Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Radiator for the manual trans cars is unavailable as far as I can find so the work around I found was to buy the AT Radiator and take off or plug the oil cooler holes and use in place. The temperature of my car has not changed a bit and it was a direct fit. These also can be ordered at any parts store. I hope this helps anyone trying to order a radiator for these old cars I looked for hours only to find this style.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Radiator for the manual trans cars is unavailable as far as I can find so the work around I found was to buy the AT Radiator and take off or plug the oil cooler holes and use in place. The temperature of my car has not changed a bit and it was a direct fit. These also can be ordered at any parts store. I hope this helps anyone trying to order a radiator for these old cars I looked for hours only to find this style.

What is your car? I bought a radiator this year for my 88 car.
I bought it here:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is your car? I bought a radiator this year for my 88 car.
I bought it here:
I have a 1989. I tried that link but it was all in Spanish I believe. But I’m glad that it worked out for you!

·
Registered
302 Posts
This is pretty normal. Most manufacturers don't bother making replacement units for the manual version of the vehicles, and just make the auto style with the built-in cooler. I would NOT recommend removal of the cooler tubing nipples, because I've seen some which have the gaskets between the cooler assembly and the inside of the tank come loose and leak. Just leave the nipples and make sure the nuts are tight. Likewise, there is no reason to seal off the tubes, because the cooler is a heat exchanger, and there should be no cross flow of the transmission fluid and coolant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts