $150
Plus paypal fees.

Group Buy Requirments:
1. Please send me an email in the following format:
Subject: Member complete name: 88-91 Prelude AWD kit Group Buy

Body:

Full name:
Complete Address:
Phone:
Paypal email:

2. Deposits will be required to join. Deposit amount will be: $1000
3. Shipping is estimated to be: $150 - if the kit dimensions and weight go over, I will inform each and every member of their amounts. (*The shipping is an estimate, so it may change.)

Group Members:
1. Tanner Stakley
2. Killian Godard
3. Wilson Dunsford - 11-29-22
4. Ezekiel Sena - Deposit made - 11-29-22
5. Max Johnson - Deposit made - 11-29-22

Sean Tydingco
10605 SE 240th ST #455
Kent WA 98031
(206)304.4095
Email: [email protected]

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Vehicle Auto part

Running videos - http://instagr.am/p/Ck13nE4v6A7/

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I knew of this 3 weeks ago when I had money to spend! But im going to try and either get in on this or watch closely.

So no B21 or autos?
No autos or B21.
This is strictly for B20b/z or B16/18 blocks.

·
Registered
1991 Honda Prelude Si ALB
132 Posts
Looks cool! Sadly I don’t have that much money since I am 15 but I would rather have fwd anyway.

Good luck on the sales!

·
Super Moderator
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks cool! Sadly I don’t have that much money since I am 15 but I would rather have fwd anyway.

Good luck on the sales!
Well you better save all your pennies, cause at some point you will have to choose to swap or keep supporting the dead engine platform.

·
Super Moderator
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I keep getting questions about those who are already H22 swapped or want to go with H22 swap. The AWD H22 Billet Housing is R&Ded tested and produced. It is available and for sale. This is what all H/F series guys will have to go through to become AWD which will allow you to go AWD with my AWD kit. Here is the video of what you will have to get to become an H22/F20b/22/23 platform to become AWD. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2rzD4nglcA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welp this has got me interested. I've been working on A2B Transmission swap for my 3geez accord(yes I know not the same) and I have been stuck on the rear side of things to make awd happen. I'm wondering how hard it be to modify this kit to fit my chassis. :unsure:

·
Registered
1991 Honda Prelude Si ALB
132 Posts
Well you better save all your pennies, cause at some point you will have to choose to swap or keep supporting the dead engine platform.
No I was just saying I don’t want awd. But I do want to swap over to a h22 or b20vtec someday.

·
Super Moderator
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welp this has got me interested. I've been working on A2B Transmission swap for my 3geez accord(yes I know not the same) and I have been stuck on the rear side of things to make awd happen. I'm wondering how hard it be to modify this kit to fit my chassis. :unsure:
Send me some pics of the bottom of your Accord. and also what are your knuckles like? Are they spindle type or a solid piece?
Email me pics: [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can we get h/f mounts instead of the b?
All depends on the response to this group buy.
And remember the H/F AWD swap is going to be even more costly than this Bswap AWD.

The requirement to go AWD on an H/F swap requires The Few H22 Billet AWD case and upgrades to make it a normal AWD swap. Read what I said earlier in this thread...

I keep getting questions about those who are already H22 swapped or want to go with H22 swap. The AWD H22 Billet Housing is R&Ded tested and produced. It is available and for sale. This is what all H/F series guys will have to go through to become AWD which will allow you to go AWD with my AWD kit. Here is the video of what you will have to get to become an H22/F20b/22/23 platform to become AWD. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2rzD4nglcA

For those who are thinking of using the H2b adapter plate, do not understand that complexities of using that kit.
We already made a one off kit to run that setup, and the biggest issue is that the traction bar which is required for any H/F swap, requires even more customized radius rods that will prevent most people from even attempting to go that route financially.
The adapter pushes both the engine and transmission out by 1" and while it does not seem obvious, that allows the tires to hit the radius rods when turning lock to lock. So this essentially makes this H2b swap a straight away only car. Unless you like to wear out tires and cause a potential crash?

·
Super Moderator
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update:

We were able to use the stock shifter and cables with this swap using our custom adapter. Which means for those wanting to go this route, you can reduce your costs a little by not needing to purchase the shift cables and shifter of the CRV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
All depends on the response to this group buy.
And remember the H/F AWD swap is going to be even more costly than this Bswap AWD.

The requirement to go AWD on an H/F swap requires The Few H22 Billet AWD case and upgrades to make it a normal AWD swap. Read what I said earlier in this thread...

For those who are thinking of using the H2b adapter plate, do not understand that complexities of using that kit.
We already made a one off kit to run that setup, and the biggest issue is that the traction bar which is required for any H/F swap, requires even more customized radius rods that will prevent most people from even attempting to go that route financially.
The adapter pushes both the engine and transmission out by 1" and while it does not seem obvious, that allows the tires to hit the radius rods when turning lock to lock. So this essentially makes this H2b swap a straight away only car. Unless you like to wear out tires and cause a potential crash?
I read the post but I’m in the process of building a turbo f20b. I can’t return custom pistons or the 3 t2t4’s on my garage floor.

·
Super Moderator
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I read the post but I’m in the process of building a turbo f20b. I can’t return custom pistons or the 3 t2t4’s on my garage floor.
Like I said, depends on the community response.
Making a one off H2b kit is that has issues, is not something that anyone wants to do, because then I would get blamed if something goes wrong with that.

·
Super Moderator
17,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don’t want to do a h2b. I want a h/f engine and trans with the billet and bell housing.$
I would like to offer that as well, so lets get through this first.
My Rear kit is already setup for any engine platform, that is not changing, what will change is the swap kit for what specific motor setup the customer wants.

But at this time we need to get through this kit first and then we can talk about the H/F kit afterwards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would like to offer that as well, so lets get through this first.
My Rear kit is already setup for any engine platform, that is not changing, what will change is the swap kit for what specific motor setup the customer wants.

But at this time we need to get through this kit first and then we can talk about the H/F kit afterwards.
👍

1 - 20 of 29 Posts