Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy and I were bored yesterday, and he was looking into getting a new car anyway, so we stopped by the Honda dealership to see what was up with the Fit.

We poked around the interior for a bit while we waited for a salesperson to come out and try to sell it to us. The 60/40 rear seats can relcine flat, or fold forward flush into the floor, leaving a lot of cargo room. Or if you have something tall that has to stay vertical, you can lift the seat bottoms up, and utilize the deep passenger footwells.

Seating position is kinda minivan-ish, and makes reaching for the shifter awkward. Interior build quality is awesome as usual, and makes the car look like it costs more than 15k msrp.

The sales guy let us take a salmon/pink/orangey metallic sorta one with the sport package (lip kit, spoiler, 15's) out for a little drive. With three guys (250lb, 200lb, and the sales guy was probably 180), the thing was surprisingly quick. The gears are really short, but the clutch and shifter felt kinda numb (i'm probably just too used to the setup in my prelude). Stays pretty flat in corners, too.

Verdict: They approved me, and I almost bought one right there, if not for the rediculous interest rate (first-time car buyer) and $2,000 dealer markup. Good commuter car, and I'd rather be seen in a Fit than an xB or xA.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
hmm i didnt even know these were out yet...shows how out of the loop i am. i gotta go check one out.

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
camel_89si said:
hmm i didnt even know these were out yet...shows how out of the loop i am. i gotta go check one out.
yea i didnt know either. i was even told by a salesman they wouldnt be out till may. i drove past the dealership a few days ago and they were there. it may be some areas around the country might not have them yet.. i dont know

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I don't like em....I guess I am spoiled by the porsche and lude....

A car IMO has to have outside sex appeal as well as the inside...the fit...does not.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The salesman said they just got their first shipment in the day before we got there. They had probably 8, but only 2 sport models, and only one of those had a 5-speed (the pink/orange/salmon metallic one)

I think it felt a bit numb, but I'm used to a prelude with hard-ass suspension, stiff clutch, and short shifter on worn, notchy transmission with a loud-ass exhaust :D Everything is numb to me.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aftermarket will probably take off good.. This car has been around in other markets for a couple of years already. All sorts of body kits and stuff available in Japan.

Base model fit starts at about 13. Then tax, destination, markup, etc. Would have been 16 out the door, then with the interest rate they gave me, it would be about 25 total at the end of 60 months if I never refinanced.

When the Yaris hits I'll go test drive one :D Isn't it just a rebadged Echo?

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
my friend works at a honda dealership and he said its like they brought back the D16Z6(civic vtec) but he also said their freakin nicer than a civic on the inside ne day..pluss the seat configurations r crazy.....i like them automatic paddel shifting u cant go wrong

·
Registered
985 Posts
SquishyPanda said:
Aftermarket will probably take off good.. This car has been around in other markets for a couple of years already. All sorts of body kits and stuff available in Japan.

Base model fit starts at about 13. Then tax, destination, markup, etc. Would have been 16 out the door, then with the interest rate they gave me, it would be about 25 total at the end of 60 months if I never refinanced.

When the Yaris hits I'll go test drive one :D Isn't it just a rebadged Echo?
The aftermarket is already out there around the world. Now all they have to do is bring some to the US which shouldn't take long at all.

A friend of mine was also thinking about going to look at the Fit for a commuter car. We might go check it out this weekend.

I was in Egypt for the last 2 weeks and the Fit is there. I thought it looked pretty good. They also have the Honda City which looks like the last gen. civic but it's smaller. The Fit is BIG compared to most of the cars that are in Egypt. The most common car there would probably be the old Fiat 128s.

Anyway, They have the Yaris there too and no it's not just a rebadged Echo. It's different and there is a hatchback version. It did however replace the Echo.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh. maybe I was thinking of how the edm echo was called the yaris..

·
Registered
708 Posts
2000BB6 said:
my friend works at a honda dealership and he said its like they brought back the D16Z6(civic vtec) but he also said their freakin nicer than a civic on the inside ne day..pluss the seat configurations r crazy.....i like them automatic paddel shifting u cant go wrong

paddel shifting is for homos :evil smile:

jk whatever floats your boat

·
Registered
985 Posts
Antonious said:
paddel shifting is for homos :evil smile:
jk whatever floats your boat
Go tell that to Michael Schumacher.

·
Registered
230 Posts
anyone else think that the fit 5 speed auto w/ the paddle shifting will end up being like the lude's sportshift unuseful and lots of chances of failing?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i work at a dealership and i was free and knew how to drive a stck when our shipment showed up 1 hr early so i got to test drive them to make sure they were ok. very nice car to drive i just couldnt see myself in it. to tall and narrow looking out side, but nice inside.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts