5th Gen_ 1998 SiR S-Spec - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:12 PM   #1
nitin_s1
Ludacious

nitin_s1 will become famous soon enoughnitin_s1 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to nitin_s1
1998 SiR S-Spec

Hello my fellow Prelude people from across the pond. You might remember me for having my Japanese Sir Type-S (((Build thread here))).

ATTS was nearly dying as it needed a lot of renovation, it was less tuneable and then there was the rust that had eaten all the sills which was a major let down. so in the end I decided to part it out and go on the hunt for a new one.

And I got this....

1998 SiR S-Spec

For those of you don't know it was had the same engine as the Type-S (Red top JDM H22A) with 220ps but instead of the ATTS it had a LSD. Same interior bits, half leather seats half suede/alcantara and all the cool JDM options. I was really lucky as this one had only done 66k kilometres. S-Spec was a bit rarer then the Type-S even in Japan so when this came up for sale I paid upfront even without going to see it.

There was a couple of problems with the car but they were only cosmetics as it needs a re-spray, folding mirrors weren't working and couple of nasty marks in the interior. But the engine was sweet and the suspension just had a good overhaul as it was poly-bushed.

This is the day I got my car was really excited.

Then after a couple of weeks I transferred all my good lip kits from my old car in to this along with the black surrounded headlights too.

Next on the list is to sort out the interior, get some new OEM wheels and then go for a re-spray.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Build Thread
nitin_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2018, 12:18 AM   #2
Tintin10
Lude Dude

Tintin10 is on a distinguished road
That's a really great find. Your are lucky as the S-Spec and Type SH didn't come out here in South Africa. There seem to be few good condition Preludes in the market today. I will be following your thread
Tintin10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #3
nitin_s1
Ludacious

Today I managed to clean up the interior to it's formal OEM glory. It had an aftermarket gear knob and you lot know how much I love OEM knobs . There was some panels that were scratched and luckily I saved some good ones from my old car in to this. The Glass bit of the speedo also had a crack and managed to swap that over to a better looking one. The rear fog light switch also was broken so managed to fix that by deleting it.

There are a couple of thing I need to get it back to 100% original. It's missing the JDM flare, CF gear surround and the passenger side rear visor's glass bit is also broken. I have the flare and the CF bits from my old car so that's easy but the glass bit i'll need to source it.

I stil have the Red SiR interior and the red JDM Recaro's to go in this car but at the moment I do love the OEM interior and the practicality of rear seats so will leave that for summer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Build Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 01:15 AM   #4
Tintin10
Lude Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_s1 View Post
Today I managed to clean up the interior to it's formal OEM glory. It had an aftermarket gear knob and you lot know how much I love OEM knobs . There was some panels that were scratched and luckily I saved some good ones from my old car in to this. The Glass bit of the speedo also had a crack and managed to swap that over to a better looking one. The rear fog light switch also was broken so managed to fix that by deleting it.

There are a couple of thing I need to get it back to 100% original. It's missing the JDM flare, CF gear surround and the passenger side rear visor's glass bit is also broken. I have the flare and the CF bits from my old car so that's easy but the glass bit i'll need to source it.

I stil have the Red SiR interior and the red JDM Recaro's to go in this car but at the moment I do love the OEM interior and the practicality of rear seats so will leave that for summer.
Looks brand new. my interior looks very similar except for the seats and gauge cluster.

EDV Photography Honda BB6 by Etienne de Villiers Photography, on Flickr
Old 02-12-2018, 05:36 AM   #5
nitin_s1
Ludacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin10 View Post
Looks brand new. my interior looks very similar except for the seats and gauge cluster.
+ Chrome 'Prelude' Sills and JDM flare

I still have my old JDM red SiR interior to go in along with Recaro's so I will do that later on this year.

<-- Build Thread
Old 02-13-2018, 01:19 AM   #6
Tintin10
Lude Dude

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_s1 View Post
+ Chrome 'Prelude' Sills and JDM flare

I still have my old JDM red SiR interior to go in along with Recaro's so I will do that later on this year.
True!

Looking forward to the progress. I must update my thread as gave up soon after Photobucket retracted their free 3rd party hosting.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #7
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
awesome! love that youve gotten another s spec!!!

cant wait to see kire in this build thread!!

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2018, 11:01 AM   #8
nitin_s1
Ludacious

I gave the S-Spec it's very first wash in my ownership so decided to take some pictures.

Things to do -
- Install the Bonnet spoiler
- Honda Access Muffler
- Service the car
- Refurb my new alloys along with new tires
- Re-spray in some areas

<-- Build Thread
Old 02-27-2018, 11:47 PM   #9
Tintin10
Lude Dude

Car is looking great man keep it up!

My clutch master cylinder is busy packing up so i am waiting for the new Exedy part to arrive from Amazon. Hope the quality is alright and that it last a good few km.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:23 AM   #10
nitin_s1
Ludacious

Quote:
Car is looking great man keep it up!

My clutch master cylinder is busy packing up so i am waiting for the new Exedy part to arrive from Amazon. Hope the quality is alright and that it last a good few km.
Thank you.

And just the other day I had a trouble getting my car in to any gear :O just need to have a look at my clutch fluid to see what was that about. It was really cold (-5) and I had to let the car warm up to 30 mins before I could move.

<-- Build Thread
Old 03-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #11
nitin_s1
Ludacious

When I took those pictures in the park I got to try out a iPhone stabiliser. It was the DJI mobile 2 and was so surprised on how stabile the video is with it. Decided to make a quick video on their own app and sorry about the thunder music as that's the only thing I liked that was already in their app.

<-- Build Thread
Old 03-15-2018, 11:42 AM   #12
emathew

emathew is on a distinguished road
Keep us posted!
emathew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #13
nitin_s1
Ludacious

Finally got my new wheels fitted to the car and here some pictures of the car. Enkei RP01 - 17x7.5 ET32 with 215/45/17. Choose these wheels as they are kind of like the OEM Type-S wheels but bigger and fill up the arches better and of course they're JDM..

Fills up the arches so much better

I know the car's body work needs an attention and it's going to be sorted out next month.

The tyres are catching on the rear arch a bit so will need to get the arches rolled too..

<-- Build Thread
Old 01-09-2019, 04:58 AM   #14
nitin_s1
Ludacious

So a lot of has changed since I last updated this thread (some of you might know from instagram and facebook but I thought I'd update this thread anyways).

The car is a rare S-Spec model and even rarer then the Type-S model every where so I wanted to do something to it that would keep the OEM stuff but also add another unique point to it. I deiced to paint the whole car phoenix yellow.

I had a vision in my mind and it would look like this :

Some pictures of the car during the body work process :

<-- Build Thread
Old 01-09-2019, 05:03 AM   #15
nitin_s1
Ludacious

So after a few months the car was back from the body work with the following done to the car :

Full strip, under sealed the car for future rust proofing, arches rolled to accommodate the wheels, wheels fully powder coated to championship white and full car resprayed in Phoenix yellow.

The car came out the garage looking like this for a quick photoshoot :

<-- Build Thread
Old 01-09-2019, 05:07 AM   #16
nitin_s1
Ludacious

At first I was a bit scared the car wouldn't look right in a different/bright colour but now I'm really pleased. It got a lot of attention at the Honda Show (Mimms Honda Day UK - London).

Couple of pictures from the show by me :

<-- Build Thread
Old 01-11-2019, 04:32 AM   #17
Tintin10
Lude Dude

Great update! It looks like the body shop did an excellent job with the respray.

What other plans have you got for the car? are you still enjoying it?

Old 01-11-2019, 07:22 AM   #18
nitin_s1
Ludacious

Quote:
Great update! It looks like the body shop did an excellent job with the respray.

What other plans have you got for the car? are you still enjoying it?

I'm in two minds about keeping the engine stock and going for a 'show' look with new wheels etc or go for the forced induction route. Not sure but at the moment i'm just enjoying it and it gets a lot of attention on the road :O

<-- Build Thread
Old 01-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #19
George Type-S
Getting Comfortable

George Type-S is on a distinguished road
What's the piece on the hood for? I never understood that :/

First time seeing a Prelude with no sunroof, it looks good!
Old 01-20-2019, 06:01 AM   #20
nitin_s1
Ludacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Type-S View Post
What's the piece on the hood for? I never understood that :/

First time seeing a Prelude with no sunroof, it looks good!

The correct name for that is "Bonnet/Hood Spoiler" it's there to guide the air around the pillar for less wind noise.

All JDM Prelude's had the option of not having a sunroof.

<-- Build Thread
Old 01-26-2019, 01:04 PM   #21
Shirp
True Luder

Shirp is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shirp
Lovely! I'm in rebuild mode. I've found a few of these in Japan I thought about importing, but they are too young!

If you can source me a digital climate control (just the face plate and harness with pigtail) let me know!

My Lude:

"You know you own a 5th generation `LUDE when you park her and you walk away...just to turn around and make sure shes still there...but in actuality, your're just admiring her beauty and you quietly whisper to yourself, "your such a fine piece of ass.""
Shirp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #22
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
Wow the yellow looks awesome!!still love this car!been wstching your progres and thtead for literally years and years!!

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2019, 07:58 AM   #23
nitin_s1
Ludacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirp View Post
Lovely! I'm in rebuild mode. I've found a few of these in Japan I thought about importing, but they are too young!
If you can source me a digital climate control (just the face plate and harness with pigtail) let me know!
I sold my old Sat-nav unit from my Type-S to someone long time ago but if I find another set for sale I will give you a shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouckarooo View Post
Wow the yellow looks awesome!!still love this car!been wstching your progres and thtead for literally years and years!!
Thanks I have bought another Honda so soon you shall see.

<-- Build Thread
Old 02-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #24
nitin_s1
Ludacious

I managed to get the Prelude cleaned, washed and waxed today.

The weather was perfect, wasn't too cold and at the end the sunlight just hit the car perfectly for those epic photos.

<-- Build Thread
Old 02-22-2019, 06:35 AM   #25
nitin_s1
Ludacious

Couple of pictures of the car at Ace Cafe meet and then some in central London.

And my favourite one.

<-- Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement