Honda Prelude Forum banner

OBD1 H22A Sensors

8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  1funryd 
#1 ·
I'm doing the H22 swap right now, I got a JDM H22 ready to drop in, almost. I'm wondering a few more things that I just realize while doing some more research. I know quite a few people on PP here have two o2 sensors on their 3rd gens. From my research this should be wrong, since only obd2 cars should have 2 o2 sensors. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to pass emissions with a gutted cat. I was looking into getting a piggyback computer or dummy o2 sensors, until I found out that it's pointless since I can get my ECU itself tuned.

So, I'm wondering... do we have 2 o2 sensors? Do we need them? Do these new fangled Preludes have sensors that we need to add to stuff with the swap? Do our warning lights, such as the CEL still work? Etc. If anyone hs any info on any of this I would be very appreciative.

#3 ·
I'm doing the H22 swap right now, I got a JDM H22 ready to drop in, almost. I'm wondering a few more things that I just realize while doing some more research. I know quite a few people on PP here have two o2 sensors on their 3rd gens. From my research this should be wrong, since only obd2 cars should have 2 o2 sensors. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to pass emissions with a gutted cat. I was looking into getting a piggyback computer or dummy o2 sensors, until I found out that it's pointless since I can get my ECU itself tuned.

So, I'm wondering... do we have 2 o2 sensors? Do we need them? Do these new fangled Preludes have sensors that we need to add to stuff with the swap? Do our warning lights, such as the CEL still work? Etc. If anyone hs any info on any of this I would be very appreciative.
Thats only for OBD0 preludes, not OBD1 preludes.

And you need to make sure that your engine harness is made by rywire.com before you do any hacking and ruin your harness.

#6 ·
Don't get me wrong, I understand most of what you all are saying. I've read every bit of information I possibly can on this swap. I just don't recall it being mentioned, and I was concerned.

What I read implied that OBD2 were the only ones with two O2 sensors, so that makes sense that only the OBD0 ones have them too.

What I meant was more that I read some JDM Preludes had heat sensors on the cat and other stuff like that. I was just wondering if we needed any of those wired up to prevent a CEL, and if the CEL even still worked after the swap.

#9 ·
I know this is an old post but I've been requiring this information for a week now. . So if what I'm reading is right... my obd1 h22a with harness and obd1 ecu in a obd2 chassis ONLY needs the one o2 sensor there on the down pipe. . For the record.. what is the other sensor it seems smaller.. heat ?..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.