Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I’ve had an unfortunate experience in which the front end of my gen 5 got smashed a bit.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Im trying to salvage the radiator support, but in the instance that I can’t, could I use one from a ‘98 Accord? Do they have the same front end? The ’98 accord radiator support looks identical to the one in my Lude in its pictures. If I can’t salvage the current one, and the one from the Accord works, how would I go about attaching it? Would I have to cut the current one out and weld a new one in? Or is it attached by bolts. If not, could I cut the current one out and drill holes to bolt a new one in.

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Your entire front bulkhead is destroyed. You will need that all replaced as well as the bumper support and whatever other sections are damaged near the ABS unit due to the impact. If the frame rail is damaged, you will need to see a bodyshop about pulling/straightening it.

You need parts from a 97-01 Prelude, not an Accord. These parts are all held together with spot welds that can be removed with a drill and the appropriate cutting tool attachment. Replacement parts will need to be welded on.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,155 Posts
I have a set of OEM headlights for only $100 if you're interested. Just PM me and let me know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts