Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I'm pretty set on getting some Enkei RS+M:

http://www.enkei.com/RacingSeriesSpecs/RS+M.html

Only question is what size?

16" - 14.8 lbs
17" - 15.7 lbs

I have painted SH sides and a Type-S front lip with a mild drop of 1.4". Right now, I have a 1.5 finger gap in front and a two finger gap in back; I'm worried that the 17s will give off the illusion of more wheelwell gap or make it look like I'm riding high again. I've seen a lot of Preludes with larger wheels that make them look like dune buggies. I don't want that; I want the car looking low without having to drop the car even further.

EDIT: I read the post that contained some comments about Proxes 4. Good all-season tire also or do you guys just ride them in good weather?

P.S. If anyone has pics of a Prelude with 17" wheels and a 1.4" drop (no more), then please let me know. I'd like to see what it looks like.

Thanks!

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
kuwie said:
So, I'm pretty set on getting some Enkei RS+M:

http://www.enkei.com/RacingSeriesSpecs/RS+M.html

Only question is what size?

16" - 14.8 lbs
17" - 15.7 lbs

I have painted SH sides and a Type-S front lip with a mild drop of 1.4". Right now, I have a 1.5 finger gap in front and a two finger gap in back; I'm worried that the 17s will give off the illusion of more wheelwell gap or make it look like I'm riding high again. I've seen a lot of Preludes with larger wheels that make them look like dune buggies. I don't want that; I want the car looking low without having to drop the car even further.

EDIT: I read the post that contained some comments about Proxes 4. Good all-season tire also or do you guys just ride them in good weather?

P.S. If anyone has pics of a Prelude with 17" wheels and a 1.4" drop (no more), then please let me know. I'd like to see what it looks like.

Thanks!
Click the link in my sig for several pics of a 5th gen on 17's. I've had 16's, 17's, and 18's on my 5th gen, and by far the 17's look and perform the best. They have the sexyness of 18's but with the reliability and low maintenace of 16's.

With either of your choices, you're shaving some weight off the car as the stockers weigh in at around 19lbs.

As far as the style goes, not my thing, but hey the weight is right.

If I may be so bold, I'd check out Konig Helium's. Similar, yet better, looking wheel, and also lightweight. :)

Just my opinion...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
dood, I'm so with you on the Konigs; I have already been looking at them, but can't seem to find (1) where to find them for sale / in stock; (2) in my size and desired offset; and (3) the right color. :(

Thanks for your comments. And, BTW, I guess this is just my little "rant," but I don't think anyone on these boards should get offended by people suggesting well-reasoned alternatives. The wheels you suggested to me showed that you thought about my general preferences and suggested another route along the lines of those preferences. I wish more people did that rather than just say, "that wheel sux." So, thank you.

And with that said, if there's anything else people can suggest for a mild car (Type-S lip, mild drop), it's much appreciated. I hate shopping for wheels....

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
kuwie said:
dood, I'm so with you on the Konigs; I have already been looking at them, but can't seem to find (1) where to find them for sale / in stock; (2) in my size and desired offset; and (3) the right color. :(

Thanks for your comments. And, BTW, I guess this is just my little "rant," but I don't think anyone on these boards should get offended by people suggesting well-reasoned alternatives. The wheels you suggested to me showed that you thought about my general preferences and suggested another route along the lines of those preferences. I wish more people did that rather than just say, "that wheel sux." So, thank you.

And with that said, if there's anything else people can suggest for a mild car (Type-S lip, mild drop), it's much appreciated. I hate shopping for wheels....
Try treaddepot.com

They had em last time I checked, a month ago.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 4 of 4 Posts