Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 1996 Honda Prelude VTEC model. I bought this car in a no running condition but I got it to run after changing the main relay. The clutch was sticking to the floor and so I changed the slave cylinder because there was a new one in the car, still in the box. The old one was stuck closed. The one one seems good I can move it in and it moves back out. After changing it I tried bleeding it but no fluid was coming through. I then inspected the master cylinder and saw that they tried removing it, they left a socket attached to it. I replaced the master cylinder with one from the auto parts store. When I tried to bleed it, fluid now comes through but after over an hour of me and my brother trying, the pedal still stays at the floor. The way we are doing it is, we have a clear hose in the bleeder valve of the slave cylinder, running to a bottle with fluid. We pump the clutch a couple of times and leave it down. We then open the bleeder valve for a sec and then close it and repeat. What is strange is the fact that the reservoir has only lost half of the fluid in an hour. I'm not sure what the problem could be, any help is appreciated. Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.