Honda Prelude Forum banner

Third gen going from a B20A5 to a B16C with the stock D2E4 trans

799 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Dead_End 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a Lude and I’m in love with it I’m just curious on how difficult that swap would be and if it is at all possible to bolt up a B16 to my stock trans. I’m willing to work and learn I’m just not sure what is possible at this point and time

#2 ·
It's not possible.https://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440074

The b-series in the 3g prelude is not the same b-series used in other Hondas. It doesn't share parts and you can't bolt the 3rd gen transmission to the b16 block.

You might want to do some more research on this chassis before deciding to keep it because building a 3rd gen is significantly more expensive than civics/integras.

If you want a "regular" b-series in your car you will need to use a different transmission and get a new mount brackets made by 1funryd:

#4 ·
Sounds like you have an SiTCV LSD transmission. If you have an actual SiTCV and not just the trans, I wouldn't mess with it. That's unicorn right there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.