Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a passenger side upper control arm bushing or control arm? Not sure if they can even be bought any more......help :) Suggestions.....anyone got a used upper control arm with good bushings etc?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also check this out as well

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check this page out. Has all the suspension info for the 3g.

Thank you thank you thank you so much. I searched for rear upper control arm and bushings and nothing comes back on Google. Was going down the road and when I would hit a bridge or apply brakes I would hear this "BANG BANG BANG" so I put my car on the lift and beat on the rear bumper, the fender well, quarter panel, muffler, exhaust etc. and no matter what I did I could not get it to make the same exact sound. Then I said might as well beat on the tire and when I did there it was. Looked and looked for 15 minutes and I finally seen the top inner rear control arm had play on the mount near the front. Just got the most quietest exhaust with original chrome dual tips put on today.

I have owned 5 or more Prelude's in the past and made the mistake of buying a 1998 Honda Civic D16Y8 Vtec swap in 2015. 3 engines, 3 transmissions and ready for a 4th and 5 clutches later with only 250,000 miles and this car has to be the biggest piece of shit ever made. Leaks water like crazy and can not find where it is leaking. 3rd gear grinds, headliner is falling like crazy, windows roll up and down real slow, windows fog up then freeze when it snows or gets cold so every day I'm scraping the ice off the outside and inside when it gets cold or frost. I must agree that the Civic has way more leg and head room than this 1989 Honda Prelude Si I am restoring. My head hits the sunroof sliding cover when I 1st get in and sit in the seat. I have the seat pushed all the way back as far as it will go. But I think I found a rare 89 Si with only 140,000 miles on it. Original paint with no rust or dents, Interior looks like new and so does dash. I'm giving it a late 80s old school makeover. Enkei GT7 discontinued racing wheels, H4 conversion headlights, 5 panel wink mirror, vent shades, front end bra, old school body kit, chrome fender trim etc.......

But once again thanks. Ordered the bushings all $109. The price has come down from $140 some dollars like the original post said.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't forget to buy the washers as well
I've got 100s of those washers in my bolt bins. I work on a lot of different vehicles/golf carts/farm equipment/lawn mowers etc. I have built up a collection over the years.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Another great site with links to everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts