Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, another race story fo ya!

On my way to work today after school, im cruisin ya know mindin my biznaz! Apparantly I provoked some guy in a brand new charger R/T! still had temp plates on!

yada yada ya, we play cat and mouse for a minute or so, and we get cought at a light... I have a friendly convo with him, said he just got it today, blah, blah, blah...

The light turns green, and i was cought off gaurd a bit... But we both punch it i guess... I could hear his tires squeel, but i didnt squeel mine intentionally....

But immediately he pulled a car length through my first gear. Then i went to 2nd quick as hell, and next thing ya know he's not pulling from me anymore! I shift to third at about 5500 rpm's and im at his back door/bumper till about 80mph, then we stop.... He was just as surprised as i was! I thought a 340hp sedan would get up a lil more then that?

Whatcha think???

·
Registered
568 Posts
They run low to mid 13's. Chalk it up to him being new in the car.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2ZZ13BT said:
They run low to mid 13's. Chalk it up to him being new in the car.
really?
I musta thought they ran like mid 14's or somthin...
I woulda thought low-mid 13's be a SRT-8! wow...
How the hell did i keep up that much?

·
Registered
568 Posts
The SRT8's are breaking into the 12's stock.

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Mid/low 13's my ass...I really dont know whats in your eclipse, but the R/T chargers are not that fast, if you have some decent mods I can see it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
N/Apower said:
Mid/low 13's my ass...I really dont know whats in your eclipse, but the R/T chargers are not that fast, if you have some decent mods I can see it.
Actually, I'm no fan of Chrysler, but they really are that fast. I'd look it up, but I'm short on time today. Try searching for a Charger forum to see what they run, and I don't mean mag times. I am actually interested in knowing for sure myself.

Eclipse V6's are mid 15 second cars, so I'd say this goes to the guy in the Charger not being able to drive.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Judging by your mods, you should have lost. But yes, the R/T is a low 14 second car. Get anyhting other than a lucky 13.8/9 out of your head, they suck. Look okay, but very fat...wait for the Challenger :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Actually, upon a quick search I have found an average of [email protected] Not too shabby, and definitely enough to take an Eclipse.

Good job on catching him on the best day possible. lol.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
Soulja just get your starion rebuilt and you won't have to worry about chargers and what not manj!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TopEndLude said:
Soulja just get your starion rebuilt and you won't have to worry about chargers and what not manj!
:) :) :) man you dont know how anxious i am to start breaking that new motor in!:devil: and its not even built yet! im getting my rebuild parts day-by-day....

13.2's HERE I COME!:smilejap:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Damn, already breaking in that eclipse, eh? :lol:

My friend rented one of those Chargers, said he got up to 160mph, not sure how quick he got there though.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
soulja620 said:
fo real?
I thought they had governor's???

My moms magnum has one... It wont let me past 115mph :)
One Saturday night the topend boys were leaving a racing spot to hit the club up and we were doing like 120ish on the freeway and all of a sudden we see this white magnum just flew by us like we were standing still with the lights off. Then I looked in my rear view mirror and saw blues lights about a half a mile behind us.

Buttom line, the magnum out ran the cops on the highway. It made headliner news the Sunday morning afterwards. A white dodge mangnum out runs the cops! True story.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts