FS: Cometic MLS Gaskets - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Exclamation FS: Cometic MLS Gaskets

As of May 2010, I became a dealer for the Cometic line of products. By working with Cometic I was able to bring the forgotten and beloved 88 - 91 Honda Prelude.

After much negotiating and conversation after a few years of approaching Cometic, they final gave in and agreed to develop their famous MLS - Multi Layers Steel Head gasket for the 1988 - 1991 Prelude.

Now I am able to offer their full line of products to my Prelude community.

A must need if you plan on rebuilding your motor or turbocharging it!
The cometic MLS (Multi Layer Steel) head gasket is comprised of three layers of stainless steel. Cometic uses stainless steel for increased strength, it's ability to rebound and corrosion resistance. The outer layers of the gasket are embossed and coated on both sides with a flouroelastometer rubber based material(Viton) designed to meet the demands of a variety of harsh sealing enviroments, load conditions and surface finishes. The Viton coating is heat resistant to 250 Celcius or 482 F.
The center or shim layer of the gasket is comprised of an uncoated Stainless Steel Layer, which can be varied to accommodate multiple thickness requirements. The MLS gasket is ideal for both aluminum heads to cast iron blocks and aluminum heads to aluminum blocks.

Here is relavent information for using aftermarket ARP head bolts when changing out Head gaskets for the B20/21:

Quote:
Honda specs for the Head bolts for the B20/21 heads:
They are 11X151 (short) and 11x181 (long) #'s 21 and 22:

Quoted from: gc8dc95 and Jump

1.50 pitch
11mm Diameter
8 Short bolts
2 Long Bolts (Center)

Here are the ARP part #'s and quanities that you will need.
(2) off *ATP7.675-1LUB
( off ATP6.350-1LUB
(10) off 7/16 12pt nuts
(10) off 7/16 washers

The long ones are from a B18a, the short ones are from VW VR6, not that it matters, just thought you'd like to know.
If you want to use studs on the main caps, it is the same as for a H22, H23.
Part # 208-5401
None of the above come with nuts or washers

Tell them you need the corresponding ARP nuts and washers.
***You have to use ARP washers/nuts with ARP Studs/Bolts

Also Rod Bolts by ARP (Honda 9mm)

ARP rod bolt part number: 208-6401
head style: A

More info:

Part numbers are ATP7.675-1LUB
.120" had to be removed from the top of the studs (these are the long 2 in the middle.)...
Short studs are ATP6.350-1LUB

Quoted from: -tsiah - The below information is from a thread on preludepower.
"Whoever used the ATP8.000-1LUB ....I dunno about that... the 7.675 were touching the cams in my engine the head had only been milled ~.005"

Here is the brand new 3rd Gen Prelude MLS Gasket:

B20a5 MLS Gasket

B21a1 MLS Gasket

All Honda MLS Head Gaskets sell for: $83.00 + shipping (buyer responsible for paypal fees is using it).
*Note: This price is for the standard 3 layer gasket.

The 5 layer gasket prices are higher.
*Prices subject to change.
Below are the breakdowns:

3 Layer:

.027 - .045mm $82.00

5 Layer and above:

.056 - .075mm $120.00

.076” - .098” $130.00

.120” - .140” $218.00

Below are the increments of thicknesses Cometic offers:
.027", .030", .036", .040", .045", .051", .056”, .060", .062” .066", .070", .073”, .075", .077”, .080", .084”, .086", .089’, .092", .095”, .098", .120", .140"
*(Prices subject to change)

For the 4th and 5th Gen Preludes, I sell the MLS gaskets for the following motors:

• H22a1
  • H22a2
  • H22a4
  • H23a1
For details please email me at: [email protected]

And I also sell everthing that Cometic offers for the B series, C series, and K series motors I can get it.

Just drop me a line and I will take care of you.

Sean
www.1funryd.com

*Note: Please provide the follow for shipping quotes:

PP.com ID:
Full Name:
Complete Address:
Phone:
Email:

I need this before quoting anyone on shipping, thank you.

Please send this information to me via email at: [email protected]

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(1Funryd - H22 Swap) - Ludcifer - INX - MustardCat(B20a)

Last edited by 1funryd; 10-14-2013 at 06:26 PM.
1funryd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Bump for Cometic gaskets.

To all members remember I am not a dealer for Cometic, so I do supply their entire line not just for the 3rd gen line.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 09-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
1funryd
Elite Member

Monday bump

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 10-09-2010, 01:02 AM   #4
1funryd
Elite Member

bump

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 10-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
1funryd
Elite Member

Just for everyones knowledge I am a Cometic dealer so this applies to other cars that they support as well, not just preludes.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 10-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
mrfuzzynuggets
True Luder

mrfuzzynuggets has a spectacular aura aboutmrfuzzynuggets has a spectacular aura about
FS: Cometic MLS Gaskets

5g 5 layer $?
mrfuzzynuggets is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #7
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfuzzynuggets View Post
5g 5 layer $?
I will need to know your specs?

Gasket type: H22
Gasket Thickness: ??(in mm)
Gasket Bore size: ??(in mm)

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 11-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #8
rev_rage
I am Prelude

rev_rage has a spectacular aura aboutrev_rage has a spectacular aura about
Hey Sean I will be in need of a gasket soon!

B20a5 block/head
standard thickness
83mm bore

shipped to 56721

P.S. shoot me a qoute for a 4 layer also

Thanks
Old 11-14-2010, 12:53 AM   #9
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_rage View Post
Hey Sean I will be in need of a gasket soon!

B20a5 block/head
standard thickness
83mm bore

shipped to 56721

P.S. shoot me a qoute for a 4 layer also

Thanks
I dont recall a 4 layer, but I sent in the request to my Cometic rep. I will get back to you.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 11-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #10
rev_rage
I am Prelude

my bad on the the 4 layer, I need a gasket around the thickness range of .045

Last edited by rev_rage; 11-14-2010 at 02:44 PM.
rev_rage is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_rage View Post
my bad on the the 4 layer, I need a gasket around the thickness range of .045

Gasket Type: B20a5
Gasket Thickness: .045mm
Gasket Bore Size: ???

Price: $94.00
Shipping: $20.00

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 11-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #12
rev_rage
I am Prelude

email sent
Old 12-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #13
1funryd
Elite Member

Bump

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #14
lude_lover
Lude Cray

lude_lover is on a distinguished road
How do you figure out the bore and thickness size? Im looking for a oem replacement basically for a 92-96 JDM H22A
lude_lover is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #15
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lude_lover View Post
How do you figure out the bore and thickness size? Im looking for a oem replacement basically for a 92-96 JDM H22A
The two sizes that are OEM for MLS Headgaskets are:

Prelude 92-96 ..........................H22A1 DOHC VTEC 92-96
H22A2 DOHC VTEC 92-96 2157cc
2157cc ..................87mm ............MLS .030 ........C4255-030 ........$94.00

Prelude 97-Up ..........................H22A4 DOHC VTEC 97-Up
H22A7 DOHC VTEC 98-03 2157cc

2157cc ..................87mm ............MLS .030 ........C4252-030 ........$94.00

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 02-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #16
1funryd
Elite Member

Bump

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 04-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #17
1funryd
Elite Member

Bump

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 04-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #18
ShadowKing_05
I am Prelude

ShadowKing_05 will become famous soon enoughShadowKing_05 will become famous soon enough
I was wondering about these...

http://www.raceeng.com/p-12171-mls-g...5mm045-ea.aspx

They sell on raceeng.com for 83.18

Whats up with that?
ShadowKing_05 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #19
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKing_05 View Post
I was wondering about these...

http://www.raceeng.com/p-12171-mls-g...5mm045-ea.aspx

They sell on raceeng.com for 83.18

Whats up with that?
I can beat that price.

But you have to buy from me.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 05-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #20
1funryd
Elite Member

bump

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 05-16-2011, 09:33 PM   #21
coloradolude
Lude Dude

coloradolude is on a distinguished road
In need
coloradolude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #22
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradolude View Post
In need
In need of?? Please expound...

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 06-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #23
1funryd
Elite Member

Bump for a quality product.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 07-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #24
1funryd
Elite Member

Bump

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #25
89tsi2.0

89tsi2.0 is on a distinguished road
How much would the shipping be to toronto? 3gb20a5
89tsi2.0 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement