Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
heyy guys, picked up my 93 lude Si(h23a1) in pretty bad shape for $500 as a new winter beater/project car with 158.xxx miles on the clock. Im an ASE certified technician so I have been doing all repairs myself thus far. The body is in fair shape, typical rust on the rear 1/4 panels, and some dings and dents. I just turboed my Subaru BRZ and decided it wasent a great idea to be driving her in the winter anymore. Anyhow back to the lude, She had been sitting for a while and was in need of some sever TLC. I found multiple oil leaks and replaced all suspected seals. Cam seal, valve cover seal, oil cooler seal, and filled her with some quality motor oil. While I had the valve cover off I did plugs and wires also. My next issue was every once in a while the battery light would come on. Using a DVOM I found the alternator only putting out around 12V at idle, so I replaced the alternator and battery and all is well with that. Shes now sitting right at 13.8-14. I went junk yard searching and found a 94 lude in the same color, in decent shape and pulled a front fender, strut (one of mine is very rusted and the spring has collapsed a bit), and some other minor parts. AS of now my only issue is looking at that stupid amber ABS light every time I drive the car. I found a blown ABS fuse (the large one under the hood) and replaced it, only to have it blow again so I suspect the ABS pump is bad. I have no intentions of fixing the ABS system as it is expensive and not worth it to me, id rather spend that money to properly fix the rear 1/4 panels. So my question is, what fuse(s) or connector(s) do I need to disconnect or remove to turn that stupid ABS light off?
Heres a picture of the car after I replaced the banged up fender and blinker/running lamps. Shes looking pretty good.

I was plesently surprised to see the valve train was pretty clean minus some tarnish. A few 3K drain intervals with some high quality motor oil and a quality filter should clean things up nicely

And heres my donor car (they told me they'll keep the car for a while before junking it incase I need anything else)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a 93 Si parts car and a 94 Si which is now a parts car after the timing belt let go a few weeks ago. Only 18k on the belt though it has been about 6 years since I paid a local mechanic about $600 to do the belt/water pump etc change. Of course I did a bunch of work to it just before the belt let go. One of the things was R&R the front and rear brakes. And flushing the brake fluid. In the process I took a closer look at the ABS unit and realized the ABS unit was low on fluid. Though my ABS lite never came on maybe its worth taking look? You can always take out that pesky bulb. Noticed your NJ license plate. I'm also in New Jersey. In the Flemington area.
That mechanic may just be getting a visit from my Louisville Slugger one of these days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts