2G Prelude of the Year (2GOTY) - June 2010 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Vote for your favourate 2G lude !!!
rjudgey - Red Lude 10 31.25%
rjudgey - Blue Lude 13 40.63%
rustlude87 1 3.13%
kyryeguy 4 12.50%
seaside_bud 1 3.13%
Stangrcr1 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 03:11 PM   #1
fmn716
2G 4 LIFE !!!

fmn716 will become famous soon enough
2G Prelude of the Year (2GOTY) - June 2010

Welcome fellow 2nd Genners to 2G Prelude of the Year (2GOTY)

This post is intended for 2nd Gen ludes only, as there are too many 3rd gens to compete with in the POTM/POTY and with our limited amout of users compared to the 3rd Gens do we even stand a chance ?

Well I this is a Yearly event and voting will take place in November, I am still deciding on how to nominate the ludes but I have plenty of time to do that

I need someone to create the Graphic of this event, which would be part of the Profile/Sig

This thread will be reopened from the 1st of Nov - 1st of Dec for this time period only, due to spam and non related posts

If you have any Questions, Comments or Created that Graphic Please post it to Additions/Requests

I have decided on some rules for our Crowning of the 2GOTY

As this is the first year of this event I want the following rules to apply

1. No inactive or members with out 2nd Gens can take part
  2. Members vehicles must be in running order and their build must be completed by the end of September
  3. Unfortunately as this is the first 2GOTY, no entries of 2nd Gens who have won POTM/POTY will be allowed to take part
  4. Entries of ludes that are stock, will not be allowed, only modified ludes and if you bought a modified lude well then you are also excluded, the idea is that you should have put in some thought and opinion of the perfect 2G in your eyes
  5. Modifications will be reviewed when the moderators nominate the ludes
  6. Anyone can part take eg. ricers, racers, posers, the insane (like me), etc
Please note these rules are only for June only, as I want to promote an active member who has customized their lude and has not had a chance to achive a status of fame, there will also be another event at the end of the year

I will exclude myself to as I would not meet the above criteria and it would be unfair as I will be one of the judges, and my thinking is I want to involve some of the other moderators to help nominate the ludes

You will have to Post pics of your lude from April 10 the 1st -30th April, and not shitty pics from your phone they must be current and up to date

Once the 4 cars have been chosen, the final decision will be decided by the 2nd Gen members, if you are nominated you cannot vote.

So get your cars ready, as this is part of the 2nd Gen PP new look and motivation to help increase the popularity of a legend piece of machinery known as the 2nd Gen

Many Thanks George, another first for the 2G Community

Last edited by fmn716; 08-05-2010 at 03:30 PM.
fmn716 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
fmn716
2G 4 LIFE !!!

Ok Guys I have been thinking about this and I kinda feel guilty, as in this years 2GOTY there will not be any of the POTM luders in the event so I am gonna bend the rules...

Because I can lol

I think 1 year for these other guys is too long of a wait, so what I have decided to do is to open the event and the winner will be picked on the 2nd of June for the first event only !!!

There will be another event towards the end of the year

Every other event will be yearly

keep in mind that nominations will be at the end of this month, and no late entries the same rules do apply as I said before

I need at least 10 entries for this to happen

You are also allowed to elect your favorite luder that meets the above rules

Please post all entries to this thread

DO NOT Double Post an entry of a member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW V8 1 Series
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
rjudgey
Prelude Aficionado

rjudgey has disabled reputation

Prelude of the Month
Red

RED has had a few things done.
Interior: Mint SI seats front and back fitted, Momo gear knob and steering wheel, and a very rare Honda logo rubber anti slip mat that fits on top of the dash on the passenger side.
Exterior: B20A SI wheels with Falken tyres, rear mudflaps and PIA six LED extra bright side lights.
Suspension: Jamex Lowering springs.
Brakes: EBC green stuff on the front stock type disks all round.
Engine: Pipercams 272 degree cam, Carb mods, custom mandrel bent Exhaust system 2" with twin exit muffler, Custom made downpipe and half manifold, stock cast manifold ported and polished, Crane Cams ignition wires, Nology Silver resistorless spark plugs, air box mods and hot air feed removal.
Stereo: Pioneer deh-P77MP, Morel 4" mids and 1" tweeters hidden in the air vents.

Leaving this pretty much as it is for now maybe another set of wheels like CF-48 reps or similar period alloys. Still looking great for a 27 year old and looks like new inside and out only comes out when sunny to play!

Old 04-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
rjudgey
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
Blue

BLUE mods:

Everything modded except Paint which is still original on body except the bumpers. Still managing to keep the rust at bay and not get through to the outer panels but is becoming a loosing battle soon i think. Will have to take it off the road for a major strip down and rust protection and complete respray to bring back to new again.

As you all know the engine is silly does 1/4 miles in 14.5 seconds at 96mph.

Still more to come have a lovely A18 fully modded head with custom big valves and 285 degree cam. Engine now has higher compression A20 pistons not the old Patent A20A1 pistons and running in the rods are ACL race bearings.

The Exhaust is the weak link at the moment 2.25" piping but crush bent and a poorly made downpipe. This is all about to get replaced by 2.5" mandrel bent loveliness and custom Tubular stainless manifold.

The power comes from the head but this is only realeased because of the lovely Webers that are DCOE 45's and hand modified for more airflow and fuel. Uprated fuel system with competition Facet Red top pump and King filters regulator and filter built in with pressure gauge.

Nology resistorless silver plugs and Splitfire ignition leads with Capicitors on each lead on the plugs for more oomph!! Should fit a uprated coil really but allways seems to run great on the original setup!!

Brakes are monstrous never felt like fading once and rip your head off when you press them!! Amazingly work great off the stock DL master cylinder and boost valve. Disks are nearly 300mm by 28mm wide with custom brackets and ally bell housings with 4 pot racing calipers with 42mm pistons, have another set with 36mm. Ferrodo DS2500 and 3000 pads. Rears stock disk setup with Ferrodo pads.

Recently got new Cobra buckets and fitted those onto the stock frames with some new holes drilled and some extra bars fitted. Can move forward and backward for adjustment. Interior is all but gone except door cards but still need to work on taking out sound deadening and the rear parcel shelf which is a custom MDF 12mm shelf for 6.5" speakers, plus loads of extra sound deadening panels for when i used to have 2 huge subs in the back!! Last time at the scales weighed in at bang on 900KG's with fluids in the car. Reckon i can get that much lower again!!

Suspension wise Koni red shocks, AVO springs, new bushes in arms, poly tie rod bushes and packing washers inbetween the lower arms and forks, rear sway bar is gone and running stock front one. Although thinking of trying SI one in the back and front.

Tyres using Vredestein sportrac 3's which are great in wet good in dry on some nice clean 5 spokes although I'd like a nice light weight racing set of wheels preferably black ones. Team Dynamics pro race would be nice.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
rustlude87
Ludacious

rustlude87 has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to rustlude87

I accept lol

Engine Specifications:
  • A20a3
Engine Parts:
  • 92-95 Civic cold air intake
  • MSD Blaster 2 ignition coil
  • 4th gen accord map sensor
  • NGK blue spark plug wires
  • PVC catch can
  • 4 gauge ground wires
  • fully advanced timing
  • Delta 272
  • B16 manifold + 62mm throttle body
Fuel & Tuning:
  • Fuel Pressure regulator and gauge
Exhaust:
  • 2" exhaust downpipe
  • 2.25" Pacesetter cat-back (muffler cut off)
  • S&S header
Drivetrain:
  • A18 transmission
  • custom short throw shifter
Weight reduction & transfer:
  • gutted trunk and interior and took out everything I didn't need
  • Oh and the back seat
Suspension, Brakes,and wheels & tires:
  • Front- KYB GR-2's
  • Rear- Koni Adjustables reds
  • Ebay coilovers
  • Adjustable top hats
  • Koni front and rear sway bars (custom brass bushings)
  • Poly bushings front suspension
  • DOT 4 brake fluid
  • Stainless steel brake lines
  • Hawk HP+ pads
  • Brembo blanks
  • Auto x - Victoracer V 700 205/55/14
  • Daily - Rota Slips /Azenis 205/50/15
  • Track - Konig Daylights /Azenis 205/50/15
  • Pretty much my car is dumped
Interior:
  • battery relocation
  • Corbeau Racing seats
  • 5 point racing harness
  • Ebay steering wheel
  • MSD shift light
  • Pioneer deck
  • 6-1/2 3 way Pioneers up front
  • 6-1/2 3 way Pioneers in the back
  • 3rd gen prelude seats
  • B pillar bar
  • 5 panel mirror!!!
Exterior:
  • Black Spolier
  • rust
  • 3rd gen bumper swap
  • Yellow fogs
  • Autopal H4 Headlight housing
  • custom front lip
  • Blacked out turn signals

2000 S10 (daily) Needs to be dumped

Last edited by fmn716; 04-14-2010 at 09:49 AM.
rustlude87 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
kyryeguy
Banned

kyryeguy is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll accept with the green prelude...

Engine
  • 300+k Mile A20
  • Golden Eagle Adjustable Cam Gear
  • Web Stage 1 camshaft
  • adjustable Fuel pressure regulator
  • MSD SCI ignition box
  • MSD Blaster SS coil
  • Denso Iridium Spark Plugs

Exhaust
  • Pacesetter 4-2-1 Header
  • Custom 2.5 inch exhaust
  • Power 1 ebay Muffler
  • Zip Ties

Drivetrain
  • Dx tranny and driveshafts
  • Exedy OEM Replacement Clutch
  • Polyurethane shifter bushings
  • Stock long throw shifter
  • HKS shift knob

Suspension
  • Koni Yellow Adjustable front shocks
  • Koni adjustable inserts rear
  • Ebay adjustable perches
  • Eibach Race Springs 500lbs Front/ 600lbs Rear
  • Front adjustable extended Top hats
  • Front Koni 22mm Sway Bar
  • Rear Addco 19mm Sway bar
  • Poly Sway bar bushings
  • Poly Front Radius Rod bushings

Wheels, Tires, Brakes
  • 14inch MSW wheels w/ 225 Kuhmo V710s
  • 15inch Kosei K1s w/195 Dunlop Direzzas
  • Hawk HPS pads in front
  • Hawk HP+ pads in rear
  • Goodrich Stainless Steel lines
  • Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid

Interior
  • Blue Sparco Seat
  • Custom (by me) aluminum Seat rails/sliders
  • Ebay B pillar brace
  • Momo Steering Wheel and hub
  • 3inch 4point Latch Link Simpson Harness
  • Pioneer Headunit
  • Pioneer 4inch speaker fronts
  • No Speakers in the rear (shocks adjustment more important)
  • Black Spray painted Ghetto Windows rear

Exterior
  • One super ballin' ass paint job in Viper Green
  • White Hood, driverside fender, headlights
  • black front bumper, rear bumper, spoiler
  • a Koni Improved Sticker (by far the best exterior mod)

Hmmm Guess thats about it...

The reason This car should win is because it is a car that grows on you. This car has more character than any other prelude I have ever owned. More than both my red cars and my b16 powered white car put together... It was driven very VERY hard and took several SCCA SOLO2 wins, on top of being the FASTEST street tire equipped car at several races in several different Regions. Most notable accomplishment is the 1st Place and 2nd Place overall STS wins in two different regions, beating some of the best drivers in the south along with beating some of the best prepared cars in STS in the country. However, its biggest accomplishment have to be the fact that no matter what, you could not break that car. There was an event where My friend, my girlfriend and I were all co-driving the car. The car started overheating due to lack of Antifreeze. My co-driver (friend) didnt want to push the car with the Heat gauge pegged out, said that he just couldnt do it. So I, being the crazy bastard I am owning the craziest of cars, decided that it would be a resonable solution to just pull the fuse for the dash and race without it... Pushing the 300k motor to 8300rpm while overheating during our runs. I won that event, my co-driver took 3rd place in a borrowed car, and my girlfriend at the time was the fastest Ladies driver of the event that day... and we drove it home without any problems. This car literally defines what it means to own a Reliable Honda. This motor could not be broken, and all the times that i thought it was, it purely just wouldnt die, and would run better than ever before. This car was beyond amazing...

I know Rustlude posted pics of my car, so i'm going to go a step further and take you inside the car... with one of my favorite runs in this car ever. This was right after nationals when lots of STX cars, and STU cars came back with trophies from there national prepped cars. My car was the fastest, and most underpowered car on street tires and had by far the most miles... That alone is an amazing feat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRDEtIsgNmo

Last edited by fmn716; 04-14-2010 at 02:22 PM.
kyryeguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 02:19 AM   #7
seaside_bud
True Luder

seaside_bud will become famous soon enough
Engine:
A18 pretty much stock
Red valve covor
hallowed out cat
havnt got to building the motor up yet

Interior: pretty much stock with seat covors
a few small things painted red, kenwood cd/mp3 player,
15" pioneer premier

Exterior: 17 inch wheels , knock off mugan exhaust
Smoked corner lights, blue underglow in front
and blue neons in headlight housings,
h.e.d 8000k iceburg blue in projecter housing,

Suspension: Lowered with cut springs =/ other than that its stock

BONER

1983 2nd Gen. build

Last edited by fmn716; 05-07-2010 at 06:40 PM.
seaside_bud is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
Stangrcr1
Lude Addict

Stangrcr1 is on a distinguished road
Okay, fine. Here is my entry. Just realize I can't reveal too much.

Engine:
A20A3 with PJ pistons(less dish than PJ0)
5 angle valve job
swirl polished valves
and some other stuff
cheap cold air intake form Oreillys
2.25 exhaust/no cat/magnaflow straight through muffler with downturn exit.
MSD wires
MSD coil

Trans:

A2K5 with some work

Interior:

Stripped
6 point roll cage
Kirkey racing seat
Simpson 5 point harness
Quick release steering wheel
Si gage cluster and 3 Autometer gages(oil/water/volts)

Exterior:

Looks like Kevin Harvick's Nascar racer
No body moulding
no windows
no rear bumper cover

Suspension:

Quite a mix of parts
Tokico/KYB/and stock struts
Stock height due to running on rough track
No swaybars
Power steering delete

Wheels/tires:

15x7" American racing Estrellas with 205/50ZR-15 BFG G-Force Super Sport A/S fronts and 205/50/15 Falken Ziex ZE512s rear or
15x6" Saturn rims with 195/60-15 Goodyear Eagle GT fronts and Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole positions on the rear. Sometimes swap them front to rear.

Pics:

With last years paint and the American Racing rims:

And she started life her new life here:

And lots of parts came from here:

Why racing sometimes sucks:

Can you believe Discount Tire actually covered the above right front tire under Road Hazard warranty? I love Discount Tire.

And the pic most of my competitors see:

The Stuffed dog in the rear window area was a gift from the wife. She said he would be good luck. So far 50/50. He better get to work. Above is my truck, AKA the tow vehicle, and the wife's Ford Focus.

I was really hoping to get some action pics on the track, but since we got rained out the last two weeks, no action. Lots of time to get her ready for the championship run.

So racing pics from last year:

In need of DD Lude. Prefer 85 dual carb. Cheap.

85 lude dirt track racer A20A3 FI / A2K5 (sold)
86 lude dirt track racer A20/A18 hybrid dual carb / A1B5 <~RIP

Last edited by Stangrcr1; 05-02-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Stangrcr1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #9
rice_cracker
Hepcat

rice_cracker is on a distinguished road

Wow... I think the poll should be set on private!

Having said that, it's gonna take me quite a while to decide where to cast my vote, all very good contenders! Good luck guys!

rice_cracker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #10
rice_cracker
Hepcat

Everybody - it was a tough decision but I voted for Rich's Blue Lude:-

This car has been such an inspiration to me ever since I first bought my Lude and joined the forums, and Rich himself has been an inspiration, a teacher and a facilitator. Always so eager to help, and has given me a lot of advice so far. And also our cars are very similar... even though his is stratosphere blue and mine is arctic silver they look pretty similar. Soon they will be even more similar when I get those Webers screamin! Since I first saw Rich's weber set up, I knew this is something I wanted to strive towards.

So Rich's Blue has my vote.

To the others - good work for representing your ludes, they all look excellent and have had good work done to them.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #11
Old$koolLude
Banned

Old$koolLude will become famous soon enough
i also voted for rich's blue lude.. cleanest lude up there imo
Old$koolLude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #12
Stangrcr1
Lude Addict

Stangrcr1 is on a distinguished road
FYI, this will be the only time for this car for POTY. I plan on using her to her limits which will probably take a toll on the looks.

Is this a "pretty" contest? then I withdraw.

I built a bad ass prelude to RACE!

In fact, she may not even survive next Saturday.

BTW, show me another car here that has as much real racing experience under her belt that mine.

Posers suck.

In need of DD Lude. Prefer 85 dual carb. Cheap.

85 lude dirt track racer A20A3 FI / A2K5 (sold)
86 lude dirt track racer A20/A18 hybrid dual carb / A1B5 <~RIP
Stangrcr1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #13
rice_cracker
Hepcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangrcr1 View Post
FYI, this will be the only time for this car for POTY. I plan on using her to her limits which will probably take a toll on the looks.

BTW, show me another car here that has as much real racing experience under her belt that mine.

Posers suck.
LOL, don't take the competition personally man. Your lude was up high on my list just for those reasons you stated. So you are still racing her then? Going out with a bang?

Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #14
rjudgey
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
Track action

Lol Gran my stratosphere blue lude has been doing track work for the last 10 years been on most tracks in the UK and is used on the drag strip every other weekend most years apart from the year before when it was off the road for a bit with a blown piston as i had no time to fix. I've just allways been really good and keeping the body work looking good and the rust at bay although this year is starting to be a struggle think in another year will have to take off the road and do a proper restoration job but that will have to wait till I've finished project B20A thats still sitting in my garage in a million pieces!!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:21 AM   #15
kyryeguy
Banned

kyryeguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangrcr1 View Post

Posers suck.
I know my ludes dont have any fender to fender time... but i dont think anyone would argue that my lude isnt pretty... And i did build it for serious competition... among the Solo2 community... In fact... i believe that i have the most developed suspension outside of Dave Grans (which is nearly identical to mine only fully worked over by KONI) Just sayin', leave me out of the poser comments...
kyryeguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #16
fmn716
2G 4 LIFE !!!

BUMP

Need more votes and comments

This is only a temp move as it will be moved back to the 2G forum

Thanks

BMW V8 1 Series
Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 AM   #17
fmn716
2G 4 LIFE !!!

Ok so I moved this thread to various sections in the forum and It totally got raped in the off topic section lol

Well did get more votes so it was a good thing I have also merged the posts as it was off topic

BMW V8 1 Series

Last edited by fmn716; 05-27-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #18
JDM86lude
Banned

JDM86lude has a little shameless behaviour in the past
hey guys i wanted to let u knw that i wanted to use my red lude but sadly it dont have a motor in .plus im to late aww man im sad i cant aply
JDM86lude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2010, 09:03 PM   #19
copternadley

copternadley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmn716 View Post
Ok Guys I have been thinking about this and I kinda feel guilty, as in this years 2GOTY there will not be any of the POTM luders in the event so I am gonna bend the rules...

Because I can lol

I think 1 year for these other guys is too long of a wait, so what I have decided to do is to open the event and the winner will be picked on the 2nd of June for the first event only !!!

There will be another event towards the end of the year

Every other event will be yearly

keep in mind that nominations will be at the end of this month, and no late entries the same rules do apply as I said before

I need at least 10 entries for this to happen

You are also allowed to elect your favorite luder that meets the above rules

Please post all entries to this thread

DO NOT Double Post an entry of a member
Nice idea here sir. I'll support this
copternadley is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #20
fmn716
2G 4 LIFE !!!

Well done Rich on your Blue lude

I am in the Process of creating your 2GOTY Graphic for your profile so please be patient

Once again all you guys are truly an inspiration and make this forum Great

Thanks and keep up the good work on your ludes !!!

BMW V8 1 Series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread