Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, thank you for checking out my thread.

I accidentally pulled on my o2 sensor when pulling the engine, and my 4 prongs came out of the plug. I need to figure out, now, what 4 wires go from the harness to the 4 wire o2 sensor. I am getting bad gas mileage, and it cuts out at low rpm... ( in second taking a turn below ~1800 RPM mostly)

I hope this is not another wire post, I tried looking, and looking, and looking... and my manual is for a 88-89'..

My wires are as follows
From harness: Black, Green, White(maybe gray), Yellow(maybe orange)
From Sensor: White , Green, Black, Black.

Thanks again!
Mr. Prelude

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
This is all I can find in the cheesy manual that I have here at work:

If I had my ETM here I would be able to tell you more. I'll keep on digging and see If I can come with something else for you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is what i just got to work

I just did the same thing in my 90...i havent tried to fix it yet. ill be watching this thread.lol

i looked around, and could not find much, but i got an idea how to wire it up..
somehow, it worked. IDK if it is getting better mpg, but, it is running a little smoother, and the CEL is not appearing.
what i did was...
Harness/Sensor
white-white
black-black
green-green
yellow-black

i hope this works for you mate!
I ran a wire from my harness, to inside my car, then from my sensor, to inside my car, so i could do all wiring in my comfy driver chair. Idk how you plan to do it, it was annoying as hell! i hope i am getting back up to 30mpg, spent all winter getting 23.

Cheers
Mr. Prelude

1 - 5 of 5 Posts