Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wsup. I just hit 100k last week. I can't exactly find my manual so im not too sure what I need to do for 100k. I know theres a maintenance guide on honda.com but I want to see what you guys did to your ludes when you hit 100k and what you suggest. I did the timing belt,spark plugs and oil change only for 75k.
what should I do for 100k besides an oil change. Btw, what size are the windshield wipers and how do you 'unlock' the latch release the old wipers?

thanks
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
224 Posts
water pump....very important. did you do that? also check plug wires, dist cap, and rotor. if i were you id also look into doing a manual t-belt tensioner mod.

·
Registered
641 Posts
At 100k or 105k for our cars i would do: Oil filter, Cap, Rotor, Plugs, Wire, Fuel filter, PCV valve, Timing belt, Water pump, Adj. valves if necessary.
But it looks like you have already done everything so i would just do a LOF.

Also pull the arm up tilt the blade a bit push the tab and pull downward.:emthup:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Its a very good idea to relpace it!!!!!! Since you have to remove the T-belt to get to the pump. It would suck to have the pump fail and snap you t-belt like what happend on my 87 crx.

·
Registered
253 Posts
the reason why i asked is cause i just got timing belt changed along with the tension too and the mech i guess didnt changed it

·
_
2,494 Posts
they pretty much just would change it if they knew what they were doing. cause it's right there when you're changing your t-belt, anyways.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Like JBLude01 said : At 100k or 105k for our cars i would do: Oil filter, Cap, Rotor, Plugs, Wire, Fuel filter, PCV valve, Timing belt, Water pump, Adj. valves if necessary.

Did you replace the roller bearings when you replaced your timing belt at 75k? and maybe switch over to manual tensioner, water pump, run some sea foam through her, check your axle boots,check tie rod ends, flush and replace brake fluid, clutch fluid, tranny fluid,.......... Whole car maintance!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help. What exactly does the auto to manual tensioner do?

My lude has been acting strange lately. Everytime i start the car, place it in drive or reverse and slowly step on the pedal, the car starts to shake or rumble and make loud sputtering sounds. It usually goes away after 3 minutes of driving. This also happens when the car is idling at a stop light for more than 2 minutes. I have no idea what it is. Does anyone know what possibly could be wrong? Thanks. .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Manual tensioner is done because the auto one tends to fail for everyone. However, IMO, it is no longer necessary. Honda released an updated part which resolved the older issues. I wouldn't worry about that. Your water pump should of been replaced when they did the timing belt but several mechanics I know never change it out unless there is an issue. So if they didn't, then you might not have any issues. Also, spark plug wires you might not have to change either. Inspect them. How do they look?

During my research, tests were done and Honda OEM spark plugs that were 80K+ did better then the aftermarket ones. I can't recall the name but they were the blue ones most people here buy.

I would as mentioned below, check all boots. Drain and fill transmission fluid. Replace dizzy cap and rotor, spark plugs, and do a valve adjustment. All really easy with helms manual. Did they replace your accessory belts? Inspect/Replace those as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts