..::: 5th Gen Newbie - Q&A Thread :::.. (New Members, PLEASE CLICK HERE) - Page 4 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #76
RedLude98
Elite Member

RedLude98 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RedLude98

Quote:
urm... to install a CAI in the prelude, correct me if im wrong, but all you hvae to do is remove the resonater and that'll open up space for u to slide the CAI right in...
No, the intake could'nt possibly slide through that tiny hole left from the resonator tube, it has to be drilled out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedLude98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #77
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

itsdchlorine is on a distinguished road
o really? wow lol... learn something new everday...
thanks for clearing it up...
itsdchlorine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2007, 01:04 AM   #78
poet
the 'lude makes me poor.

poet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiserdude View Post
they're copper vs. iridium. Wanna know why that's better for your average street car? Just ask.
i'll bite, why?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

back presure is never, ever a good thing!

poet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #79
poet
the 'lude makes me poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98inthe530 View Post
anybody got the buddy club v con?
no and for good reason. not really much there good for.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:07 AM   #80
poet
the 'lude makes me poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdchlorine View Post
for those tat dont know... i was involved in an accident...
https://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256200
but my question is...

my 5th gen's frame is bent inwards... if u guys can make it out from the pictures..
so... is it possibel for our frames to be reworked/bent back instead of it being replaced...?
also... is it expensive to do tat?
they can be dependeng on how bad the damage is, yes it's gonna cost.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:31 AM   #81
Prelude Prince

Prelude Prince is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiserdude View Post
Get the NGK ZRF611's from sparkplugs.com. They're the same heat range as stock, except they're copper vs. iridium. Wanna know why that's better for your average street car? Just ask.
Why is the copper better than the iridium?
Prelude Prince is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2007, 07:36 AM   #82
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

its cheaper.... no... lol... jk.... i want to know too....
Old 02-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #83
blackpreludesh

blackpreludesh is on a distinguished road
haha this is a stupid question but just to make sure...how do you use the prelude cruise control for 5th gens? i pressed the cruise button and then pushed in the set button on the steering wheel. but it didnt work. i just wanna make sure im doin it right before i decide it doesnt work.
blackpreludesh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #84
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

Cruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Cruiserdude

On Spark Plugs

http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ic/ic120214.htm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That should give you some good basic info on different types of spark plugs. While one can't definitively say that one specific type of spark plug is better than all comers, copper tends to be the best for most of our setups. For one, it is a wonderful conductor of heat, and has superior burn-off characteristics (resists fouling). I'm not gonna say for sure that copper produces a better spark, as I have no proof to back this up, but this is what I have heard from many people who have for more experience and knowledge than myself.

The advantages of platinum and iridium are mainly in longevity and reliability under extreme dynamic CR's and temperatures, such as those found on your typical turbocharged engine. I run iridium plugs on the SRT-4 for this very reason (and poet, I would definitely recommend continued use of iridium on your setup). H22's, on the other hand, don't tend to produce such extreme conditions, and copper will work fine. The main reason (and in fact, the only reason that I can actually verify) that Honda uses iridium plugs is to extend the service intervals of the vehicle, as having to change plugs less frequently is somehow supposed to represent a better engine (not true, but it works for marketing, how do you think S2k's get a 105k mi. interval?). Here is where the main advantage that I can see for copper comes into play, and that is cost. Copper plugs tend to be much cheaper than other types, making it far easier to justify changing them more often. A new plug will be better than an old, fouled one in any case, and this frequent changing of your plugs is probably the best advantage that copper plugs offer.

Overall, run what you want, as all types of plugs have different advantages and disadvantages, and spark plugs are a very misunderstood science by the average automotive enthusiast. I wish I knew more myself, but the fact is, there's not a whole lot of reliable, unbiased information out there on this subject. Regardless, I have found that copper tends to be the best for my current setup, do what you want for yours.

-Andrew-

'01 Premium White Pearl Type SH-ATTS Baby!!!

Click
to join the official Prelude Power Facebook group, we don't bite!

Last edited by Cruiserdude; 02-13-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Cruiserdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #85
redline88
Lude Boss

redline88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpreludesh View Post
haha this is a stupid question but just to make sure...how do you use the prelude cruise control for 5th gens? i pressed the cruise button and then pushed in the set button on the steering wheel. but it didnt work. i just wanna make sure im doin it right before i decide it doesnt work.
your doin it right, your cruise control might not work. when you push the CC button a green light should come on, and then when you push the set button on the steering wheel, a green cruise control light will show up by your gauges

TRACTION??? HAHAHA, WHATS THAT?
redline88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #86
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

I had a question bout the difference between LSD and non-LSD...
thanks for the replies...
Old 02-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #87
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

Cruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdchlorine View Post
I had a question bout the difference between LSD and non-LSD...
thanks for the replies...
https://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=257360

-Andrew-

Click
Old 02-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #88
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

thanks
Old 02-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #89
svtcobra725
True Luder

svtcobra725 is on a distinguished road
hey guys well im not much of a newb...but i dint want to get [email protected]%chtd at for sum stupid question...is a neuspeed n2 header brand new good for 150?? is is same as dc or worse?

svtcobra725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2007, 10:09 PM   #90
redline88
Lude Boss

if it looks like a stock h22 header it isnt anything good, the stock header is just the same as a DC, megan, etc. but they do alil bit and look better than stock

Old 02-14-2007, 10:25 PM   #91
redline88
Lude Boss

i was just wondering if anybody know anything about a strut bar about the rear speakers...i was checkin out some pics, and i saw a clean lude with a strut bar above the rear speakers???

Old 02-14-2007, 11:38 PM   #92
poet
the 'lude makes me poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline88 View Post
i was just wondering if anybody know anything about a strut bar about the rear speakers...i was checkin out some pics, and i saw a clean lude with a strut bar above the rear speakers???
it's not a strut bar, it mounts on the bolts that the rear seat belts use. i think it's just called a brace bar but not a hundred percent.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #93
redline88
Lude Boss

yeah i think thats what it is...i was just wonderin

Old 02-15-2007, 04:29 PM   #94
viclude00

viclude00 is on a distinguished road
oil leak

it seems that i have an oil leak possibly from the valve cover area. there is a small spot in the front to the left of the header and there is a large spot behind the distibutor that goes down underneath the distributor. i just bought the car a few weeks ago and the oil was fine. today i checked it and there was none in there. does anyone know what this could be.
viclude00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #95
redline88
Lude Boss

could be your valvecover gasket

Old 02-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #96
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

VTEC solenoid gasket? We'll need some pics.

-Andrew-

Click
Old 02-15-2007, 06:45 PM   #97
redline88
Lude Boss

yeh pics would help...

Old 02-16-2007, 12:36 AM   #98
sleeptech

sleeptech is on a distinguished road
alright i need help from the ol pro's i just got a 1990 si and i cant figure out if i need to replace enigine or if it cost effective to just get this on overhauled ????? has any on got a price on a overhaul on a b21a1--or as i like to call it ol smoky
sleeptech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2007, 12:45 AM   #99
98vtec
bangin' gears

98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech View Post
alright i need help from the ol pro's i just got a 1990 si and i cant figure out if i need to replace enigine or if it cost effective to just get this on overhauled ????? has any on got a price on a overhaul on a b21a1--or as i like to call it ol smoky
you might want to ask that in the 3rd gen forum as this is a thread for 5th gens.

instagram - @850fab
facebook - @850Fabrication
98vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2007, 04:19 AM   #100
Hprelude5R
2ludes 1s2000

Hprelude5R will become famous soon enoughHprelude5R will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech View Post
h22 swap.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Hprelude5R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement