Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1997 Honda Prelude Type SH - Central Florida - $3500obo

Listing my 1997 Honda Prelude Type SH for sale. It's Eucalyptus Green Pearl with Black/Ivory Interior. I've owned the car since May '06 when it had 109k. It currently has 151.7k miles on it. I'm listing it for sale as I don't drive it anymore. I take it for a spin around the neighborhood on occasion but that's it. Car has a clean Title and Carfax. The pictures are as of 1-28-13.

The car has a few mods:
Koni Yellows & Ground Control Coilovers
Megan Racing Test Pipe
Pioneer HU & Kenwood Speakers
99-01 Honeycomb Grille

Mechanically the car runs great. The motor is strong and the transmission shifts smooth with no grinds. The AC works great as well. The car has new rotors on the front as well as new pads on both front and rear which have about ~1000 miles on them. The transmission fluid and oil were changed 1500 miles ago.The Oil cooler seal replaced in June 2011 and the Vtec Solenoid Gasket was replaced 12/13/12.

Body has what you'd expect as for a car with the mileage/age. There are dents, chips, and scratches here and there. Clearcoat on the hood is peeling on both sides as well as has some rust along the edge of the hood near the windshield. The spoiler is mildly faded and would probably look great after a wet sand.. Other than that the paint still looks good after a wash. The windshield was replaced after a rock cracked it on the highway about 3 years ago. The weatherstripping on the driver side is slightly raised at one point. It doesn't leak just looks a little funny.

The interior of the car is in pretty good shape. The seats and carpet were recently carpet cleaned. Has OEM Honda Carbon Fiber inserts on the radio bezel and door handles. Driver side seat has a couple of burns in the seat from the previous owner. The stereo sounds good. The headunit is a bit older and makes noise when it opens and closes but works very well. The Passenger side window's tint is peeling.

As it sits now:
There is a minor oil leak from the rear main seal. I believe there also may be one from the oil pan. They're best described as a drip.
The power steering rack has a leak. There's no problem with the steering however on occasion you have to top off the PS fluid reservoir.
The ATTS light comes on sometimes. Right now it's off. When it is on, it throws codes #73 and #75. This does not effect driving the car in any way though it does disable the unit.
The car will need an alignment as well as a new tire eventually. The tires on the front are in good shape with plenty of tread. The driver side rear has camber wear on the inside due to being on the front of the car when it was lowered. The rear passenger tire is fine as it was replaced individually when it got a nail in it a couple years ago.

I'm asking $3000obo. The only trade I'd be interested in is a straight trade for an OEM s2000 Hardtop with all of the hardware. Other than that, Cash or a certified bank check only. If you have any questions or would like to come see the car, please email me and I will promptly get back to you. Thanks!

Album Link: http://imgur.com/a/6pbkd#0

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Yeah, I'm still in Tampa. Got a kid and shit, so the prelude has been sitting for 2 years. I had a 5th gen for a bit, I liked it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
clean car good price, this would be perfect for a 5th gen base owner who has wanted an sh. best of luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts