Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah so, this is my friends Supra and we see each other and I wanted to race. So he’s like sure. We get a nice straight road and we did all 3 runs from a ROLL. 1st one was in 2nd gear and I was at 5g. 3 honks and were off. I had him in all gears! it was awesome, but it was only by 1/2 - 1 car length the entire time, the 2nd race was the same pretty much, and for the 3rd, I did it in 1st a 5g and I took him so hard and 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th I was ahead by 1 car; yes 5th gear ha-ha. OUR CARS WERE DEAD EVEN BASICALLY!!!! I was very shocked that I had him in all 3 races but we were even throughout! Ha-ha. He was at stock 7psi of boost. Oh and the 1st race I missed 2nd and sadly over revved it to 8000rpm, ahhhhhhhh:wzbigcry::wzbigcry:, poor baby h22, lol. I caught it in time and went off the gas and shifted into 3rd and I was off again and I still won ha-ha. Yay for my baby Prelude.:):) ***15.2 - 15.6 sec 1/4 mile stock time for Supra, so it is very comparable to the Lude.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Yeah, stock MkIIIs are not that fast. Not necessarily faster than a H22 lude anyway.

They can pick up lots of power out of simple mods though.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
my friend almost bought a 87 supra turbo that had dyno'd 347 hp to the wheels. thank god he didnt cause instead he bought a n/t talon which is pretty much the same as my 3g. good job btw!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Wow, I would of figure those old supras had more balls then that. low to mid 15's isn't impressive for a turbo supra or any turbo car. good race.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
good race. It depends on the driver in the supra. I've seen those mkIII's bust up on some pretty quick cars. Good races none the less.

·
Registered
568 Posts
evoludersir said:
Wow, I would of figure those old supras had more balls then that. low to mid 15's isn't impressive for a turbo supra or any turbo car. good race.
Yeah, they are the suxxors! :sarcasm:

It's a 16 year old car that kept up with one of Hondas best. Highly tuned(by the factory) n/a barely beats a half assed 80's turbo, and you have the balls to say it's pathetic? lol.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
2ZZ13BT said:

It's a 16 year old car that kept up with one of Hondas best. Highly tuned(by the factory) n/a barely beats a half assed 80's turbo, and you have the balls to say it's pathetic? lol.
yeah, i wud say it's pathetic. just cuz its a 15 year old car, doesnt mean shit, thats not a good excuse. what about a 15 year old vr-4 or a camero ss, or a TSi or a GSX? that is pretty shitty for a turbo'd supra

·
Registered
568 Posts
borcth said:
yeah, i wud say it's pathetic. just cuz its a 15 year old car, doesnt mean shit, thats not a good excuse. what about a 15 year old vr-4 or a camero ss, or a TSi or a GSX? that is pretty shitty for a turbo'd supra
So the extra 11 years of wear on the car didn't make a difference... Believe me, hardly any cars that old are running at their potential.

Why do you people have a bad tendency of thinking that because an n/a with a turbo slapped on makes good power that a stock turbo car should be making at least 250whp? They are built with two completely different purposes in mind.

Remember that that 1990 Supra is actually an 80's design that was simply carried over to the early 90's. You're comparing 90's designs to it. Look at the 90's Supra and then get back to me. Lets not even compare an 80's Supra turbo to a 5th gen mod for mod.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
2ZZ13BT said:

In the Lude's defense H22 4th gens were running around in the states by 93, and they were equally fast as the later Preludes. In the early years of the 4th gen VTEC, they were really no slouch by those day's standards. Today, though, is a bit different.

But yeah, MkIIIs arn't half bad. Stock, they're slow, but they have lots of potential even on their stock turbo.

borcth said:
In completely stock trim none of those cars are unbelievably fast, either. DSMs are no faster than either a H22 Lude or a MkIII, and a LT1 F-body (remember, 15 years) or VR-4 isn't going to be *that* much faster.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Blue01 said:
In the Lude's defense H22 4th gens were running around in the states by 93, and they were every bit as fast as a 2001.
And then look at a '93 Supra TT. lol. I get what you're saying though.

Stock RX7 TII's were rated at running a 15.1 1/4, but with just an intake and 2.5" dp I was raping pretty much every mid 14 to 15 second car out there. Sure it may be a little lame when stock, but don't forget they take to mods 10x better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
borcth said:
a 15 year old camaro ss is pretty shitty..

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
2ZZ13BT said:
So the extra 11 years of wear on the car didn't make a difference... Believe me, hardly any cars that old are running at their potential.

Why do you people have a bad tendency of thinking that because an n/a with a turbo slapped on makes good power that a stock turbo car should be making at least 250whp? They are built with two completely different purposes in mind.

Remember that that 1990 Supra is actually an 80's design that was simply carried over to the early 90's. You're comparing 90's designs to it. Look at the 90's Supra and then get back to me. Lets not even compare an 80's Supra turbo to a 5th gen mod for mod.

perhaps true. i suppose it depends on the circumstance of the car.

bad_a_ta said:
a 15 year old camaro ss is pretty shitty..
lol, true!! Stupid domestics:devil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts