Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm planning on buying 18" wheels within the next month. The offset is +42 and the tire size is going to be 215/40/18. Will I have any rubbing issues lowering 1.5" with Tein S tech springs? I prefer springs over coilovers so please don't say, "Get coilovers."

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
xPhax said:
I'm plan on buying 18" wheels within the next month. The offset is +42 and the tire size is going to be 215/40/18. Will I have any rubbing issues lowering 1.5" with Tein S tech springs? I prefer springs over coilovers so please don't say, "Get coilovers."
Nope. Not even close.

With 215/40's you will rub all to F'n Hell with 18" rims and a drop. Not to mention possibly beating your fenders all to hell b/c of offset.

And you can prefer springs all you want, but they are inferior to a true coilover system. If you want to customize your ride height for performance, appearance, or the avoidance of rubbing, I highly suggest you expand your options.

It's just my advice...take it or leave it, but I'd have a body shop on call if you don't. ;)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hi HP5R, im here to debate this issue again with you ::Waves::

anyways, i have 18x7.5 with a 48+ offset, and im lowered on coilovers (listen to hp5r, he knows his sh..poop) I am lowered on 215/40's.. not quite 1.5, i dont think, but i dont rub at all... granted i drive like a granny.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
97 Lude VTec said:
Hi HP5R, im here to debate this issue again with you ::Waves::

anyways, i have 18x7.5 with a 48+ offset, and im lowered on coilovers (listen to hp5r, he knows his sh..poop) I am lowered on 215/40's.. not quite 1.5, i dont think, but i dont rub at all... granted i drive like a granny.
48 offset for 18's is great. It's the standard for dropped 18's as far as I'm concerned.... 48 or higher.

his offset though? They'd smash the fenders to pieces.

OH yea, and driving like a granny? You gotta treat that thing like a mule! Anyone with a dropped 5th gen should make the tires scream in pain through twisties everyday! :)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hprelude5R said:
48 offset for 18's is great. It's the standard for dropped 18's as far as I'm concerned.... 48 or higher.

his offset though? They'd smash the fenders to pieces.

OH yea, and driving like a granny? You gotta treat that thing like a mule! Anyone with a dropped 5th gen should make the tires scream in pain through twisties everyday! :)
yeah, his offset seems to low to be good for a drop.

You should come to New Orleans... and check out how many twisties we have for me to drive through....

On that note, there are none. Just a bunch of construction, pot holes, bad roads, and katrina BS..

this^^ is why i drive like a granny :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How about +45mm offset? It's a little closer to +48mm. I'm really liking the Konig Hurrys in black with polished lip and that's the highest offset available.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
xPhax said:
How about +45mm offset? It's a little closer to +48mm. I'm really liking the Konig Hurrys in black with polished lip and that's the highest offset available.
45's are good on 17's, but I'd still definately pass for a set of 18's.

To be honest though, I'd recommend 17's with a 45mm offset of 18's anyday. :)

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
i have 40 offset 18s..

and if i dropped 1.5, i'd rub like your moms legs when she walks.

just a heads up.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally found 18's in +48 offset. They're 5zigen Hyper 5zr wheels in hyper black. I'm going to buy 225/35/18 tires instead of 215/40/18. I was wondering if I can lower it a bit more with Neuspeed sport springs (1.75"front, 1.5"rear") instead of Tein S Tech (1.5"front, 1.3"rear) without rubbing?

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
xPhax said:
I finally found 18's in +48 offset. They're 5zigen Hyper 5zr wheels in hyper black. I'm going to buy 225/35/18 tires instead of 215/40/18. I was wondering if I can lower it a bit more with Neuspeed sport springs (1.75"front, 1.5"rear") instead of Tein S Tech (1.5"front, 1.3"rear) without rubbing?

so u got WIDER tires and you want to lower it MORE?!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts