The 85 Prelude Update - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-20-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude85 has a spectacular aura aboutPrelude85 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Prelude85 Send a message via MSN to Prelude85 Send a message via Yahoo to Prelude85

Prelude of the Month
Talking The 85 Prelude Update

So it's been awhile since I made a thread for my Honda so here it is. These photos have been taken over a period of time since January I believe. I hit 116K miles just recently, but it still runs as good as ever!

I got the 1G center caps and rings going on it, new grill which I'm most excited about. I also got the thing waxed just a couple of weeks ago so it's lookin good.

Here is the first of 'em, probably seen them around but not in a thread! As you can tell the Honda is very dirty here.

Old grill. . .

New grill. . .

One last mountain shot. . .

This is the most recent photoshoot done yesterday. We were hanging out in the worst part of town, so we had to hurry up before it got too dark. But you'll also get to see what my city looks like!

The water tower back there is like this cities pride and joy for some reason, it's always on the post cards.

This is by our train station, lot of old abondoned buildings, in the first photo you can see the damage to the fender. Not my doing=(

Here's the other side of the tracks, luckily we didn't run into trouble.

And our welcome to Fresno sign!

Photobucket is actin up, but when it comes back up, I'll post the other ones up! Let me know what you guys think.

And here's how bad my paint job is, I dare not show you guys any more, CLICK but it's only on the top of the car for some reason CLICK.

There are a couple more to come but I got to resize them and upload them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Archaic_Entity: Rick can't ban you. He's a mod, but he's about as serious as a Mexican on Cinco de Mayo.

O.G.Luden:Is a messican god! My future kids will write songs about him. The first born wil be named Prelude85.

kayla the geezy: Tu eres mi estrella.

Last edited by Prelude85; 05-27-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Prelude85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
Prelude4ws13
Preludepower Member

Prelude4ws13 is on a distinguished road

Rick, your 2nd gen is stoooopid-fresh!

So clean, so nice...ive always admired your Lude

excellent photos as well...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hate CYNICS.
90 Si B21a1

04 TSX 6mt
Prelude4ws13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2006, 01:26 PM   #3
Si Speed
The Good Stuff

Si Speed will become famous soon enoughSi Speed will become famous soon enough

So THATS where you've been...taking pics of the Lude Looks great man. Now just paint it lime green with black rims and get some really cool altezzas and obnoxiously loud exhaust and I'll bitch slap you! Haha...
Si Speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
UK Lude - Greg
Donates his big Member

UK Lude - Greg will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to UK Lude - Greg

Truely Great! Its soooo clean! Makes me want a 2g!
Old 05-20-2006, 02:50 PM   #5
SquishyPanda
I am Prelude

SquishyPanda has disabled reputation
very clean very oldschool
v2.5: Rebuilt B20A5 (Pretty much done. Idles funny, but runs and drives pretty OK.)
v3.0: Under Construction

Watches, Cameras and Cars. Boys never outgrow their toys. We just find more expensive ones to play with.
SquishyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Send a message via AIM to Prelude85 Send a message via MSN to Prelude85 Send a message via Yahoo to Prelude85

Prelude of the Month
Thanks for the comments.

Check this one out, got my dash cover going here. This is when it wasn't running so I got cleaning stuff up. Why I don't have the seats in. =P

Archaic_Entity: Rick can't ban you. He's a mod, but he's about as serious as a Mexican on Cinco de Mayo.

O.G.Luden:Is a messican god! My future kids will write songs about him. The first born wil be named Prelude85.

Old 05-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #7
Hprelude5R
2ludes 1s2000

Hprelude5R will become famous soon enoughHprelude5R will become famous soon enough

Looks good. Real clean.

I have no idea what is going on beneath the doors and quarters, the horizontal grooves/lines, but it fuckin rocks. 80's rocks baby.

116k on the odo? That's insane. That puppy has plenty of life left in her.

Any plans for her?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Hprelude5R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
SexyLudeGrl
TT driving lude fan

SexyLudeGrl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SexyLudeGrl Send a message via MSN to SexyLudeGrl

nice pics! i love your lude. makes me want a 2g too! glad to see you finally got to making this thread.

SexyLudeGrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2006, 09:08 PM   #9
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hprelude5R
Looks good. Real clean.

I have no idea what is going on beneath the doors and quarters, the horizontal grooves/lines, but it fuckin rocks. 80's rocks baby.

116k on the odo? That's insane. That puppy has plenty of life left in her.

Any plans for her?
Maybe do something like what's in my signature, I wanted to keep it stock and just repaint it. But I think I want to do some serious modifications, well not serious but something cool. And I hate it when cars are all show with a stock motor so if I want to go flashy i'll have to do some engine mods as well. but what you see in my sig may be the direction in which i'm heading.

I love the panels too, the woman i bought it from was really excited about them I had no clue what she was talking about. As far as i was concerned it was something all these cars had! I have close up shot of it in my garage it's photoshopped but you can see what they are like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLudeGrl
nice pics! i love your lude. makes me want a 2g too! glad to see you finally got to making this thread.
haha, nice to see that my lude has you guys thinking about getting a 2g! Yes i couldn't take it any longer, so i went out and did the stupid photo shoot. I still have to do the motion shot i told you about! It should be awesome. So look out for that one!

Last edited by Prelude85; 05-20-2006 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:42 AM   #10
Hprelude5R
2ludes 1s2000

Hprelude5R will become famous soon enoughHprelude5R will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude85
Maybe do something like what's in my signature, I wanted to keep it stock and just repaint it. But I think I want to do some serious modifications, well not serious but something cool. And I hate it when cars are all show with a stock motor so if I want to go flashy i'll have to do some engine mods as well. but what you see in my sig may be the direction in which i'm heading.

I love the panels too, the woman i bought it from was really excited about them I had no clue what she was talking about. As far as i was concerned it was something all these cars had! I have close up shot of it in my garage it's photoshopped but you can see what they are like.

haha, nice to see that my lude has you guys thinking about getting a 2g! Yes i couldn't take it any longer, so i went out and did the stupid photo shoot. I still have to do the motion shot i told you about! It should be awesome. So look out for that one!
If you ever decide to dig into the engine, HT had a built 2g several months back. I think it was putting down close to 200whp. Which is insane for the weight of the car.

Also, I'm sure there plenty of body mods that could be done with a bit of customization.

As far as paint goes? I'd hit that old charcoal grey color from the previous gen Lexus IS300.

Yea...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Hprelude5R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #11
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hprelude5R
If you ever decide to dig into the engine, HT had a built 2g several months back. I think it was putting down close to 200whp. Which is insane for the weight of the car.

Also, I'm sure there plenty of body mods that could be done with a bit of customization.

As far as paint goes? I'd hit that old charcoal grey color from the previous gen Lexus IS300.

Yea...
Who or what is HT? lol, I believe rjudgy (sp.) has a lude that put out 200hp, gorgeous beast it is! An engine swap would be nice, B series maybe. And body stuff will all have to be done by hand as no one offers stuff for these cars!

Here are some more photos that i have done in my driveway awhile back! Oooo
I don't have the rings on, so it looks a lil different also you'll see an unmodified image of those side panels. Note that I have the old grill, not so shiny. =(

Here's a couple photoshopped images. . .

Last edited by Prelude85; 05-23-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:51 AM   #12
CBS237

CBS237 is on a distinguished road
You only find them that clean when you get them from older people.
CBS237 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #13
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Aha, first photo of my engine!

The ET2:
This little 1.8L pushes out an amazing 100hp!

Old 07-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #14
2qu1k4u
Prelude Aficionado

2qu1k4u will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 2qu1k4u
he's talking about honda tuning magazine, i believe.

2qu1k4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #15
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2qu1k4u
he's talking about honda tuning magazine, i believe.
What no comment on my ride?

I think i know what car that is if it was in a magazine. The red Mugen 2g.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #16
2qu1k4u
Prelude Aficionado

2qu1k4u will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 2qu1k4u
you already know you have a clean 2g

2qu1k4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 08:11 PM   #17
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2qu1k4u
you already know you have a clean 2g
Thanks. =)

Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #18
IllQueens1.8DX
Lude Addict

IllQueens1.8DX has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to IllQueens1.8DX Send a message via MSN to IllQueens1.8DX Send a message via Yahoo to IllQueens1.8DX
nice 2nd gen, I had the exact same lude and color...hence my username...wish I had it back...

IllQueens1.8DX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #19
Prelude4ws13
Preludepower Member

Prelude4ws13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllQueens1.8DX
nice 2nd gen, I had the exact same lude and color...hence my username...wish I had it back...
Exactly Al.

My goal is to get that 85 and bring it back to standards...like this 2nd gen in Honda Tuning:

https://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...=230762&page=3

Rick u know how much i like your 2nd gen. Goooood Shiiiiieeeeet

Hate CYNICS.
90 Si B21a1

04 TSX 6mt
Prelude4ws13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 12:37 AM   #20
~sp33~

~sp33~ is on a distinguished road
Thats the cleanest 2nd gen ive ever seen. Wow.
~sp33~ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 08:05 PM   #21
m1k30rz
JDM fo lyf y0

m1k30rz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to m1k30rz

Extreemly nice mate!! Are the sidepanels custom? I've never seen them before!

Awesome looking lude!! Love it!

JDM 1990 Honda Prelude SiStates - B21A - 5 Speed!!
m1k30rz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #22
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Thanks.

I'm guessing the side panels are after-market stuff, I've never seen them on any other car.

Which makes my Prelude more rarer the SiStates!! lol j/k

Old 11-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #23
Zer0skll

Zer0skll is on a distinguished road
Nice car dude..And I bet it runs perfect! nice and clean and stock. I love it!! lol
Zer0skll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #24
Chief_Rocka
I am Prelude

Chief_Rocka will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Chief_Rocka Send a message via MSN to Chief_Rocka
That looks great man and I love the last mountain shot.

- Jabari -

Chief_Rocka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement