Honda Prelude Forum banner

OFFICIAL Fabrications & Conversions Thread

122K views 413 replies 80 participants last post by  johnpery 
#1 ·
I just wanted to post this thread for those who want to make their prelude a little different in their own way. Please only post only positive comments and photos of your own custom work thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
4th/5th gen bumper conversion:
these are some photos i took while i was making my bumper. First i bought a 4th and 5th gen bumper cut the very top of the 5th and the lower end of the top of the 4th. Just right above the mouth flush with the top of the blinkers. Next used screws to hold the bumpers together as i test fitted onto the car. I made sure to put the 4th gen inside of the 5th for fitment because the 4th is the original.

Next i grinded down the area where the bumpers joined front and back. Then took a urethane welder (like a hot iron) and melted the two bumpers together using welding sticks and cut off pieces of scrap from the 5th gen top half.

After i welded the front and back i grinded again and laid some fiberglass over the welds to reinforce the welds. I did this to limit flexing and strengthen the bumper. As soon as I was finished with that i laid some light weight body filler.

Then i sanded the bondo till it was ready to primer.

After primering I touched up with glaze putty then wet sanded to get ready for paint.

finally painted the bumper with oem black pearl. And this is the final product. It came out just as i thought it would. I like it. Please note that this was just a briefing on how i did my bumper. there was steps in between that i may have not included. If your going to try this please get the assistance of a experienced body worker. Please post pictures of your custom prelude work to keep this thread alive. thank you.

This post has been deleted
#12 ·
the vents is a common porblem just gotta pop them past the bumper or if theyre bolted right put the bumper on after the vents installed this happened to me when i first got my car just finagle them till theyre in proper spot and the hood just looks like he needs to turn the little rubber gromets down some.u gotta admit the look of the bumper is kinda cool tho man

#20 ·
5th Gen Sunroof w/ shade: (in no specific order)

Spoiler (of the "heavily modified G35" variety)

Painted soon...along with whole car?

#187 ·
5th Gen Sunroof w/ shade: (in no specific order)

Spoiler (of the "heavily modified G35" variety)

Painted soon...along with whole car?
I know this is an OOOOOLD post but im very curious on how you did it keeping the inner block slider (whatever its called) with the sunroof?

I wanted to do the glass sunroof but i hated how it was always glass and didnt have the sliding piece to shade it when i didnt want the sun to come through like my 95 civic had. Just curious if you have a write up or a link on the tutorial to do that.

I just bought a crap tons of parts for my lude (5k worth) and will be starting a build soon once i get my motor bike running. Cant wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.