Feeler for AZ RACE A20 Billet engine Mounts - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Feeler for AZ RACE A20 Billet engine Mounts

As stated above, this is a Feeler thread for how many 2nd genners are willing to dish out some funding for Explicit Speed Performance to produce factory replacement Steel Welded Engine mounts. Explicit Speed Performance

Here are the 3rd gens Ludes that we just had them complete:

Motor Mounts: (These are for Reference purposes Only!)

These mounts are made of High Quality Steel, are stiff polyurethane bushing.

We are going to need a minimum number of you guys to produce this kit, I will keep this thread updated with all the current information as I get it. I will post up the minimum number for this project to get off the ground.

List Updated as of 3-13-2008 @ 3:17pm
1. rustlude87
2. JDM86lude
3. kyryeguy
4. EricW - 3Geez member
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
7. MessyHonda
8. TOLOUDNPROUD - 3Geez
9. thegreatdane - 3Geez
10. twhonza - 3Geez
11. Chrislude1982

Dropped out of the Welded mount buy:
10. Smeado
13. knifemind

Legallities

I need you all to understand, once I put your name down on this list after I have discussed with AZ Race the details and requirements for this project, you the buyers must be committed to this till the very end of the project. Which means, no pulling out!!!

**A Non-Refundabledeposit will be required to start this project once all details have been worked out. Even if some members pull out, due to whatever reason, their will be no refunds once AZ Race has started R&D and manhours into designing this kit. Those who drop will lose their deposits to actual time and money spent developing the kit.**

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(1Funryd - H22 Swap) - Ludcifer - INX - MustardCat(B20a)

Last edited by 1funryd; 03-13-2008 at 04:17 PM.
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
TWOLOUDNPROUD
True Luder

TWOLOUDNPROUD is on a distinguished road
What's the approximate cost.

LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hand
How can you trust some thing that bleed's for five day's and dont Die .
TWOLOUDNPROUD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOLOUDNPROUD View Post
What's the approximate cost.
I will not quote that until I talk to AZ Race tomorrow about this. I want to make sure I don't just go spuuing out the mouth without any proof to back it up.

I was able to get them to produce the 3rd gen mounts, for $350 a kit, but that was based on 20 minimum numbers, so I will see what they have to say about this one.

Not too mention, I must find out if they are available to do this project as well. I dont want to commit them to anything without them responding first.

Sean

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
rustlude87
Ludacious

rustlude87 has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to rustlude87
I'm in on this $350 is a good deal!
2000 S10 (daily) Needs to be dumped
rustlude87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
MessyHonda
Lude Boss

MessyHonda is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MessyHonda
i would be willing to buy some mounts. if you can bring this other to 3geez.com they will be willing to buy more mounts.

89 Honda accord lx-i

MessyHonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyHonda View Post
i would be willing to buy some mounts. if you can bring this other to 3geez.com they will be willing to buy more mounts.
Do you guys share the same mounts? This will help to push for this, as long as we get more people on this.

Sean

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #7
JDM86lude
Banned

JDM86lude has a little shameless behaviour in the past
holy cow its ABOUT TIME DEFANTLY PUT ME UP ON THE LIST MAN FOR SURE I BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG FOR THIS i dont think its fare if i want it and no one else wants them
JDM86lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
Chrislude1982
Lude Dude

Chrislude1982 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if the mounts for the b20a1 are the same? if so im in.
Chrislude1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #9
kyryeguy
Banned

kyryeguy is an unknown quantity at this point
put me down for one! base!
kyryeguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #10
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustlude87 View Post
I'm in on this $350 is a good deal!
You are added. I will work to keep the price at this cost, but be a flexible, especially if the numbers are weak on this project.

Quote:
posted by JDM86lude - holy cow its ABOUT TIME DEFANTLY PUT ME UP ON THE LIST MAN FOR SURE I BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG FOR THIS i dont think its fare if i want it and no one else wants them
Added.

Quote:
posted by kyryeguy - put me down for one! base!
I do not understand this post?? This is for the whole kit.

I spoke to AZ Race and they are willing to do this, but we need to have at least 10 committed to begin the any type of real movement to this project, and any type of negotiation.
So, the responsiblilty rely's on you guys to get the word out.

Quote:
posted by MessyHonda - i would be willing to buy some mounts. if you can bring this other to 3geez.com they will be willing to buy more mounts.
Messy, what do you mean?? Does the 2nd gen share the same mounts? If this is the case, I will bring this over to them as well, but I need your help in directing to proper forum and pushing this kit. I have been part of 3geez.com for a little while, because I used to own 86LXi Accord for the family car. IF you are serious, then lets make this happen.

Sean

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #11
89turboaccord
Getting Comfortable

89turboaccord is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
Messy, what do you mean?? Does the 2nd gen share the same mounts? If this is the case, I will bring this over to them as well, but I need your help in directing to proper forum and pushing this kit. I have been part of 3geez.com for a little while, because I used to own 86LXi Accord for the family car. IF you are serious, then lets make this happen.

Sean
3rd gen accord and 2nd gen prelude share the same motors and mounts.a20's
89turboaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #12
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89turboaccord View Post
3rd gen accord and 2nd gen prelude share the same motors and mounts.a20's
Well then that being the case, I need to extend this offer to the 3geez.com members as well.

Sean

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #13
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyHonda View Post
Messy, I started a Feeler thread over on that site, so lets get this party started.

Sean

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #14
knifemind
Lord Magnum

knifemind will become famous soon enough

What about A18s? I've never owned an A20...are they the same?
knifemind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #15
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

/\ Yes.

Sean, also the 84-85 Accords use the same mounts.
MustardCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #16
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardCat View Post
/\ Yes.

Sean, also the 84-85 Accords use the same mounts.
Thanks Dave, this is good news, that means we can add more people to the list if they want in.

Sean

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-15-2008, 01:33 AM   #17
kyryeguy
Banned

kyryeguy is an unknown quantity at this point
when i put base, i meant base model, even though there is now difference in the motor mount!
kyryeguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #18
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyryeguy View Post
when i put base, i meant base model, even though there is now difference in the motor mount!
Ok, good.. I was not clear about that.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #19
1funryd
Elite Member

Update

Ok we have added one more from the 3geez Accords.

Sean

List Updated as of 1-15-2008 @ 9:39am
1. rustlude87
2. JDM86lude
3. kyryeguy
4. EricW - 3Geez member
?????? Minimum to be determine by AZ Race.(to be updated later..)

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #20
cygnus x-1
I am Prelude

cygnus x-1 will become famous soon enough
Mmmm... not sure the mounts are all exactly the same. The picture here shows a different front mount for auto vs manual. They look different but I have no clue if they are functionally interchangeable.

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hond...omponent=B++47

The other mount only shows up in the parts list if you back out and select a manual trans car.

Just thought I would point this out as something to consider.

C|
cygnus x-1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #21
rjudgey
Prelude Aficionado

rjudgey has disabled reputation

Prelude of the Month
Mounts

Also the mounts on the carbed cars are different to the SI's not sure if they can bolt up the same or not? 3Geez mounts and 2nd Gen lude SI mounts should be the same though.
With a bit of redrilling and maybe tiny bit of welding should be able to use the SI mounts on carb the side mount is completely different though but thats not critical and i believe the dog bone bushes are still the same on all three?? can anyone clarify from 3Geez?
Old 01-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #22
rustlude87
Ludacious

rustlude87 has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to rustlude87
cygnus, the difference is that the Auto one is a solid mount
2000 S10 (daily) Needs to be dumped
rustlude87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #23
1funryd
Elite Member

Update

We are moving on up. Please guys continue with the feedback on what to watch out for with the mounts, because we want to make sure we address the issues plaguing the mounts.

I want to make sure we are clear, that both the 2nd Gen Prelude and 3rd gen Accord(84-89) Si Fuel Injected models share the same mounts?

Please if you have pictures post them up, the clearer the better.

Sean

List Updated as of 1-15-2008 @ 3:11pm
1. rustlude87
2. JDM86lude
3. kyryeguy
4. EricW - 3Geez member
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #24
1funryd
Elite Member

Update!!

We have added another 3Geez Accord member. I need the 2nd gens to help join in and move this. I know both sides will benefit, but the 2nd gens wanted this.

Come on guys I know there's more of you on here.

Sean

List Updated as of 1-15-2008 @ 7:10pm
1. rustlude87
2. JDM86lude
3. kyryeguy
4. EricW - 3Geez member
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
6. RobT5580 - 3Geez

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #25
cygnus x-1
I am Prelude

cygnus x-1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjudgey View Post
Also the mounts on the carbed cars are different to the SI's not sure if they can bolt up the same or not? 3Geez mounts and 2nd Gen lude SI mounts should be the same though.
With a bit of redrilling and maybe tiny bit of welding should be able to use the SI mounts on carb the side mount is completely different though but thats not critical and i believe the dog bone bushes are still the same on all three?? can anyone clarify from 3Geez?
I know the side mount is different but I don't know the specifics. I agree though that the side mount is a non issue because it really just locates the engine side to side. No real stress on it.

The front, rear, and dogbone mounts though are more important. The dogbone mount could probably done with an off the shelf part though since it's just a simple bushing and sleeve.

From what I can tell by the part numbers, the front and rear mounts are very likely compatible. On the DX 'lude the front and rear mounts are the same part #, although the number is different between MT and AT. Thing is the engine brackets are identical between MT and AT so they have to be compatible. So for the DX the same mount should work for front/rear/MT/AT.
For the SI 'lude, the rear mounts for AT and MT match the DX part #'s for AT and MT. So those should be the same. The SI front mount doesn't seem to match anything else though, at least the part # doesn't. It's the same for MT and AT though. So I guess someone would need to compare a front SI mount to any other Prelude mount. If they're compatible then a single mount would work for all engine and trans combinations.

Now I only checked the numbers for 1987 models but the 2g 'ludes should all be the same.

C|
cygnus x-1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement