5 Years (about 40 images) - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude85 has a spectacular aura aboutPrelude85 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Prelude85 Send a message via MSN to Prelude85 Send a message via Yahoo to Prelude85

Prelude of the Month
5 Years (about 40 images)

So today makes 5 years since I got my Prelude. Decided to take some photos. And man she needs a paint job. . . also this isn't just a photo thread, so I'd hope the other mods will respect the fact that I have it here. So ya, I'll post some more in here it's just really late!

enjoy...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Archaic_Entity: Rick can't ban you. He's a mod, but he's about as serious as a Mexican on Cinco de Mayo.

O.G.Luden:Is a messican god! My future kids will write songs about him. The first born wil be named Prelude85.

kayla the geezy: Tu eres mi estrella.
Prelude85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2008, 02:04 AM   #2
boriqua
Lude Dude

boriqua is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to boriqua
amazing photos, amazing car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

grandmaster1004: Tu eres mi luna! <3

Colorado Prelude Forum:
boriqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 02:04 AM   #3
knifemind
Lord Magnum

knifemind will become famous soon enough

I'm a sucker for the black & whites... beautiful.

knifemind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 02:23 AM   #4
BB4_
Lude Boss

BB4_ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BB4_
That is so sick. I never seen the inside of your prelude before.

You need to win POTM again. :P

III M3
BB4_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #5
Eternai
True Luder

Eternai is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Eternai Send a message via MSN to Eternai
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB4_ View Post
That is so sick. I never seen the inside of your prelude before.

You need to win POTM again. :P
Its nothing to special

oh and rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9WQg3o718

hahaha

1997 Honda Prelude Base Model with Automatic/SS SOLD 7-14-08

Current Car :1994 Civic DX Hatchback

Last edited by Eternai; 06-18-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Eternai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 07:47 AM   #6
IllQueens1.8DX
Lude Addict

IllQueens1.8DX has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to IllQueens1.8DX Send a message via MSN to IllQueens1.8DX Send a message via Yahoo to IllQueens1.8DX
Your 2nd gen is immaculate...I miss my 2nd gen now...I am weeping now...

IllQueens1.8DX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
rjudgey
Prelude Aficionado

rjudgey has disabled reputation

Prelude of the Month
oh and rich

you talking to me!!! make my day punk
Old 06-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Send a message via AIM to Prelude85 Send a message via MSN to Prelude85 Send a message via Yahoo to Prelude85

Prelude of the Month
He's talking to me, Rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternai View Post
Its nothing to special

oh and rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9WQg3o718

hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllQueens1.8DX View Post
Your 2nd gen is immaculate...I miss my 2nd gen now...I am weeping now...
Thanks man but it's far from immaculate! I swear this camera brought out all the nastiness this car has. So many scratches on the hood and such the bumper is a little scathed. The left front little side trim if you look at the close up, you'll notice it's not aligned. It fell off and i glued it back on! The right side the trim is like borken! i got it like that though.

The close up of the door handle. Changed, that's not original. Got it from a junkyard. The colour is slightly off! In on of the interior shots, you can see the torn up seat. (I always have seat covers though. )

I must admit the photos look much better on a computer screen than on the HDTV, guess you can see the scratches more.

Thanks though man. I know you enjoy my photos. And it's greatly appreciated.

Archaic_Entity: Rick can't ban you. He's a mod, but he's about as serious as a Mexican on Cinco de Mayo.

O.G.Luden:Is a messican god! My future kids will write songs about him. The first born wil be named Prelude85.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #9
fullthrottle_man
Lude Boss

fullthrottle_man is on a distinguished road
Wish I could enjoy the photos!...all I got is red x's...

'87 Prelude DX
Believe me, it's faster than it looks...try hanging with me in the twisties...

Quote:
Aren't there like 3 people in Montana?

So that means what, 2/3rds of the population of Montana drive Preludes by my math.
fullthrottle_man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #10
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
I think you're the second person with this problem. . .hmmm

Old 06-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
JDM86lude
Banned

JDM86lude has a little shameless behaviour in the past
im thinkin u need to send those photos to honda
JDM86lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #12
rjudgey
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
talking to me punk

thought it was aimed at me as it was english accent on the cartoon oh well not to worry
Was quite a funny clip reminds me a little of me too!! So don't oh me anything you've been warned
Old 06-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #13
prelude2life_85
True Luder

prelude2life_85 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to prelude2life_85
thats one primo 2nd gen man. keep it safe!

prelude2life_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #14
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec_boost08 View Post
thats one primo 2nd gen man. keep it safe!
Thanks man. i think I'm gonna try my hardest to keep her in the garage from now on. The sun, dust, rain, bird crap, and wild animals jumping on and scratching my car is taking it's toll over the years. Seems like every week there's anew scratch. And the peeling paint on the hood roof and trunk isn't getting any better with all these elements.

Breaks my heart every time i see a new scratch or the paint getting worse.

Traveling in her will cease from now on. I got her with 107k miles, just recently got bumped to 130. I have other cars for traveling now. She can't take anymore bug debris either.

So, hopefully from now on instead of keeping this car in it's current condition, we'll see it actually being restored and modded. Thanks to fullthrottle_man the JDM flip up fogs can be installed. Hopefully in working order as well!!

many thanks to the lot of you who've helped keep my baby on the road and keep me inspired to keep her going. In another 5 years I'll hopefully have another thread.

Wow that's a long time thinking to it. . .lookin forward to it though!

Old 06-19-2008, 05:40 AM   #15
rjudgey
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
The lude

That and we would all miss the lovely pics you take
Old 06-19-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
prelude2life_85
True Luder

prelude2life_85 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to prelude2life_85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude85 View Post
Thanks man. i think I'm gonna try my hardest to keep her in the garage from now on. The sun, dust, rain, bird crap, and wild animals jumping on and scratching my car is taking it's toll over the years. Seems like every week there's anew scratch. And the peeling paint on the hood roof and trunk isn't getting any better with all these elements.

Breaks my heart every time i see a new scratch or the paint getting worse.

Traveling in her will cease from now on. I got her with 107k miles, just recently got bumped to 130. I have other cars for traveling now. She can't take anymore bug debris either.

So, hopefully from now on instead of keeping this car in it's current condition, we'll see it actually being restored and modded. Thanks to fullthrottle_man the JDM flip up fogs can be installed. Hopefully in working order as well!!

many thanks to the lot of you who've helped keep my baby on the road and keep me inspired to keep her going. In another 5 years I'll hopefully have another thread.

Wow that's a long time thinking to it. . .lookin forward to it though!
well as long as you don't forget that it is a car and it needs to be driven every now and then...

anyway, get some pics up of those JDM fogs when you get a chance... I've never seen them on a 2g.

prelude2life_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #17
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjudgey View Post
That and we would all miss the lovely pics you take
Aw, thanks. haha i haven't found any other car that's more fun to drive or take photos of after all these years. God forbid some unforeseen accident happens. . .otherwise im' keeping her forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec_boost08 View Post
well as long as you don't forget that it is a car and it needs to be driven every now and then...

anyway, get some pics up of those JDM fogs when you get a chance... I've never seen them on a 2g.
Ya, I've been using a motorcycle to get me around lately. So far it's done me well. but it's not replacing my Honda. Just that gas is so expensive!

I believe this is the only photo of the fogs "on" the car. haha

Old 06-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #18
interpol
Ludacious

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada,Locked in a basement by Boomoto
interpol has a spectacular aura aboutinterpol has a spectacular aura about
Happy anniversary. You honestly dont have to have a new paintjob. If I could find a 3rd gen like that id be more than happy.

interpol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #19
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
I suppose the scratches don't show in these photos, but she does. Everyone who's seen it in person agrees. It's a perculiar thing though. All the scratches are on the top of the car, not the side. IE the hood roof and trunk lid. The roof of the car has been stripped of all the paint to be honest! Luckily it sorta matches the colour. but still.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #20
MessyHonda
Lude Boss

MessyHonda is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MessyHonda
looks good...when is that 5 speed swap coming?

89 Honda accord lx-i

MessyHonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #21
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyHonda View Post
looks good...when is that 5 speed swap coming?
Soon as i have enough money! I don't like auto at all anymore. It was cool for just chillin while runnin around the city, but this is supposed to be a sporty car.

i kinda had the plan of buying a spare 2g with a stick to do the swap. Then i read about the 1g teggy tranny. So I think i'm going that route, i just need to read some more on it. I'm thinking within a year I can do this.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:34 PM   #22
89'si4ws
Lude Addict

89'si4ws is on a distinguished road
O.O
Oh man oh man! I've been craving the 2nd gens for some reason! I think that may be my second car(later on) there is just something about them! Seeing your spectacular and clean 2nd gen gah! I want to go to the meet so bad just to see it! Love the gauges! They are freaking nifteh! Man. Swap an accord b20a and manual, that 2nd gen will be a savage beast!

Custom h22/b20 hybrid intake mani, chipped P06 ecu.
89'si4ws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #23
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
haha! thanks man, well you'll be disappointed in person! Ah who am I kiddin, everyone still loves it despite the scratches. i love the gauges too. Those interior shots have been my idea for like 2 or 3 years now. Never had a camera that could do it though.

a b20a would be tight, but apparently my AB chassis needs to be modified to have it. (i'm sure someone will chime in and say i'm wrong. =P ) Right now doing an MT swap is what iw ant mroe than anything, well okay a paint job first.

I already have some wheels picked out and it will be dropped. I even have some nice mild engine mods laid out in my plans. Should be an exciting change for her!

gah, that's right. I wanna get a whole gasket set for the engine engine and get the AC working! That's basically all my plans. Well maybe hmm restore the interior. Well one day you guys'll see

Old 06-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #24
4ws Ryan
Elite Member

4ws Ryan will become famous soon enough4ws Ryan will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month

that engine bay shot is so sexy.

2009 calander photo!

anyways car is sexy as ever.

4ws Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #25
chrisedwards86
Lude Dude

chrisedwards86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to chrisedwards86
All it needs is the incredable foam spoiler, and it will be tough!
chrisedwards86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement