Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a few quick highlights...

:rocketwhore: :stupid: :butbut: :down: :emthdown: :wzbigcry:

There was an S2000 that went over an embankment into some trees. The driver is alright but the rest of the weekend was screwed up because of it. There was 3 cop cars, a motorcycle and the helicopter! :(

Had an awesome weekend though! Played with S's, NSX's, even a few other cars (new 350z) all on the dragon.

In the words of the NSX driver (cool guy BTW!), "You were right on my a$$!" lol :smilejap:

Click for Pics

My NSX buddy..

Some Vids!

Following IllLuder88 and cgm12mgc (1:00 - 10.1mb)
Playing with an S2K on Hwy 28 (2:34 - 25.6mb)
One full pass Southbound on the Tail of the Dragon (13:52 - 138mb)
Northbound on the Tail of the Dragon (Sat morning) (5:08 - 51.3mb)
Hwy 28 from campsite to the base of the Dragon (including the Playing with an S2K) (7:50 - 78.1mb)
Following IllLuder88 and cgm12mgc just leaving the over look (2:01 - 20.1mb)

EDIT:

OK, killboy's shots are up...some nice one too. Here's the NSX with me right behind him (and RacerX too!)

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=04RK0064

And apparently, I was behind a white one too...

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
Wow cool pics, what did the cops want?

·
Registered
156 Posts
UK Lude - Greg said:
Wow cool pics, what did the cops want?
To keep people safe?... After the yellow s2k wrecked on friday the cops were out pretty good for saturday and sunday. Jason has more of a story to tell about the cops than me though...

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
Yay, if you can bum an NSX then there is hope for us luder's yet! VTEC...Hmmm

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
yeah those cops were gay... there were so many hondas on the road that they had no way to prove it was us, but they gave us the ticket anyways...

hey jason, kevin, what are you guys going to do with your tickets?

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They wrote us up for reckless driving though he said they paced us at 47 in a 30. I thought reckless had to be above 30 over or something?

I got him saying what they got me at on film...

BTW, vid added to the first post of me playing w/ an S2000 (found him when I was running on Hwy 28 on our way to the Gap...).

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
BTW, vid added to the first post of me playing w/ an S2000 (found him when I was running on Hwy 28 on our way to the Gap...).

EDIT: Server acting funny again!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Daily Interlude said:
They wrote us up for reckless driving though he said they paced us at 47 in a 30. I thought reckless had to be above 30 over or something?

I got him saying what they got me at on film...

I found out speeding in turns is considered wreckless driving :(
btw, im getting my car up and running and me and everyone are gonna make another trip ya'll interested in say july?
and jason if you'll get prints of those pictures i'll pay for them if you send em to me.
I think the best picture I got when riding with you was of the guy from moonshine photo :)

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
89si2.0(nc) said:
btw, im getting my car up and running and me and everyone are gonna make another trip ya'll interested in say july?
and jason if you'll get prints of those pictures i'll pay for them if you send em to me.
I think the best picture I got when riding with you was of the guy from moonshine photo :)
Well, the court date is in July, but on a Thursday. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. I called a number I found on the dragons website but have yet to get a call back. I want to talk w/ a lawyer to at least find what my options are. I'm sure lawyers up there get these kind of cases all the time and will have an idea on the best route.

But, if I have to go up there, I might make a weekend of it. Anyone is welcomed to join me but this won't be an official Rotor Toaster event (I may make take my family...those that will fit in the lude anyway! :lol:).

Speaking of official events, I'm thinking of August or October for the fall RT event (Sept is typically NOPI around here). Since the person that runs rotortoaster.com and setup the first event seems dis-interested at this point, I may just take the ball and run w/ it. Look for more info to come soon. Maybe I will make a post discussing it...at least here.

89si2.0(nc) said:
Here's what I found for TN law on reckless driving...

(a) Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property commits reckless driving.
(b) A violation of this section is a Class B misdemeanor.
Direct Link to page w/ this info

Search Results Page for Reckless Driving

Also found this info:
Reckless Driving -Class B, Misdemeanor, almost always requires appearance, punishment may include up to 6 months imprisonment, fine not to exceed $500, or both.

Reckless Driving - 6 points
Source: http://www.lawyers.com/dbhlaw/Traffic.jsp

·
Registered
156 Posts
damn, we all thought it was 4 points. I'd definately talk to a lawer about that one. A lawer probably could at least get it dropped to 47 in a 30. Speeding is better than reckless...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
those cops are actually very, very far from gay. i deal with them every weekend on the dragon. they give very, very, very few tickets and they let tons of stuff slide. they're very aware of what goes on up there and why people go there and they know that there's nothing that they can do to stop it, so they just try to keep everyone safe while still laying down the law once in a while to make sure it doesn't get too out of hand.

if anything, they're much harder on truckers that try to go through there. they ticket them left and right.

you were just the wrong guy at the wrong time.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts