3rd Gen_ Black Majik Steering-H22 Swap....long story! - Page 4 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:23 AM   #76
KAOS_2.0SI
True Luder

KAOS_2.0SI is on a distinguished road
https://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=370018

go vote for him! WTF. can't believe your not winning this one...
KAOS_2.0SI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #77
ejd715
Lude Addict

ejd715 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ejd715 Send a message via Yahoo to ejd715
Thanks guys for all the props!

Car is currently still at the shop. The guy decided to close down his shop however, he is finishing all the needed work that is left behind, so i should get this thing back in about a week or so. I cant wait to get it back on the streets again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project Black Majik Steering
1988 4WS H22 Swap is running!!!
1989 4WS 27k miles all stock!!!
ejd715 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #78
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejd715 View Post
Thanks guys for all the props!

Car is currently still at the shop. The guy decided to close down his shop however, he is finishing all the needed work that is left behind, so i should get this thing back in about a week or so. I cant wait to get it back on the streets again!
Man you have had issues with this project one after the other...

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:

(1Funryd - H22 Swap) - Ludcifer - INX - MustardCat(B20a)
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #79
ejd715
Lude Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
Man you have had issues with this project one after the other...
Its a combination of lack of time and incompetent mechanics/low priority. It will be ready for the streets next week for sure!

Once i have it back and after my deployment to Afghanistian, i will be getting the suspension all taken care of-Coilovers and bushings all around. After that, its paint and body work.

By next summer, it will be something i will be prowd to take to meets/shows. Updates all along the way will be posted.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #80
3Rd_gEn_sI
Lude Addict

3Rd_gEn_sI is on a distinguished road
Yo man congratulations on winning POTM! Well deserved.

1990 Honda Prelude Si Sold.
1991 Honda Prelude 4ws 2.0
Daily

3Rd_gEn_sI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #81
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Rd_gEn_sI View Post
Yo man congratulations on winning POTM! Well deserved.
Yeah sorry bro, congrats on your win.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 09-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #82
ejd715
Lude Addict

Greetings from Afghanistan!

So, small update. Just before i left the states, the guy who is finishing the car asked me if i wanted to get the car re-painted. I told him "yes" i was actually thinking about doing that. So, When i get back, i will have a properly running car with a new paint job. Just going to do OEM Blackhawk pearl. I saw some of the guys work and its really good.

im pretty excited to say the least!

Old 09-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #83
ScubaSteve82103
Lude Addict

ScubaSteve82103 will become famous soon enough
I just got back from Afghan! Stay safe and kill bad guys.
Looking forward to seeing the new paint. Mine will be getting painted here soon. Should have been done already but that stuff never works out for me. lol.

01001011 01000011 01000011 01001111

ScubaSteve82103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #84
ejd715
Lude Addict

yea, im pretty excited to say the least! something to really look forward to after this deployment.

however, this has turned into the eternal project. I started this whole idea back in 08 and it will finally be "complete in 14. I am one to not give up on projects.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:16 AM   #85
ejd715
Lude Addict

Thread alive....AGAIN!

So to make a long story short, this project has been nothing short of overly-long and a nightmare. The car basically was at a shop for over 2 years for repaint and to get it running properly. I got the car back in my hands about a week before I was to move to St Louis. Lots of issues still with the car which I will discuss.

The car was given back to me tuned on Hondata S300. However, it only put down 166 WHP. The car sat in my wife's mothers garage for 2 weeks before being hauled to St Louis.

Got the car to St Louis-windows locks and mirrors don't work. Had to pull the door panels off and re-connect them. The idiot didn't re-connect them before he put the door panels back on.

As I was on the highway headed to my buddies house to install my K-sport Coilovers, the trans popped out of 5th gear. This trans didn't have any issues before I did the motor swap and was never driven until recently. SO, my assumption was that the transmission was either swapped while it was at the shop (guys were really shaddy cats) OR the fluid was gone and driven on dry. I can only assume, but regardless, the car needs a tranny. 2nd gear whines so bad it sounds like a supercharger and the aforementioned 5th gear pop-out.

One other problem, the crank pulley hits the A bar of the suspension on hard bumps. I do have an ESP traction bar so I think that will remedy the issue.....? If not, I may ground down the A bar, reinforce it or try to find a slim line H22 Pulley w/power steering to use.

Also, to my ears (and my friends), VTEC is not engaging. Maybe that's why it only put down 166 WHP.

I will take a ton of pics today and upload them soon.

Any advice/recommendations are welcome here.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:04 AM   #86
budo91lude
Getting Comfortable

budo91lude is on a distinguished road
Welcome back

Sorry to hear of all your troubles, but welcome back and I hope you're happy in St. Louis.

I'm starting on my own H22A swap into a '91 Si. I hear ya on the mechanics issues. Before this project I'd done all my own sourcing of engines and all other parts (just Jeeps up to now). This is totally different (and takes a lot longer!) having to depend on everybody else.
budo91lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #87
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

LudeAEM is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LudeAEM
I am going to attempt to keep this thread up to date as I am the new owner of this gem. Thanks to Eric for making this a smooth transaction as I told him I would keep him updated.

I've only had the car a few weeks (trailored it from STL to Indy)

Since getting it home I've addressed/tweaked the following:

- Installed traction bar. Now the crank pulley does not rub the trailing arm. I don't know how some of you h22 owners DON'T have an issue without it.
- Welded in a battery tray in the trunk
- 195/50/15 BFG Comp2 summer tires
- Flushed all fluids (Oil, transmission, brake, clutch, and radiator)
- Tinkered with coilover height. Now has a 1/2" rake
- Installed the mustardcat strut bar in the rear
- Installed BT radio even though it has no power. Chasing that issue down currently.
- Adjusted the intake. I wasn't a fan of the filter placement as it just sucks hot air from the radiator. I will probably eventually do a true fender CAI.
- Installed new front bushings (upper and lower ball joints and new tie rods). I was going to install some of the urethane bushings Eric included but the shop i took it too get it pressed out did not have any luck so I said screw it. The rubber is in good enough shape for now.
- Shift adjustment. Eric mentioned a 2nd gear whine and 5th gear pop out. I have not had any issues of this sort but I did notice almost NO fluid was in the tranny when swapping fluid. No bueno.
- Alignment coming this weekend.

Near future plans:

- Wetsand the terrible orange peel and compound/polish/wax.
- The engine has a terrible supercharger whine that is independent of the transmission. From researching it is due to the timing belt tensioner being too tight. I will most likely address this issue this winter.
- Install resonator (wayy too raspy for my liking). I may actually put a OEM muffler on it to be stealth but I'll see how it sounds after the resonator.
- Paint window trim
- Respray header
- Lots of little odds and ends. The goal with this car is to keep it clean.

Last edited by LudeAEM; 06-19-2017 at 07:26 PM.
LudeAEM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2017, 10:39 AM   #88
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
Lude AEM, what part of Indy are you from? There is fellow prelude owner down there named Brandon, he has a bb6 Turbo prelude.

Anyway, great to see continuing on with the build of another and keeping another lude on the road!!

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #89
b4_si-t
Getting Comfortable

b4_si-t is on a distinguished road
This is a clean prelude. Nice job on scooping it up. Glad to see another enthusiast with it!
b4_si-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #90
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouckarooo View Post
Lude AEM, what part of Indy are you from? There is fellow prelude owner down there named Brandon, he has a bb6 Turbo prelude.

Anyway, great to see continuing on with the build of another and keeping another lude on the road!!
I'm in a 'burb of the NW side. I'll probably take this to a few cars and coffee and maybe a show here and there once I wetsand the orange peel out.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:13 PM   #91
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

Small update for those interested.

I lost my job a few months ago and contemplated selling it and just going down to one car. In the end, it is just too unique to get rid of and cheap (compared to the Corvette I just got rid of).

OEM Euro R bronze tinted shift knob
Red stitched leather shift boot
Momo Monte Carlo with red stitching (350mm)

I have also been refurbing the trim work on the car and it is already looking great.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:16 PM   #92
85PreludeDX

85PreludeDX is on a distinguished road
Looks clean
85PreludeDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2018, 10:06 AM   #93
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

Quick update. A lot has happened in my life since getting this car including moving to Greenville SC but I still have it and have been tinkering with it every now and again. Some notable additions:

- Hytech replica header
- 2.5" exhaust with high flow cat, vibrant resonator. Not too loud but still kind of haggard. Will redo sometime next year.
- Aluminum radiator with two 12" slim fans
- Walbro fuel pump
- Garfields 22mm rear sway

This Tuesday I have a dyno appointment and will FINALLY get this bastard tuned. It will be on a mustang dyno so probably won't read too high. I'm guessing around the 170 whp area. I will post results next week.

This car needs to be raised because this damn H22 sits too low and my new header didn't help haha. I have done some minor mods to the header to help with clearance but I plan to do 17" RPF1s with a 205/50 tire. From the calculations, it should give me about 2.5" of clearance which will make this car more enjoyable aka not cringing when you see a dip in the road.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:47 PM   #94
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

You could try 1Funryd's traction bar with the skid bar option. I know his has taken some hits and is still holding up.

I don't know if you ever saw my original H swap thread but on my Hytech replica I was able to trim the tubes at the slip joints and make it hug the oil pan much closer.
MustardCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2018, 10:46 PM   #95
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

That's exactly what I did to my header. Helped but doesn't hug the pan as much a as it could. Any more trimming I would have to have the trim off the welds. I've seen the skid plate but to me it didn't cover enough. If anything I may fab up something in the future.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #96
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudeAEM View Post
That's exactly what I did to my header. Helped but doesn't hug the pan as much a as it could. Any more trimming I would have to have the trim off the welds. I've seen the skid plate but to me it didn't cover enough. If anything I may fab up something in the future.
You dont need an entire plate under the car.

1. I will look absolutely hideous.
2. It adds unnecessary weight.
3. My skid bar is designed similar to the OE but way stronger.
4. If you put a skid plat it will catch on things on the road which my Skid bar does not.

When designing the skid bar I took into account all normal daily driving scenarios and this was the most affordable and durable of the designs.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 08-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #97
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
You dont need an entire plate under the car.

1. I will look absolutely hideous.
2. It adds unnecessary weight.
3. My skid bar is designed similar to the OE but way stronger.
4. If you put a skid plat it will catch on things on the road which my Skid bar does not.

When designing the skid bar I took into account all normal daily driving scenarios and this was the most affordable and durable of the designs.
Let me see your skidplate mounted on a car.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:02 PM   #98
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudeAEM View Post
Let me see your skidplate mounted on a car.
Its been in use since 2006 on all my traction bars orders who purchased it.

I dont remember if the previous owner purchased my traction bar for that swap though...

It only works with my traction bar.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 08-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #99
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

Ground clearance! Initial gains appear to be in the 1.5-2" range. It's meaty, but will grow on me I think. I haven't touched the coilovers either so I'm sure I'll tinker with that in time. Either way, I dig it! I better for the price!

17x7, 43 offset with 205/50 General Gmax RS tires. The total combo weights about 3/4 lb lighter per wheel than the 15" Civic Si wheels with 195/50 tires. Not bad.

Last edited by LudeAEM; 08-14-2018 at 05:24 PM.
LudeAEM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2018, 05:50 PM   #100
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

Looks good. Our cars may end up looking similar I was planning on having my knockoffs powder coated a bronze or copper next time I replace the tires.
MustardCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement