Some very cool pictures of my summer build - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
turbonetics1
Prelude Aficionado

turbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internet
Some very cool pictures of my summer build

turbonetics1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
turbonetics1
Prelude Aficionado

turbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internetturbonetics1 is the King of the Internet
Some very cool pictures of my summer build

JONATHAN's MEMORIAL.

THIS IS PRELUDEPOWER'S TRIBUTE FOR YOU BUDDY. THE SKY HAS ANOTHER STAR TO LOOK AT.

The 3 genners and the rest of the community will not forget you bro!

This is my h22 manifold, and also how you can bolt one to a b20a5 head.

This picture is after 8000 very hard miles with around 16psi. You can see the side load wear on the cylinders, but i guess its not really that bad because its very light at this stage. My first block only lasted 6 months and this is my 4th. Tight pistons are the key to building a long lasting b20. I expect this block to last around 50,000 miles

The picture of the head above has b18a ARP head studs. The stud kit comes with one washer, I just added an extra because the b18a stud are a tad longer than the b20a's. Also the center studs had to be cut down because they touched the cams. I only used the factory washer on the two center studs.

Can you see how beefy those splines are! This is a factory traction lock system, also note how I had to grind down the b20a5 block for the intermidate shaft, I wonder if there is a better clearance there on the jdmb20a block?

Last edited by hjdanzi; 12-10-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: R.I.P.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
tonybaker12
Ludacious

tonybaker12 will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Fucking badass. That's all i can say. The manifold is brilliant. The whole freaking thing is outstanding.

I've never seen that traction lock system before. It's incredibly strong looking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tonybaker12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
hybrid-luder

hybrid-luder is on a distinguished road
dude...um yeah i want your car...trade??..lol

would ya builda motor for me??
hybrid-luder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
tripleblacksi

tripleblacksi is on a distinguished road
wow i think i just wet myself...
fuckin sexy dude
tripleblacksi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 10:53 PM   #6
91 prelude si 2.05
Ludacious

91 prelude si 2.05 is on a distinguished road
dude you stole my paint jk but for real what is that color called cus it looks just like mine well the paint does other then that your car kicks my cars ass lol my color is sunburst orange met.

Last edited by 91 prelude si 2.05; 07-17-2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: dont want to sound like a asshole
91 prelude si 2.05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 10:57 PM   #7
Dexter
Prelude Aficionado

Dexter will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dexter Send a message via Yahoo to Dexter
Wow

Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #8
Dexter
Prelude Aficionado

Is that lip photoshopped on?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #9
MUlrich07
I am Prelude

MUlrich07 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MUlrich07

Prelude of the Month
cadster, is that your copper lude?? haha jk. awesome build though, hope this one lasts you 50k like you said.

get your BA Squad stickers Limited Time Only! ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST WHEN YOU POST -

BUY MY PRELUDE -

MUlrich07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 11:33 PM   #10
h22a_Tyler
RoboTron

h22a_Tyler is a jewel in the roughh22a_Tyler is a jewel in the roughh22a_Tyler is a jewel in the rough

i like what i see here.. love the color motor is clean everything is very well done.

1993 Honda Prelude Si

h22a_Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #11
jlude90
I am Prelude

jlude90 will become famous soon enough
i gotta admit, its very nice, but might i suggest heat blankets on the turbo, looks like you're getting alot of air right on the turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98VTEC
Its a bunch of fruitcakes in a pie that doesnt mix, with no baking experience.
jlude90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 12:08 AM   #12
Dexter
Prelude Aficionado

And the B20B cover sealing well?

Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 AM   #13
wjmj
3rd Gener

wjmj is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wjmj Send a message via Yahoo to wjmj

Awesome setup! I see the A/C is retained in your setup also. Does it still work well without the extra a/c fan?

'89 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 5spd (round 2)
'16 Subaru Forester Base 6MT (new daily)
'17 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R (Wife's)
'12 Kia Forte Coup SX w/Tech pkg (Daughter's)
'16 Yamaha FZ-07 (2 wheeler) (for sale)
'15 MV Agusta Stradale 800 (2 wheeler)
'09 Kawasaki KLX250SF (Thumper 2 wheeler)
wjmj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 AM   #14
StwoK81
Lude Dude

StwoK81 is on a distinguished road
what valve cover is that off of??? did the cover bolt on directly or did you have to modify it to fit? props to you!! looking good.
StwoK81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 12:17 AM   #15
danktank
I am Prelude

danktank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to danktank Send a message via AIM to danktank
lookin good man. how she runnin?

3g baby go twin carbs!
"if a square peg has more HP then its going in a round hole"
Quote:
Oh trust me... squishypanda can make micheal jackson black again.
my b20a3 to b20a build thread!

new power steering re-route kit: GB
danktank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #16
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Very nice bro, I especially like the fact that it retains AC!!!

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

(Clik Here)
Email:

(1Funryd - H22 Swap) - Ludcifer - INX - MustardCat(B20a)
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 01:02 AM   #17
4ws Ryan
Elite Member

4ws Ryan will become famous soon enough4ws Ryan will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month

that orange is badass man.

4ws Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #18
89'si4ws
Lude Addict

89'si4ws is on a distinguished road
Awesome for sure man, I was begging to doubt all you were saying.

Very nice and clean. I'm very envious of your lude.

Custom h22/b20 hybrid intake mani, chipped P06 ecu.
89'si4ws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 02:25 AM   #19
preludesialb
True Luder

preludesialb is on a distinguished road
damn

H22A OBDI in the beginning stages.
preludesialb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 04:56 AM   #20
Jaxluda
Getting Comfortable

Jaxluda is on a distinguished road
yeah that pretty tight! Good job bro.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:17 AM   #21
tripleblacksi

tripleblacksi is on a distinguished road
that valve cover make the motor look really good lol. Its from a B20B right? CRV motor?
tripleblacksi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 08:52 AM   #22
secluded luder
Banned

secluded luder will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to secluded luder Send a message via Yahoo to secluded luder

Looks great, but toxxic (iirc) had that VC on for a while and had some issues with it.
secluded luder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #23
turbonetics1
Prelude Aficionado

The color is somthing a painter and I mixed at the dealership around 3am. He could have got fired for having the car in their in the first place as they only allow new cars. No used cars in the down draft both! as for the color it started as a 96 acura cl orange pearl but was changed around a bit. I just ordered another 12inch fan and drier for a cooler A/c but otherwise is blows cold and it better as I replaced around 12 orings in the entire system. A/c is a must down here in south carolina as its hot and rains dam near every day. As for this block, it was milled very little along with the head for perfect trueness. I use studs for the best head seal as possible (as I have played the blowin head gasket game). I did have my whole turbo wraped and it made for problems as these are the first: It will keep your turbo hot longer so when you cut your engine off the turbo will be baking oil, It makes for some mean heat cycles and was the reason I cracked one turbo houseing and down pipe in the past. It just makes for more turbo rebuilds that are very expensive and time consuming, but It does work wonders for keeping the heat down and adds to a quicker spool because of heat retension in the exhaust side of the turbo. I have found its best to just wrap the down pipe and mabe make a band to go around the turbo to block the heat. That valve cover has never leaked any oil, and for the first time ever my block is dry! When I drop the cover on the head it stands about 3/16 high from the rubber gasket. When I tighten it it completely clamps down for a nice seal, never has leaked even though this has been said to me before. Who was the person that tryed the crv valve cover that didint seal? That valve cover isint from a crv, its from a 98 acura integra, do they have the same head? I dont know anything about that motor and mabe its different, so mabe thats why the crv cover leaks and mine doesint.

Last edited by turbonetics1; 07-17-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #24
full.circle
Elite Member

full.circle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonetics1 View Post
[Jason Bourne] Who are you? Are you Treadstone? [/Jason Bourne]
sorry, couldnt resist. that orange is b-e-a-utiful!

|

Quote:
Originally Posted by full.circle
Honda-Tech: the retarded little brother all other Honda forums are ashamed of
I hate on ricers all day, every day.
keep it real, keep it fresh. keep it real fresh.
full.circle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 09:25 AM   #25
Dexter
Prelude Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonetics1 View Post
The color is somthing a painter and I mixed at the dealership around 3am. He could have got fired for having the car in their in the first place as they only allow new cars. Not an old honda in the down draft both, as for the color it started as a 96 acura cl orange pearl but was changed around a bit. I just ordered another 12inch fan and drier for a cooler A/c but otherwise is blows cold and it better as I replaced around 12 orings in the entire system. A/c is a must down here in south carolina as its hot and rains dam near every day. As for this block, it was milled very little along with the head for perfect trueness. I use studs for the best head seal as possible (as I have played the blowin head gasket game).
What part of SC? I want a ride.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement