Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. It sucks to come here with a problem and not have a prelude. But I trust the knowledge base of this site more than any other.

Let me start by introducing my beater of the moment.

1990 Accord A/T 193k miles
f20 or f22. Don't think it will matter. Runs good and strong, not that i give it hell at all. Drive it like a grandma.

Last night I drove to a friends with no problems. About 3 hours later, I tried to start the car to no prevail. As soon as the key was turned to the on position, there was a loud humming sound coming from a small black box in between the battery and fender (passenger side). I have been searching around for a day now almost and cannot figure out what this black box is.

Well, today I go to start the car and it starts right up. Only one problem, it will do nothing but idle. As soon as the throttle is opened at all the car bogs down like it wants to die. The humming is gone also.

Does anyone have any ideas? Please help if you can.

The car is leaking no oil. Full of coolant.

There is a little bit of corrosion on the battery terminals but I highly doubt it is the root of this problems. I am hoping it is a common issue with these vehicles.

I am awaiting advice...Thanks to all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the balck box contains the map sensor and part of the egr....
it sound like the tps...but who knows??? you should look on cb7tuner.com its for 90-93 accords. gl:thumbs-up:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts