Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where I could source an factory original type am/fm radio cassette for 1990 Prelude Si? Also, What year Honda radios would fit and use same connections/ Thanks. Just got my 90 Prelude Si and having a blast.

·
Premium Member
9,159 Posts
I seem to remember something about any Honda radio connector from 1986 and later will work for 3rd gen Preludes. But my Prelude knowledge, and retention of that knowledge, has diminished over the years LOL.

I've seen original Honda radios on ebay from time to time. You might also check your local junkyards. car-part.com is another source.

·
Registered
551 Posts
If you find the radio from a 1996 Prelude it has a c/d player and is a Honda accessory and it plugs right in to the OEM connector. I have one in both of my 91’s.

Cheers
nigel

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you find the radio from a 1996 Prelude it has a c/d player and is a Honda accessory and it plugs right in to the OEM connector. I have one in both of my 91’s.

Cheers
nigel
Nigel,
Will any 4th gen cassette radio fit? Looking for one for my 1991 Prelude Si that has water damage.
Jim

·
Registered
551 Posts
I just know the 4th gen fits right in. It isn’t a cassette but a c/d player.
Cheers
nigel

·
Premium Member
17,079 Posts
Honda used all the same connector up too 01.
And pretty much any Honda radio in that range will bolt in.
If you get a Double DIN player you will have to remove the middle metal bracket in our stereo pockets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda used all the same connector up too 01.
And pretty much any Honda radio in that range will bolt in.
If you get a Double DIN player you will have to remove the middle metal bracket in our stereo pockets.
1funryd,
Thanks for the valuable info. I just want something that fits and does not require any rewiring. The original radio was flood damaged and I can't find an original anywhere I look.
Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
1989 2.0 Si
4 Posts
Can anyone tell me where I could source an factory original type am/fm radio cassette for 1990 Prelude Si? Also, What year Honda radios would fit and use same connections/ Thanks. Just got my 90 Prelude Si and having a blast.
I still have my 89 radio/cassette that I pulled to put in a removable radio when the car was about 3 months old. It was working at that time and has been sitting in a bag ever since. Part #39100-sf1-a900-M1 which I think is for 88-91. Let me know if you want to chat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I still have my 89 radio/cassette that I pulled to put in a removable radio when the car was about 3 months old. It was working at that time and has been sitting in a bag ever since. Part #39100-sf1-a900-M1 which I think is for 88-91. Let me know if you want to chat.
yo if you still have that ill take it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts