Install accord lip kit with OEM prelude mud guards on? - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
91Acer

91Acer is on a distinguished road
Install accord lip kit with OEM prelude mud guards on?

I have searched the accord lip kits installed on the 91 prelude and saw no mudguards on. Will I have to take these off in order to install side skirts? Will it look better with or without?
91Acer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
btnhfool

btnhfool is on a distinguished road
Hmm id think it would look pretty cool, as long as its clean, maybe you'd have to cut something. your choice.
btnhfool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
team123luder
Elite Member

team123luder has a spectacular aura aboutteam123luder has a spectacular aura aboutteam123luder has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to team123luder Send a message via MSN to team123luder

Prelude of the Month

NO!!!!!!!!!!! Squishypanda tried this with the 5th gen base model lip kit.... it looked like ass.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
team123luder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
91Acer

If done properly it might look good...?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
team123luder
Elite Member

team123luder has a spectacular aura aboutteam123luder has a spectacular aura aboutteam123luder has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to team123luder Send a message via MSN to team123luder

Prelude of the Month

Oh trust me... squishypanda can make micheal jackson black again.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

team123luder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
91Acer

Hmm... I wonder if there will be any rust under those old guards... How do i get them off, few bolts here and there?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:14 PM   #7
Toxxic
Prelude Aficionado

Toxxic is a jewel in the roughToxxic is a jewel in the roughToxxic is a jewel in the rough

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by team123luder View Post
translated for you noobs...

if squishypanda cant do it.... you cant do it any better.

the 3g

My 5g build thread-

The Corrado vr6-T build-

Toxxic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #8
91Acer

Haha alright I'll see what I can do about those guards
Old 03-31-2008, 10:21 PM   #9
91Acer

When going to a junkyard... What tools will i need to remove a full lip kit from an accord?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
zelseman
I am Prelude

zelseman is on a distinguished road
phillips and flathead screwdriver, and and 10 mm socket or wrench

zelseman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 11:37 PM   #11
Toxxic
Prelude Aficionado

Toxxic is a jewel in the roughToxxic is a jewel in the roughToxxic is a jewel in the rough

Prelude of the Month
the bolts are hard as shit to get to to get it off...

so take a pair of snips or a really sharp blade and cut through the bumper all the way across about 2" above the lip.

it'll make it a lot easier to get to the bolts. especially if the car isnt that high off the ground.

the 3g

My 5g build thread-

The Corrado vr6-T build-

Old 03-31-2008, 11:55 PM   #12
Hondamonster
toguetastic

Hondamonster will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxxicLuder90 View Post
the bolts are hard as shit to get to to get it off...

so take a pair of snips or a really sharp blade and cut through the bumper all the way across about 2" above the lip.

it'll make it a lot easier to get to the bolts. especially if the car isnt that high off the ground.
nice.
thats what you pay an "environmental fee" for... breaking stuff.

one time i wanted a 3rd brake light, so i bashed the rear window out. nobody buys those anyways.

Hondamonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #13
Toxxic
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondamonster View Post
nice.
thats what you pay an "environmental fee" for... breaking stuff.

one time i wanted a 3rd brake light, so i bashed the rear window out. nobody buys those anyways.

Its like the saying, "If a tree falls in the woods with no one around, does it make a sound..???"

well, if nobody sees me................I didnt do it.

& lol at the 3rd brake light comment. You do know its only like 2 bolts from the inside of the trunk right???

the 3g

My 5g build thread-

The Corrado vr6-T build-

Last edited by Toxxic; 04-01-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #14
danny_d19
Jimmy Rustler

danny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internet

Prelude of the Month
Ludapower had 1 accord skirt installed with the mudflap on

danny_d19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #15
CADster
Kickass truck missed

CADster will become famous soon enoughCADster will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month

you can either hack the skirts the fit the flaps or hack the flaps to fit the skirts.
(i have hacked flaps)

Last edited by CADster; 04-01-2008 at 09:02 AM.
CADster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #16
Toxxic
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
god damn that is one sexy piece of machinery.

the 3g

My 5g build thread-

The Corrado vr6-T build-

Old 04-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #17
91Acer

I like what ludapower did... fitting it with the flap. that looks very clean. What about the rear flap?

Last edited by 91Acer; 04-01-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:13 PM   #18
danny_d19
Jimmy Rustler

danny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internetdanny_d19 is the King of the Internet

Prelude of the Month
It shouldn't be hard to figure out... instead of cutting the lip to line up with the edge of the bumper, cut it to line up with the edge of the mudflap

danny_d19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #19
Hondamonster
toguetastic

Hondamonster will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxxicLuder90 View Post
Its like the saying, "If a tree falls in the woods with no one around, does it make a sound..???"

well, if nobody sees me................I didnt do it.

& lol at the 3rd brake light comment. You do know its only like 2 bolts from the inside of the trunk right???
well yeah, but why pass up an opportunity to break something? havent you heard that 3g rear glass is like $600 to install? its really baller status when you break expensive crap.

and im liking the look of the flaps on with the skirts. seems like it would be more secure and looks good the way those guys did it. did cadster or ludapower use any kind of adhesive to make it permanent?

Hondamonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #20
91Acer

Ya thats what I'm wondering, is it secured to the flap at all?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #21
CADster
Kickass truck missed

CADster will become famous soon enoughCADster will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month

no.. the flaps are just hacked to not interfere with the skirts.

it looks ok, but im not keeping the skirts or flaps most likely.. dont know, not got to the body phase yet on that car.

CADster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #22
91Acer

What do you mean by "Hacked"
Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #23
justdhizpinoy

justdhizpinoy is on a distinguished road
Quote:

HAHAHAH wow.
justdhizpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #24
danktank
I am Prelude

danktank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to danktank Send a message via AIM to danktank
Quote:
omg this is one of the funniest posts ive ever read! i thnk cads set up looks great! if you wanna keep the flaps do it exactly like that! props to cadster never seen the back of your car like that! totally filled the cup when i saw dat ass!! -' )

3g baby go twin carbs!
"if a square peg has more HP then its going in a round hole"
Quote:
my b20a3 to b20a build thread!

new power steering re-route kit: GB
danktank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #25
danktank
I am Prelude

danktank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to danktank Send a message via AIM to danktank
hehehe so good its got to be done! sig'd

3g baby go twin carbs!
"if a square peg has more HP then its going in a round hole"
Quote:
my b20a3 to b20a build thread!

new power steering re-route kit: GB
danktank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement