Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also the car is having a leak on the high pressure power steering hose around where the heat shield stops (around where the hose changes from rubber to metal) but my question is would it be to hard to change the part or what do I need to do? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also what should i do to the car I'm thinking pf doing sway bars, coil overs, and new rims and tires. Let me know what you guys thing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
For the power steering line, either replace it if you can find a new OEM hose (aftermarket hoses often have smaller diameter tubing that messes with the pump), or take your hose to an automotive hydraulics shop to have it rebuilt. I recently had a custom high pressure line made at a local branch of Tubes N' Hoses, using the OEM hard line ends and new rubber.

As for modification, you're on your own. We all have our own tastes, and your car is for you to enjoy, so I'd never tell people what to do there, except to always save for quality parts instead of cheaping out to have something now where safety or an expensive investment (such as an engine build) is concerned. Hell, some people feel that such a beautifully-kept classic should remain OEM. Look around the build threads here and photos on social media for ideas on what inspires you.

Also, I can't ignore the Miata. It looks well done. Is it yours?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@CyborgGT The Miata is one of my buddies he's been working on it for around 1 or 2 years. Also I already replaced the power steering line and it works great! And i'm thinking about maybe leaving the car stock cause the paint is perfect and everything is in perfect condition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts