Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? My set up is this 84mm sleeved B21A1 block. 81mm B20A5 head. cast aluminum pistons, forged rods. Car's been run with a 50 shot before safely. I want to know if going to a 100 shot on a single wet jet is safe or should I go no higher than 75 to be safe? I don't want to blow my engine up but I do want to have more power before the rebuild and turbo. Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
If u wanna go over a 75 shot or even for a 75 shot IMHO go direct port. If not the nitrous tends to clot in cylinder 1 and cause premature wear

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If u wanna go over a 75 shot or even for a 75 shot IMHO go direct port. If not the nitrous tends to clot in cylinder 1 and cause premature wear
Damn, you confirmed my thoughts on that. I've been looking for a NOS NOSzle kit so I don't have to drill and tap and all that jazz. Can a DP kit be pieced together? Looks like I have some research to do...

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
yes a direct port kit can be pieced together...but might cost more than just buying the whole direct port kit...on most hond four bangers the distribution of air is decent enough too get by w standard wet/dry kit....direct port is more cosient but maybe overkill for a b21....on 75shot wet kit you should be safe especially tunned...

the general rule/theory w n2o is you can run 1/2 of the engines rated horsepower
so a b21 that make 140hp can safely run a 70shot...this is a basic theory there is wiggle room both way pending on fuel and tune

·
Registered
212 Posts
I would also go with a wet kit not a dry. Safer and a lot easier. Zex makes an awesome wet kit. I think the part number is 82101. The difference between wet/dry kits is a wet kit is pre mixed with fuel where as the dry does it while entering the system. I CAN NOT stress enough how important EMS is. No matter what shot u use ur gonna wanna make sure ur tuned for it properly. Coldluderay is right tho. The general rule of thumb is half ur hp.

Goldlude are ur times 1/4miles or 1/8? Ur build is similar to the one im starting.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
my car time listed in sign are current personal best 1/4 mile times
i can dig out my 1/8 times if you want them...

·
Registered
212 Posts
No no 1/4's what i was hopin lol. Im gonna build my h22a for high compression w/nitrous. I'd love to get between 250-300 whp all motor but I know it'll be hard. I plan to do mahle pistons, skunk2 pro 1 cams, skunk2 valvetrain, P&P head from CCCylinderheads, Rosko Racing Euro-R IM w/RDX injectors and a 68mm portmatched TB, and eagle h beam rods. Coming very soon is a hytech replica header, 3" exhaust and a vibrant performance muffler all tuned on s300. Hopin thatll put me around 210 (at 191 right now). But my build seems very similar to urs so i was curious of the times. I said when i made my list i wanted to hit 12's lol. Is that 9on st tires or slicks?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
that is on slicks for sure....my best time on falken azenis 615 street tires is a 13.8....
with how light my car is hooking is a issue i need slicks....

the pro 1 cam is good for 210 goal and mahales are iffy make sure your block is bored corecttly and your p2w clearence is spot on for the mhale's...when you go too the 250whp goal it will proablly have too be sleaved...

also be carefull running high compression and nitrous with pump gas 93...the tune will need too be spot on...i run e85

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have one of the best tuners in the region. He has the fastest all motor hatch record right now. Alex pagan of Humble performance. But ya Ill be sure to measure everything out. I was gonna go 885 too but they dnt have it up home lol. Just out of curiosity whats wrong with 93 and N2O? Wouldnt the higher octane give a more efficient burn?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
the higher the octane the better...e85 can be anywhere from like 99octane too 112 ocatne depending on blend...but humble is good lol...your in good hands there

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
Slow your roll champ. If you never used nitrous before start off small. I do a 75 shot but started out on a 35. Which sucks but u get the feel on how to control it. I can't wait till i get to a 150 shot but i need better parts for that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Slow your roll champ. If you never used nitrous before start off small. I do a 75 shot but started out on a 35. Which sucks but u get the feel on how to control it. I can't wait till i get to a 150 shot but i need better parts for that.
I'll be starting on a 100-125 shot minimum. I wanna try to run 150 eventually. Go big or go home. I'll have mine hooked to a WOT switch. Tuned for spray and i'm going to have a bunch of fail safes in place. all the factors will have to be spot on or the n2o will shut off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts