Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my 1990 Prelude Si needs a new fuel pump. Is an OEM pump still available from Honda? What is the Honda part number on the OEM pump? If OEM is not available, what is a good replacement pump? I assume the pump is in the tank and there is an access plate under the rear seat.

Please help. Thanks

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I think my 1990 Prelude Si needs a new fuel pump. Is an OEM pump still available from Honda? What is the Honda part number on the OEM pump? If OEM is not available, what is a good replacement pump? I assume the pump is in the tank and there is an access plate under the rear seat.

Please help. Thanks
#10 in the diagram

Download the official service manual here and it'll show you how to remove the fuel pump

·
Registered
!990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4ws, 1990 Honda Prelude Si 4ws, etc.
606 Posts
There's a write-up I made awhile back in the FAQs tips and tricks section about fuel pumps from other Honda/Acura vehicles. It might be easy to source one of those if you can't get ahold of the stock pump or a direct aftermarket replacement. I made the write-up because I had exactly that problem...although it's been like a decade or more since. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts