-OEM Carbon Fiber console, door and dash trim
-OEM Prelude floormats
-Door panels custom upholstered in red
-7" Double Din In-Dash DVD Player w/Playstation 2
-10" 'thin-box' sub and 300w MTX Amplifier
-Fuel Pump Kill Switch

Exterior:
-Mugen replica bumper, skirts and rear addons
-Body stripped, repainted and restored at Overall Auto in 2008/2009 in original San Marino Red
-JDM Foglights
-MSR 17" Wheels (Silver, Style 138)
-Painted brake calipers

Suspension:
-Tokico HP (Blues) Springs
-Tokico HP (Blues) Struts

Here is the Progress Thread:

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294259

Here are the pictures:

·
Registered
670 Posts
great looking car i love the color...you have that car tuned? i would think you would be getting more ponies form that list of mods than that..any pics on the engine bay and interior?

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
looks really good. i would lower it some more but thats just me.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
damn the car looks great man and yeah I was expecting you to atleast break 200whp with that mod list you have.

Not to sure about the rims but its your car. Personally I think some volk ce28's would look killer on that (time attack paint style) but thats just my opinion.

Great Job!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments!

As is said in the original post, it was a direct swap, already built. Previous owner of the swap made 224whp in a 94 Accord, but when we did the swap it was late in the fall and the car had to go away. We dyno-tuned it that night to get it on the road and back to my place for the winter, but it has a way to go when it comes out in March.

So yeah, i expect to make 225whp or better this year...

As for the rear lip, it's the same black lip that is stock, molded to the mugen-style rear pieces and then painted. Hopefully it won't crack but we'll find out in time I guess!

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Nice looking ride...Are your side skirts molded to the car?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice looking ride...Are your side skirts molded to the car?
nope! The body guy who fitted the kit was meticulous about getting everything right though, so I know it looks really flush. In person you can see the separation of the side skirts better

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
nope! The body guy who fitted the kit was meticulous about getting everything right though, so I know it looks really flush. In person you can see the separation of the side skirts better

Good stuff....

I'm debating if I should mold my mugen pieces to my bumper now. I've already molded them to the little plastic piece, but now thinking about putting it all together with the bumper....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good stuff....

I'm debating if I should mold my mugen pieces to my bumper now. I've already molded them to the little plastic piece, but now thinking about putting it all together with the bumper....
I would say yes, I ran it for 6 months or so with no signs of stress to the molding. I get a lot of compliments on the rear bumper, most people asking where I got the bumper from. I have to explain that it came stock with the car, all I did was mold two pieces to the bottom!

I think it gives it a more unique look compared to a million rear lips you see around.

·
The Australian
5,058 Posts
beautiful

·
Registered
70 Posts
what type of mugen replica front is that? it has awesome fit, did u do the work your self.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what type of mugen replica front is that? it has awesome fit, did u do the work your self.
The Mugen front is a VFiber bumper, got it off ebay. The molding was... terrible, to be honest. I did not do the work for the car, it was professionally done and it cost an arm and a leg. The guy who did the work spent almost 2 weeks fitting the kit so it looked as good as it does, but the prep work shows as this bumper and skirts fit tighter than my stock ones did.

In the build thread I linked to at the top, I think i even show the stage where we realized the left hole for the signal/fog wasn't even close to big enough, so that's why there is no bezel around either set of lights. We had to cut the whole piece out and fill it again to make them even.

'Mugen' is really only a word to describe the style of front at this point, because the amount of frankensteining that has happened with that bumper to the way you see it here- it's hardly the way it was designed. That's okay though, it just makes the car a little more unique
:inlove:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Clean as hell!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts