Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The results are in for our 4/23 event, and they ain't so hot. I came in 4th out of 13. Besides the guy who normally beats me, we picked up two new drivers who are skilled and have very well prepped cars. The competition was so fierce I was turning down people who were asking for rides, which I normally never do. I can't wait to start really prepping the car this summer.

Hopefully I can get a few pics from the event.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Looked up Atl SCCA region, 4/23 not posted yet? 232 entries, holy cow!!!!
My next event is this Sunday, and looks like rain damn it.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I LOVE the competition. I don't think I would switch to another class if I was coming in last place.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
BA5 said:
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I LOVE the competition. I don't think I would switch to another class if I was coming in last place.
a ha, but the questions is, would you switch to another class if you were coming in first every event? Something to think about.

Not that I care, I'm just messing with you.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I WAS coming in 1st every event in STS last year (only made it to 1st half of events tho) but only by tenth of sec tho with lots of drivers, & few drivers in DSP. Always close. Now moved to DSP, lots of drivers in DSP, only a few left in STS now. And it is a nail biter down to the last run.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
BUT NOT TODAY. I was sure it would rain today so didn't even take the slicks. WRONG ANSWER. Damn it. 3rd out of 5. Damn street tire are noisy.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Great day Sunday, but only managed 4th. Great course too. See vids on host server.

Looked up the 03 Mazdaspeed Protege. Fucker has stock T3 turbo & LSD.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The Prelude is totally outgunned in DSP. I always did well (including overall) until 2 of the top DSP drivers in the country would show up. Sometimes I could get close but they always beat me. Both drive those pesky 3 series.

I've got video of a friend running my car in fun runs from this weekend. My suspension was adjusted all over the place so I don't know if its worth posting. Ended up first in SM again. Yay for me.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yay for you indeed.

Are you going to keep at it with the prelude? Or do you really want to go national? I imagine the prelude is outgunned in SM as well.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Absolutely its outgunned in SM. If I ever go to nationals I'll build a car (or buy) a highly competitive car. I'd be going to win, not just participate. I've also codriven cars as well. A friend of mine and I are considering building a FSP Civic hatchback. We'll see though, I've got a lot going on right now.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, what I meant was, do you want to go to nationals badly enough to dump the prelude, or do you just like driving the prelude?

Personally, I like driving my prelude. But I also think I could be competetive at nationals in STS.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'd be interested to see how well you could do in STS, thats an extremely competetive class.

I haven't decided what I want to do because I like the Prelude to much to stop driving. I've had it over 6 yrs and have no plans to get rid of it. I think I'll always have it as a secondary car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts